• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels
    • Stick pins in Pound Of Obscure's eyes

My vote is always (permanently?) going to be Permanent Waves. Hands down my favorite. If I am going to be stuck on an island for a decade and only get three albums to take with me, they are: Permanent Waves, The Police's Synchronicity, and Otis Redding's Live in Europe. Yes, there are bands besides Rush. Yes, my musical tastes are varied and even weird. Of course, the notion of taking "X" albums on a deserted island is no longer relevant in the world of iPhones as music players and I would simply take my fully loaded iPhone... which I would then try to use to get off said island....
  • Like 3

I wonder what Rush's favorite album is?

Geddy said in a recent interview that the albums that they're most proud of are 2112, Moving Pictures, Power Windows, and Clockwork Angels.

Makes sense when you think about it. I am surprised however that he didn't mention Counterparts..... :sarcastic:

Hey, they pulled out Stick It Out and LTTA on the Time Machine Tour, they must like it to SOME degree.

What gets me is their seemingly higher affection for Roll The Bones. Not even including Dreamline that album's always finding its way into the setlist, minus the Time Machine tour. To each their own I guess.

My son and I have a theory they only pull out Dreamline because they want to get their money's worth out of the green lasers. Those things must have been expensive, you know?

• Like 1

I wonder what Rush's favorite album is?

Geddy said in a recent interview that the albums that they're most proud of are 2112, Moving Pictures, Power Windows, and Clockwork Angels.

Makes sense when you think about it. I am surprised however that he didn't mention Counterparts..... :sarcastic:

Hey, they pulled out Stick It Out and LTTA on the Time Machine Tour, they must like it to SOME degree.

What gets me is their seemingly higher affection for Roll The Bones. Not even including Dreamline that album's always finding its way into the setlist, minus the Time Machine tour. To each their own I guess.

Believe it or not, based on my recent findings I think Presto is better than anything 87'-07'. Heck given the problem I have with the sound (on CA) I may like it better than CA too...... :huh:

You give me no choice but to kiss you.

*mwah mwah mwah*

I voted for Permanent Waves.

I also strongly considered A Farewell to Kings, Moviing Pictures, and Power Windows

If you voted for 2112, Hemispheres, GUP, COS, Fly By Night, I can also respect those choices

While I get why folks would vote for MP (even Geddy has called it the quintessential Rush album), I still see that as the easy vote. That's a bit like saying your favorite American sports car is the Corvette. Sure, there are other options like the Camaro, the Fiery Chicken, and the Mustang, but really....

• Like 1

hi Edited by Segue Myles

Clockwork Angels = The most overrated album of all time. All you CA lovers need to lay off the :smoke: :smoke:
  • Like 3

If clockwork angels ties Hemispheres for votes, im changing my vote from Permanent Waves to Hemispheres just on principal

There some corruption on this forum, there's a lobby pleading the case of angels.

Clockwork Angels = The most overrated album of all time. All you CA lovers need to lay off the :smoke: :smoke:

Preach it.

Mick

Agreed.

Can I say I think its a great MODERN Rush album...but not one of the bands ALL TIME greats.

• Like 4

Who are the three Hold Your Fire votees? :laughing guy:

:laughing guy: :LMAO:

Folks born after 1970 no doubt..... :LOL:
  • Like 1

My top five remain:

1. Hemi 9.09

2. MP 8.63

3. AFTK 8.5

4. P/G 8.38

5. CA 8.27

So Hemispheres it is...

My top five remain:

1. Hemi 9.09

2. MP 8.63

3. AFTK 8.5

4. P/G 8.38

5. CA 8.27

So Hemispheres it is... Good that HYF is getting some appreciation though.

Edited by len(songs)

:laughing guy: :LMAO:

Between 18 years and 30 years old, pretty sure

I wonder if anyone will vote for Snakes and Arrows? :)

NO!! Maybe they could just vote to stick pins in my eyes. Hey Kenny, you may want to add that option to the poll.

Added. Careful what you wish for though.

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

I was the first...then backed down...

it is a terrific album so why the silly, but infectiously awesome, gigglies?

• Like 1

Because while it is a terrific album, I hardly think it is their best and would be amazed that anyone can think it is their best unless they were coming of age when HYF came out which would mean that they were born in the vicinity of 1970. Hence, the infectiously awesome gigglies.

Is my answer sufficient for your awesomeness, or would you like me to expand a bit on it here and there? Hmmmm??

Because while it is a terrific album, I hardly think it is their best and would be amazed that anyone can think it is their best unless they were coming of age when HYF came out which would mean that they were born in the vicinity of 1970. Hence, the infectiously awesome gigglies.

Is my answer sufficient for your awesomeness, or would you like me to expand a bit on it here and there? Hmmmm??

Nope! I thought maybe you didn't like it at all...which didn't make sense haha.

You speak wisdomness!

You can defend yourself against a Diva, she got the answer to all your questions.