And then there was a time Pete Townshend brought his Tele to the pub and annoyed local pool players...

H. P. L.

Gotta love Pete Townsend at his most homoerotic. You know sharing a stage with Daltrey must have been awkward.

That's one angle, but I've always preferred Pete's take that he wanted to confront the über-manliness of the rough boys with just an open salvo of homosexual innuendo. Anyway, it took him a lot of balls to write this song.

• Like 2

Very good song :clap: but the thread title :tsk: there's a huge difference between Pool and Snooker. :P :outtahere:

Gotta love Pete Townsend at his most homoerotic. You know sharing a stage with Daltrey must have been awkward.

That's one angle, but I've always preferred Pete's take that he wanted to confront the über-manliness of the rough boys with just an open salvo of homosexual innuendo. Anyway, it took him a lot of balls to write this song.

Read the lyrics again. He wants to buy them leather later in the song.

Very good song :clap: but the thread title :tsk: there's a huge difference between Pool and Snooker. :P :outtahere:

That does it. I think I'll go the Zumbi way now.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :givebeer:

• Like 2

Read the lyrics again. He wants to buy them leather later in the song.

I'd take a leather from Pete. Can I have it autographed?

I love pretty much anything Pete has ever done. He was a guitar god to me back before I even heard of Rush.
  • Like 4

If you google GENIUS, you'll see this picture...well, you should see it.

A genius is a person who displays exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of an unprecedented leap of insight. This may refer to a particular aspect of an individual, or the individual in his or her entirety; to a scholar in many subjects (e.g. Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, Marie Curie, or Leonardo da Vinci)[1] or a scholar in a single subject (e.g., Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin or Pete Townshend ). There is no scientifically precise definition of genius, and the question of whether the notion itself has any real meaning has long been a subject of debate.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/PeteTownshend1968_zps0adef68c.jpg

One of my fave Pete solo songs

http://youtu.be/aC-tIJ9cgIY

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

I'm simply mad about this song....

Always loved that video too!

• Like 1