• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels
    • Stick pins in Pound Of Obscure's eyes

I hate to see A Farewell To Kings with only three votes.

I know. How about CoS and 2112 with one each while HYF has three!

Hey, who deleted their Hemispheres vote?!

http://www.webacom.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/adaca_DonFaints.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/devestated.gif

• Like 2

I voted A Farewell to Kings since it was my first album and on the basis of Xanadu and Cygnus X-1. But Hemispheres is right up there with it.
  • Like 3

http://www.webacom.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/adaca_DonFaints.gif

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/973thedawg.com/files/2013/06/anigif_enhanced-buzz-14438-1370960850-29.gif

I confess to deleting my Hemispheres vote and going with A Farewell to Kings. It was done after a lot of careful consideration, and it has nothing to do with anyone's influence, even the influence of a certain member who loves Xanadu.
  • Like 4

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/973thedawg.com/files/2013/06/anigif_enhanced-buzz-14438-1370960850-29.gif

It wasn't me, I swear! I didn't vote for it in the first place! :no:

• Like 1

I confess to deleting my Hemispheres vote and going with A Farewell to Kings. It was done after a lot of careful consideration, and it has nothing to do with anyone's influence, even the influence of a certain member who loves Xanadu.

The check will go out in tomorrow's mail.

• Like 2

It was ultimately the right thing to do.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

No need to pay me for something I did in good conscience.

It was a joke.

It was a joke.

Mine too (I should have inserted the appropriate :eyeroll: )

Gees,

It's only music. I am so glad I was born to enjoy what ever song, album at any givin' time. I am moody when it comes to music.It can change at any time. I can never settle on who, what are the best at any thing regardless if it is music, sports,art, food, ect. We all have our likes and dislikes in life. Thats what makes us all unique in our own special way. Most of it is because of the time we were born. Anyway, I am off to work.

Have a great day All! :rush:

Edited by troutman

Gees,

It's only music. I am so glad I was born to enjoy what ever song, album at any givin' time. I am moody when it comes to music.It can change at any time. I can never settle on who, what are the best at any thing regardless if it is music, sports,art, food, ect. We all have our likes and dislikes in life. Thats what makes us all unique in our own special way. Most of it is because of the time we were born. Anyway, I am off to work.

Have a great day All! :rush:

Only music??!! ONLY music???!!! Only MUSIC??!!! Rush is the "soundtrack to my LIFE!"

Among other bands that are also part of the soundtrack to my life.

• Like 4

I can see why they would like Clockwork Angels. But I wonder what it is about Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures that is so special to them.

Put simply, these two albums represent the Golden Age of Rush. They were moving away from a theme/genre album format and toward something more accessible to the average listener. They were recording at Le Studio and loving the experience. And, oh yeah, they were making two of the most incredible prog rock albums ever. :)

I can see why they would like Clockwork Angels. But I wonder what it is about Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures that is so special to them.

Put simply, these two albums represent the Golden Age of Rush. They were moving away from a theme/genre album format and toward something more accessible to the average listener. They were recording at Le Studio and loving the experience. And, oh yeah, they were making two of the most incredible prog rock albums ever. :)

Moving Pictures has aged better than any album I have ever heard in my short, beautiful and slightly demented life

• Like 2

Close. Their families were there and having them close meant a great deal.

• Like 1

The Golden Age of Rush for me was the seventies. And like all golden ages, it is gone. They can recapture Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves, but they can't recapture the glorious albums of the seventies.

• Like 3

Makes you wonder why Neil tries to get as far away from his every single chance he gets...

• Like 1

I thought that up to 1985, or maybe it was 1986, Geddy had said they were constantly on the road touring and rarely at home with their families. He said after one tour, I am guessing it was Grace Under Pressure tour, the three of them arrived home sick and completely worn out and total strangers to their families. It was after that they changed their tour schedule to include trips back home every few weeks.

Edited by Lorraine

Makes you wonder why Neil tries to get as far away from his every single chance he gets...

Read his books dude.

• Like 1

Read his books dude.

Even the library in PURGATORY won't stock those.

Go watch Beyond the Lighted Stage. Geddy explains this. After Hemisphere tour they made big changes

I thought that up to 1985, or maybe it was 1986, Geddy had said they were constantly on the road touring and rarely at home with their families. He said after one tour, I am guessing it was Grace Under Pressure tour, the three of them arrived home sick and completely worn out and total strangers to their families. It was after that they changed their tour schedule to include trips back home every few weeks.

I've watched it twice already. At the moment, it is one hundred degrees here. When saner weather returns. I will watch it again. Maybe I got the years mixed up, but I do know that he said in an interview what I wrote in the post. Edited by Lorraine

I voted for Permanent Waves.

I also strongly considered A Farewell to Kings, Moviing Pictures, and Power Windows

If you voted for 2112, Hemispheres, GUP, COS, Fly By Night, I can also respect those choices

While I get why folks would vote for MP (even Geddy has called it the quintessential Rush album), I still see that as the easy vote. That's a bit like saying your favorite American sports car is the Corvette. Sure, there are other options like the Camaro, the Fiery Chicken, and the Mustang, but really....

Mmm, 1967-69 Camaros.

• Like 1