Snakes & Arrows V Clockwork Angels

Brucey

Which do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Snakes & Arrows. Geddys voice on CA really sucks and the songs have no heart. The only songs that stand out are Caravan, Headlong Flight and The Garden. The rest of it is just one long drone to me.

that would be because of the WONDERFUL production CA offered. Just a wall of mush and noise.

Mick

I went with Snakes & Arrows, only because the overall production is way better and the songs are more listenable out of the context of the album. I don't really listen to either one of these in a single sitting.
  • Like 2

Snakes & Arrows. By a large margin.

Its just better music. Sorry, just my observation.

And I have given CA plenty spins to be certain this is how I really feel.

I however do like CA better now, then I did when it was first released. But S&A is still the better album.

One more thing. I think there are plenty more on here that feel just like I do. But do not want to publicly say so. For fear of the Rush "experts".

Fear not. All of the "experts" here voted for Snakes and Arrows.

Snakes and Arrows. It's way more diverse and it doesn't have the Garden on it. Y'all are cray cray for that song

Whatever. Ur profile pic is Lorde for goodness sake.

• Like 1

Snakes and Arrows. It's way more diverse and it doesn't have the Garden on it. Y'all are cray cray for that song

Funny you should mention the Garden. I was always big on it but i may have hit my limit. Cause the other day i'm listenung to it. And I said "WOW.......this song is really really......REALLY not that good. I enjoy it a little still but it is over praised.

Mick

• Like 1

Funny you should mention the Garden. I was always big on it but i may have hit my limit. Cause the other day i'm listenung to it. And I said "WOW.......this song is really really......REALLY not that good. I enjoy it a little still but it is over praised.

Mick

Sounds more like you overplayed it if you ask me.

Mick

I just think people went nuts cause Rush Did it. Example if Toto did it'd be shit on......but maybe you're right. Time will tell for me.

Mick

Mick

I just think people went nuts cause Rush Did it. Example if Toto did it'd be shit on......but maybe you're right. Time will tell for me.

Mick

Um...Toto write better ballads!

Mick

Mick

Agreed. I was just saying The garden is praised up and down i think BECAUSE Rush wrote it. It's kind of sappy. When you really listen to it. So i think if a band like a Toto had written it. you'd hear a different tune from people. I'm just talkin' i could be completely off the mark here ;)

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

Mick

Agreed. I was just saying The garden is praised up and down i think BECAUSE Rush wrote it. It's kind of sappy. When you really listen to it. So i think if a band like a Toto had written it. you'd hear a different tune from people. I'm just talkin' i could be completely off the mark here ;)

Mick

I think I see your point!

But if this was a Toto song, well...it wouldn't thrill me. I think The Garden is tremendous lyrically. Haven't played it in a while though...I do think it has the plus point for not being cheesy.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

The flip side is when the songs circle the larger bowl, no amount of high quality production can save them...

Please don't associate Rush with scatological "humor" and references to human body excretory functions. Please respect the boys' work.

:baabaa:

There's a fine line between stupid and clever. Not that you're even close to clever.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/mv-qKQY2/this_is_spinal_tap_a_fine_line_between_stupid_clever/

See, if you were the one on all fours wearing a dog collar and a leash with a glove stuffed in your face, that would have been okay.

It is a fine line indeed. ;)

Edited by CygnusGal

The Garden is a good song. Surprisingly touching on the first listen. Not the best song on CA IMO and I find it slightly overrated.

And Segue, c'mon, Lorde is the bomb.

Edited by ZachenFoot
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels for sure. They're both pretty good lyrically, but CA is better musically.

The Garden is a good song. Surprisingly touching on the first listen. Not the best song on CA IMO and I find it slightly overrated.

And Segue, c'mon, Lorde is the bomb.

She has beautiful eyes.

I dont understand the big hate on Snakes & Arrows!

To me, its MUCH better then Clockwork Angels. Its perfect mixed, and the songs are just awesome!

Listen to The Way The Wind Blows, its just magic! :o

I dont understand the big hate on Snakes & Arrows!

To me, its MUCH better then Clockwork Angels. Its perfect mixed, and the songs are just awesome!

Listen to The Way The Wind Blows, its just magic! :o

The Way The Wind Blows has grown on me a lot...agreed.

Far Cry is just about as good as it gets on Snakes & Arrows, but even that can't begin to compare with the likes of Caravan, Headlong Flight, and The Anarchist. I mean, Armor and Sword is a nice little song, and the instrumentals are…okay…but Clockwork Angels eats Snakes for breakfast.
  • Like 5

CA could be an album of demos and I would still enjoy it more than SA.

What I want to know is how more than 10% of the forum members think S&A is better. I wonder how many would change their minds if a "Clockwork Angels Remixed" was released...

I could almost assure you it would elevate my opinion. Cause right CA Sounds like a wall of shit. I can't fathom how anyone could enjoy it. 2 years and i still can't wrap my head around it.

Mick

• Like 1