Your Favorite Concert Moments

I think one of my favorite concert moments was at Cincinnati Riverbend last year. I had on a T-shirt with a design on the front and Alex motioned/ asked me what was on my shirt. I just held up my hands because it was just a design I had made. That was way cool. Also love all the eye contact you get when you're up in the front rows.

I don't know if I could physically handle that at my age. I'm serious. You have no idea (or maybe you do) of how the thought of sitting up front and actually seeing them in person (finally!!!) and making eye contract or having either Alex or Geddy actually acknowledge my presence, is beyond my comprehension at the moment. It would be the ultimate event in my life.

What impressed me about your post is how unimpressed they are with themselves. That Alex actually asked you that...

I don't understand this really. They are great musicians and seem like cool guys but they are human beings like you and I. Meeting them would be interesting I guess but not something I would really go out of my way to do...unless there was some potential business/project reason for it. Or just having a beer maybe. I guess being "star struck" or whatever seems weird to me in general. I do work in film so maybe that's partly why I feel that way. But I definitely see why Neil has apprehension toward some fans...

You have a problem with someone who never saw them in concert wanting to? And from that you put me down as a woman who is love-struck and on par with a stalker fan that makes Neil apprehensive? If so, I'm not the one who has a problem.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I think one of my favorite concert moments was at Cincinnati Riverbend last year. I had on a T-shirt with a design on the front and Alex motioned/ asked me what was on my shirt. I just held up my hands because it was just a design I had made. That was way cool. Also love all the eye contact you get when you're up in the front rows.

I don't know if I could physically handle that at my age. I'm serious. You have no idea (or maybe you do) of how the thought of sitting up front and actually seeing them in person (finally!!!) and making eye contract or having either Alex or Geddy actually acknowledge my presence, is beyond my comprehension at the moment. It would be the ultimate event in my life.

What impressed me about your post is how unimpressed they are with themselves. That Alex actually asked you that...

I don't understand this really. They are great musicians and seem like cool guys but they are human beings like you and I. Meeting them would be interesting I guess but not something I would really go out of my way to do...unless there was some potential business/project reason for it. Or just having a beer maybe. I guess being "star struck" or whatever seems weird to me in general. I do work in film so maybe that's partly why I feel that way. But I definitely see why Neil has apprehension toward some fans...

Yeah who would want to meet their idols?? How weird!!! I'd much rather just sit on a forum all day and discuss them

Idols? I appreciate them and their musical output but I in no way idolize them. And I'm sorry you sit on a forum all day with nothing else to do. I'm here to talk with other people who have a common interest, not divulge my love fantasies for a trio of talented musicians I've never known or met.

I didn't say they were your idols. I don't get how you can think it's weird to want to meet them though. I also don't understand why you would call someone out for wanting to meet them. I mentioned the forum because if you're willing to spend time discussing a particular band on an Internet forum then surely the idea of wanting to meet them can't be that far fetched
  • Like 2

I primarily don't understand why people would "freak out" or not be able to handle meeting them. They are human beings not gods. (Actually I do understand it. Just bringing it all up for discussion purposes.) Edited by savagegrace26

I primarily don't understand why people would "freak out" or not be able to handle meeting them. They are human beings not gods. (Actually I do understand it. Just bringing it all up for discussion purposes.)

Well I certainly don't view them as gods hahaha. I'll admit that I get excited though if Geddy or Alex awcknowledge me at a show. I can't really explain why though haha I guess it's just because I appreciate their craft so much and I view them as such cool people
  • Like 1

I don't know. I could take or leave meeting them. I guess it would be interesting but then again I don't like meeting most people (unless it's a hot rushian chick).

Hmmm. A funny thought would be Neil reading this and being annoyed that a "fan" didn't want to meet him.

I primarily don't understand why people would "freak out" or not be able to handle meeting them. They are human beings not gods. (Actually I do understand it. Just bringing it all up for discussion purposes.)

Then maybe the wise thing would be to ask what they mean before jumping to conclusions. I'm sixty years old. I haven't been to a concert since the eighties. I don't know if I could handle the excitement of a concert without it having an adverse health effect.

• Like 3

1. Time Machine in Omaha, NE. My first Rush show ever. Couldn't believe my eyes for the whole show. AMAZING!

2. Where's My Thing? Kansas City 8/4/13, when they started playing again after Neil's solo. WOW!

3. Paul Rudd comes on stage for YYZ in Kansas City 8/4/13 and starts SLAPPIN DA BASS!!!

• Like 2

1. Time Machine in Omaha, NE. My first Rush show ever. Couldn't believe my eyes for the whole show. AMAZING!

2. Where's My Thing? Kansas City 8/4/13, when they started playing again after Neil's solo. WOW!

3. Paul Rudd comes on stage for YYZ in Kansas City 8/4/13 and starts SLAPPIN DA BASS!!!

Welcome to the forum.... :cheers:
  • Like 3

Individual Moments...

1) Black Sabbath Reunion Tour. Just the very beggining itself. I couldn't have had higher hopes, and they exceeded them. Roof came off with opening note.

2) Pantera on Reinventing the Steel Tour -start to play Cementary Gates...then drunk Phil goes all "you guys like this (*stuff)? To (bleeping) bad" ...then rip into F****** Hostile. Dissapointed to redeemed in 4 seconds.

3) Rush Vapor Trails Tour- keyboard swoosh, starman, 2112 (1st rush show and i knew it would be my highlight to take away)

I'm curious if anyone has any moments that would be in their top whatever if they happened. Within reason (so no beatles for me, since it was never possible). I'd go with full Hemispheres or 2112 right to # 2 if that had happened at any of the tours i've seen.

Also a top 5 if Billy Joel played either Scenes From and Italian Restaurant or Goodnight Saigon when i saw him (sigh)