For my 2,112 post I give you...

KennyLee

I love you people! :blush:

I do get a great amount of enjoyment from my kids. They each have something special and work hard towards it.

Success or failure doesn't mean squat to me. Try your best and you're a winner. That's my dad speech. Nothing in the world worse than regret. If you work hard and can say you gave it your best shot you will regret nothing.

• Like 2

I do get a great amount of enjoyment from my kids. They each have something special and work hard towards it.

Success or failure doesn't mean squat to me. Try your best and you're a winner. That's my dad speech. Nothing in the world worse than regret. If you work hard and can say you gave it your best shot you will regret nothing.

Yes, that's true, but what impressed me the most about your post was that you realized your limited talent and made the best of what you did/do have.

• Like 3

From one bass god to another:

Take this to heart, and to your bandmates.

Please utilize all that technical ability, chops, feel, and write some damn music.

As I watch these videos I think to myself "they can do this in their sleep (like it's sooo easy wink wink). Why aren't they giving the world a piece of themselves?" As a favor to me, and the rest of TRF, don't waste your talents and God-given gifts on this Kenny. Plow new ground and you'll be rewarded.

You guys have so much more to offer. And that's the truth—with some cheese on it!

Sincerely

Duff

Thank you for the vote of confidence but two things I have accepted in this world.

1. I am old. I'm 43 years old and my window of opportunity to "make it" has long, long passed. Also, with a wife and 3 kids, 2 of whom play travel ice hockey, there is 0 minutes in the day that I could dedicate to song writing.

2. I am just not a very good composer. I have written songs before, mostly as a teenager. They were... meh. Not awful, I guess? Nothing I listen to now so why would anyone else?

I get some grief (not here, really too much) from original artists who don't think you're a real musician if you don't write your own material. While I have much respect for any musician who does, I just can't do it well. I wouldn't look at a concert pianist playing beautiful Chopin or Mozart pieces and think, "Hmm, just doing covers. Not a real musician." Some people can write really good songs. I'm not one of them.

I am having fun, though, and making people happy. That's enough for me at this point in my life.

You letter of resignation is not accepted—get busy dude! Start crankin'

Never quite understood this mentality when it comes to rock musicians. Orchestral players spend their entire careers playing music by other composers. So do most all studio musicians.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

From one bass god to another:

Take this to heart, and to your bandmates.

Please utilize all that technical ability, chops, feel, and write some damn music.

As I watch these videos I think to myself "they can do this in their sleep (like it's sooo easy wink wink). Why aren't they giving the world a piece of themselves?" As a favor to me, and the rest of TRF, don't waste your talents and God-given gifts on this Kenny. Plow new ground and you'll be rewarded.

You guys have so much more to offer. And that's the truth—with some cheese on it!

Sincerely

Duff

Thank you for the vote of confidence but two things I have accepted in this world.

I am old. I'm 43 years old and my window of opportunity to "make it" has long, long passed. Also, with a wife and 3 kids

I'm glad Colonel Sanders didn't say that at 43. Imagine no KFC?

• Like 2

Yes, that's true, but what impressed me the most about your post was that you realized your limited talent and made the best of what you did/do have.

Why try huh?

BS—Write some totally new stuff

I am old. I'm 43 years old and my window of opportunity to "make it" has long, long passed.

the bell tolls for thee.. haha

seriously though, nice job!

where can I view your version of Jacobs Ladder that Spaghetti mentioned earlier in the thread?

• Like 1

I am old. I'm 43 years old and my window of opportunity to "make it" has long, long passed.

where can I view your version of Jacobs Ladder that Spaghetti mentioned earlier in the thread?

You gotta just click on their uploads on YouTube. I can't remember what part of the set it was in...

But...

You have got to experience one of the weirdest things I've ever seen...check out "Natural Science" around the 1:09 mark as a pool-ful of old dudes and dudettes dance to the drum fills. I don't do drugs but I've gotta see what it is they're snortin'!!!

• Like 2

Wow KennyLee, it and is wonderful that you almost sounds like Geddy himself and note for note of Rush!!!! That one heck of the band you 3 have and never will be one again!!!! You guys rock and Rush on!!!! See what i did there? Lol
  • Like 1

It starts at 13:18 of the youtube link below.

I actually just heard this all for the first time through a real sound system. What a difference from my computer speakers.

Wow KennyLee, it and is wonderful that you almost sounds like Geddy himself and note for note of Rush!!!! That one heck of the band you 3 have and never will be one again!!!! You guys rock and Rush on!!!! See what i did there? Lol

Thank you RushFlyer2112!

in a hundred years, I would like to think that music of bands like Pink Floyd, Rush and Yes continue to blow minds by having performers recreate the music.

If it works for classical music hundreds of years old, I hope it works for our music today! These songs that we love deserve to outlive their creators.

• Like 4

Really enjoyed it. Wish I could have seen you in Baltimore but life got in the way (I've got the kid thing going on too). You were so good I wasn't even distracted by your guitarist's proudly-displayed man-boobs! (Well, maybe just a little). Just joking, he seems like a cool guy. :)
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed it. Wish I could have seen you in Baltimore but life got in the way (I've got the kid thing going on too). You were so good I wasn't even distracted by your guitarist's proudly-displayed man-boobs! (Well, maybe just a little). Just joking, he seems like a cool guy. :)

Thanks. He's a very cool guy.

We're back at the Fish Head Cantina on Aug. 23rd. We're sharing a night with High Voltage, an AC/DC tribute band. Should be a lot of fun.

Edited by KennyLee