The "Fear" Songs

MrMiltonBanana

Hey. I'm rather new to Rush and I have a question. What is the deal with the songs in "Fear". The only ones I have are The Weapon "Part II" and Witch Hunt "PArt III". First, if Moving Pictures was before Signals, why is part II before Part II? What are the other parts? And any other information will be appreciated.

There are 4 parts...

Part 1 is Enemy Within on Grace Under Pressure

Part 2 is The Weapon on Signals

Part 3 is Witch Hunt on Moving Pictures

Part 4 is Freeze on Vapor Trails

This is Neil's interpretation of how peoples actions are motivated by fear...EW concerns fear inside us, Weapon concerns howfear is used against us and WH concerns how fear feeds mob mentality...Since Freeze is relatively new I really don't know the motive for Neil for the song and its place in the Fear quadrology (still trying to interpret the lyrics confused13.gif )

It is in the order it is because Neil said it was easier to write about the particuliar subject at that time....the mob angle was the easiest so that came first..EW was last because according to Neil it dealt with himself so it was the hardest to write....

Hope that helps cool.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 27 2005, 01:47 AM)
There are 4 parts...

This is Neil's interpretation of how peoples actions are motivated by fear...EW concerns fear inside us, Weapon concerns howfear is used against us and WH concerns how fear feeds mob mentality...Since Freeze is relatively new I really don't know the motive for Neil for the song and its place in the Fear quadrology (still trying to interpret the lyrics confused13.gif )

It is in the order it is because Neil said it was easier to write about the particuliar subject at that time....the mob angle was the easiest so that came first..EW was last because according to Neil it dealt with himself so it was the hardest to write....

Hope that helps cool.gif

Some good points there Test but can I just point one thing out - Fear is not a Quadrilogy.

Quadriliogy is a word that was invented by 20th Century Fox when they put out the Alien box set.

Fear is actually a tetralogy

QUOTE (Wikipedia)

A tetralogy is a compound work that is made up of four (numerical prefix tetra-) distinct works.

The name comes from the Attic theater, where tetralogies were meant to be played in one sitting at the Dionysia. In more recent times, Shakespeare wrote two tetralogies, the first consisting of the three Henry VI plays and Richard III, and the second consisting of Richard II, the two Henry IV plays, and Henry V.

In modern times, the term has also been applied to novels, such as Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End, Henry de Montherlant's Les Jeunes Filles and Yukio Mishima's Sea of Fertility.

The 20th Century Fox marketing team coined the synonym "quadrilogy" for the release of their Alien DVD box set The Alien Quadrilogy. This is a made-up word and is not in common usage.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jul 28 2005, 12:47 AM)

Some good points there Test but can I just point one thing out - Fear is not a Quadrilogy.

Quadriliogy is a word that was invented by 20th Century Fox when they put out the Alien box set.

I had a feeling when the alen box set came out that they made up Quadrilogy.

So Now I Know!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jul 28 2005, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 27 2005, 01:47 AM)
There are 4 parts...

Hope that helps cool.gif

QUOTE (Wikipedia)

A tetralogy is a compound work that is made up of four (numerical prefix tetra-) distinct works.

The name comes from the Attic theater, where tetralogies were meant to be played in one sitting at the Dionysia. In more recent times, Shakespeare wrote two tetralogies, the first consisting of the three Henry VI plays and Richard III, and the second consisting of Richard II, the two Henry IV plays, and Henry V.

In modern times, the term has also been applied to novels, such as Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End, Henry de Montherlant's Les Jeunes Filles and Yukio Mishima's Sea of Fertility.

The 20th Century Fox marketing team coined the synonym "quadrilogy" for the release of their Alien DVD box set The Alien Quadrilogy. This is a made-up word and is not in common usage.

I didn't know what the correct term was so just used quadrology as a reference point to the 4 parts but thanx for the info! trink39.gif

Archived