What Should My Next Music Marathon Be?

The Cat 3

What Should My Next Music Marathon Be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What Should My Next Music Marathon Be?

• David Bowie
    • The Who
    • Pink Floyd
    • Rush
    • Ramones
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Dire Straits

RGLT

Which is the best Bowie album. Not necessarily the best to start with, but THE UNDENIABLE BOWIE MASTERPIECE?

I only know the dude from the film Labyrinth.

I can't speak for ReGorLaTroy, but I would say either Station to Station or Low. Take your pick. Don't go hatin' Ziggy lovers...

I know nothing of the man. Cannot even tell you if I am excited or not!

You must have heard Space Oddity or Life on Mars. Both amazing songs, and just the tip of an amazing iceberg

Nope.

Then get to it :D

:musicnote: This is ground control to Major Segue :musicnote:

IS THAT DAVID BOWIE???????? I LOVE THAT SONG!

Yeah...that's Space Oddity...I told you that you must have heard it, didn't I :D

RGLT

Which is the best Bowie album. Not necessarily the best to start with, but THE UNDENIABLE BOWIE MASTERPIECE?

I can't speak for ReGorLaTroy, but I would say either Station to Station or Low. Take your pick. Don't go hatin' Ziggy lovers...

You must have heard Space Oddity or Life on Mars. Both amazing songs, and just the tip of an amazing iceberg

Nope.

Yeah...that's Space Oddity...I told you that you must have heard it, didn't I :D

What album?

RGLT

Nope.

What album?

David Bowie

David Bowie

• Like 1

Seque,

Here are just a few highlights for you.

These albums cover pretty much the scope of his career from 1969 to 2013.

I've included "Hours" on this list because it is one of my most favorite Bowie albums, even though it is a little dark.

Space Oddity / The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars / Diamond Dogs / Station to Station / Heroes / Let's Dance / Hours / The Next Day

Like Queen, you will discover so many types of music addressed in his music from folk to industrial.

Have fun, you won't be disappointed.

Seque,

I've included "Hours" on this list because it is one of my most favorite Bowie albums, even though it is a little dark.

Space Oddity / The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars / Diamond Dogs / Station to Station / Heroes / Let's Dance / Hours / The Next Day

Like Queen, you will discover so many types of music addressed in his music from folk to industrial.

Thanks! I will start soon...

Seque,

Hours is a underrated album.

But in any Bowie overview you surely must include Low.

• Like 1

RGLT

Mars is my GOAT Bowie song.

• Like 1

I voted Pink Floyd. It's always like visiting an old friend who you never tire of.
  • Like 2

RGLT

Besides Space Oddity, you've certainly heard this. Co-written with John Lennon (sort of; inspired by at least), one of the coolest songs ever.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 3

RGLT

Besides Space Oddity, you've certainly heard this. Co-written with John Lennon (sort of; inspired by at least), one of the coolest songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_30HA7rec

and stone him if he isn't a hero, just for one day :cool:

• Like 1

So, after one day it is...

Rush - 6

David Bowie - 5

Thin Lizzy - 4

Ramones - 2

...actually surprised to see Rush in the lead and that The Who and Pink Floyd aren't in the running as of yet.

Lorraine...

I knew I could count on you for a vote for The Who!

As for how much music I have, I'm embarrassed to say that I've lost count a few years back

Between CD, Vinyl and Digital it is hard to keep track.

I just love music and really don't spend extra money on anything else.

Concerts, music, music DVDs, rock t shirts, memorabilia and books.

Rutlefan said earlier in this thread...

"It's always like visiting an old friend who you never tire of."

That is exactly how I feel about all of these artist's music.

• Like 1

Lorraine...

I knew I could count on you for a vote for The Who!

As for how much music I have, I'm embarrassed to say that I've lost count a few years back

Between CD, Vinyl and Digital it is hard to keep track.

I just love music and really don't spend extra money on anything else.

Concerts, music, music DVDs, rock t shirts, memorabilia and books.

Rutlefan said earlier in this thread...

"It's always like visiting an old friend who you never tire of."

That is exactly how I feel about all of these artist's music.

Music has done more for many of us than anyone will ever know. Visiting an old friend who you never tire of and who is always there for you. Always.

I completely understand your great love for music.

• Like 1

Segue, I think when you're just getting into an artist, your best bet is to find a consensus quality greatest hits package (because many artists have a few) and see how you feel about the stuff that "everybody" seems to like. Then, if you find you like all or most of it, you delve into individual studio albums. For Bowie you should try the 2 CD Best of Bowie.
  • Like 1

I was going to vote for The Who but I didn't. They came a long way from the little 45s I used to buy in the sixties.

By the way, ReGor, you appear to have a massive album collection. How many do you own?

I second that: I thought my several hundred albums was loads, but you seem to have THOUSANDS by one artist!

Segue, I think when you're just getting into an artist, your best bet is to find a consensus quality greatest hits package (because many artists have a few) and see how you feel about the stuff that "everybody" seems to like. Then, if you find you like all or most of it, you delve into individual studio albums. For Bowie you should try the 2 CD Best of Bowie.

I have a phobia of greatest hits packages...I want the full package dammit! Lol in this instance, I think this might actually be a good idea...

• Like 1