Drunk History on Comedy Central

ladirushfan80

I recently found this show while searching for something to watch on Hulu...

ended up watching all of the episodes hulu had in one sitting.... cracking up the whole time.

How did i not know this existed? It's been on You Tube for a while i guess as i was so informed by my 23 yr old...

omg... this shit is hilarious.

About

Drunk History is a weekly, half-hour series where historical reenactments by A-list talent are presented by inebriated storytellers.

Description
Drunk History is a weekly, half-hour series where historical reenactments by A-list talent are presented by inebriated storytellers. Based on the award-winning and wildly popular web series, the show follows the drunken and often incoherent narration of our nation's history. Host Derek Waters, along with an ever-changing cast of great actors and comedians, travels from town to town across the country, presenting the rich history that every city in this land, both great and small, has to offer. Booze helps bring out the truth of our nation's history. It's just that sometimes that truth involves hitting on airport bar janitors or eating cheese fries at 4 a.m.

And that's the thing i love about this show - the reenactments are what make it so funny.

here's a short clip ya'll can check out.

Take a look at how Patty Hearst(Kristen Wiig) was kidnapped and brainwashed by the Symbionese Liberation Army.

http://on.cc.com/QDxxPN

goddamn i can't believe no one has replied in this thread...

actually, i'm not surprised. i think i hold the record for threads started and threads dead with little or no replies..

so much love!

ok, not really...

anyway... i f***ing love this show. it cracks me up.

and i don't even drink (anymore) ! :LOL:

carry on you wayward sons & daughters...

:outtahere:

• Like 1

I've seen a couple of segments. They were somewhat entertaining. Of course, I was sober when I watched them. Maybe being drunk while watching would help?

:huh:

(Your second post here was funnier than what I've seen from the show.)

I don't get it. Do they get it wrong because they tell the story drunk? Are they actually drunk or pretending to be?

there was an interview i read with Derek Waters, who was one of the originators of the videos before Comedy Central turned into a show. He said the narrators do actually get drunk. they even have EMS on staff on site in case they get too f*cked up.

what i love is the way the actors act out the story as it is being told by the drunk narrator. that part is flippin hilarious! :LOL:

• Like 1

I don't get it. Do they get it wrong because they tell the story drunk? Are they actually drunk or pretending to be?

there was an interview i read with Derek Waters, who was one of the originators of the videos before Comedy Central turned into a show. He said the narrators do actually get drunk. they even have EMS on staff on site in case they get too f*cked up.

what i love is the way the actors act out the story as it is being told by the drunk narrator. that part is flippin hilarious! :LOL:

Hmmm. I'll check out an episode.

Hmmm. I'll check out an episode.

check out the early ones on YouTube first before going over toCC.

You can find season 1 of the CC on Hulu...

It is funny watching the actors mouth the words the narrator is saying.

• Like 2

I finally watched this tonight on Amazon Prime.

The first season. Great stuff. The Chicago / Al Capone episode had me dyin. The Boston episode was hilarious. I'm going to continue to watch.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1