Caress of Steel

k3no444

I wanted to know what everyone's view is of this album. I created a blog post about this album and have received a lot of positivity towards this album, which makes me relieved! I personally love this album, especially the last two songs. What do you guys think?

Check out my blog!

http://kenoalbumreviewer.blogspot.com/2014/07/rush-caress-of-steel.html?m=1

• Like 3

Their first masterpiece. One of the all time greatest rock albums.
  • Like 3

One of my favorites, and it can take a spot in my top 5. I think that it's one of their best albums.
  • Like 2

"Caress of Steel" is one of the BEST albums of ALL time by ANY band. THIS Is how you record a band...NO excessive reverb, drums that sound like they are in the room with you, perfect separation between the instruments, incredible dynamics, every tiny nuance and sound can be clearly heard on ANY system, and the intensity is just sheer ecstacy. THIS is how a record should sound. TAPE compression. NO digital reverb. NO drums that sound like snappy trebly non-distinct walls of mush. Bass that sounds as if the bass amp was built into your speakers. Guitar that rips your face off yet every note rings true. Just GREAT.

"No One at the Bridge" is one of Rush's BEST, and has Geddy EVER belted better than this album? He started losing his range and power during the 2112 tour, but here he was just balls-out nuts; every single lyric fits the music to a "T," and it is a progressive album in the TRUE sense of the word meaning VARIETY...that's why "I Think I'm Going Bald" fits so well; it actually reminds me of the Beatles' "White Album" in that regard; it's just all over the place which is GREAT!!! Progressive rock should NOT just mean long songs that ALWAYS go into some fast instrumental section (ala the sameness of Dream Theater); REAL progressive rock is about variety and throwing everything together with the amazing gift of making it WORK. This album gels together so well it could be used as Michael Jackson's afro-sheen when his hair caught fire for Pepsi. It doesn't smell as bad, but damn if this album doesn't b-u-r-n!!!

But again...the production!!! It's just pure sonic bliss. I would KILL to have bands record like this again...when the band sounded like it was in a ROOM with you, NOT in the back of a STADIUM drenched in a reverb-y wall of of mud!!!

Highlight: Geddy's voice on "Scream out desperation!!!" with that PERFECT fast wide vibrato that he abandoned later...

DEFINITELY a perfect album. It's unfathomable that this was the same band that recorded "Heresy" and "Bravado" years later...not to mention "Available Light" and "Half the World." Talk about sharting on your legacy with such crap!!!

But I digress..."Caress of Steel" is an exemplary example of the eternal REAL Rush; for without it, we would have NEVER gotten to hear "Face Up" or "High Water"...which is perhaps the ONLY bad thing about it. They did end up giving us "Neurotica" and "You Bet Your Life" afterall; hmmm...perhaps I'm on to something here. Could you imagine all the sh*tty songs Rush would have never been able to record had "Caress of Steel" made them lose their record deal??? Things that make you go hmmm...

BTW, Arsenio's cancelled again.

Yay!!!

• Like 2

I think Caress Of Steel and A Farewell To Kings are my two favourite Rush albums...of course, AFTK is always number one...
  • Like 1

"Caress of Steel" is one of the BEST albums of ALL time by ANY band. THIS Is how you record a band...NO excessive reverb, drums that sound like they are in the room with you, perfect separation between the instruments, incredible dynamics, every tiny nuance and sound can be clearly heard on ANY system, and the intensity is just sheer ecstacy. THIS is how a record should sound. TAPE compression. NO digital reverb. NO drums that sound like snappy trebly non-distinct walls of mush. Bass that sounds as if the bass amp was built into your speakers. Guitar that rips your face off yet every note rings true. Just GREAT.

"No One at the Bridge" is one of Rush's BEST, and has Geddy EVER belted better than this album? He started losing his range and power during the 2112 tour, but here he was just balls-out nuts; every single lyric fits the music to a "T," and it is a progressive album in the TRUE sense of the word meaning VARIETY...that's why "I Think I'm Going Bald" fits so well; it actually reminds me of the Beatles' "White Album" in that regard; it's just all over the place which is GREAT!!! Progressive rock should NOT just mean long songs that ALWAYS go into some fast instrumental section (ala the sameness of Dream Theater); REAL progressive rock is about variety and throwing everything together with the amazing gift of making it WORK. This album gels together so well it could be used as Michael Jackson's afro-sheen when his hair caught fire for Pepsi. It doesn't smell as bad, but damn if this album doesn't b-u-r-n!!!

But again...the production!!! It's just pure sonic bliss. I would KILL to have bands record like this again...when the band sounded like it was in a ROOM with you, NOT in the back of a STADIUM drenched in a reverb-y wall of of mud!!!

Highlight: Geddy's voice on "Scream out desperation!!!" with that PERFECT fast wide vibrato that he abandoned later...

DEFINITELY a perfect album. It's unfathomable that this was the same band that recorded "Heresy" and "Bravado" years later...not to mention "Available Light" and "Half the World." Talk about sharting on your legacy with such crap!!!

But I digress..."Caress of Steel" is an exemplary example of the eternal REAL Rush; for without it, we would have NEVER gotten to hear "Face Up" or "High Water"...which is perhaps the ONLY bad thing about it. They did end up giving us "Neurotica" and "You Bet Your Life" afterall; hmmm...perhaps I'm on to something here. Could you imagine all the sh*tty songs Rush would have never been able to record had "Caress of Steel" made them lose their record deal??? Things that make you go hmmm...

Yay!!!

I love Available Light...noticed that you really seem to hate on that one a lot!

Yay!!!

I knew Spaghetti had it in him.

• Like 1

Actually, it's possible that I do like Panacea, but for some reason I don't want to admit it to myself. What's wrong with me?

Actually, it's possible that I do like Panacea, but for some reason I don't want to admit it to myself. What's wrong with me?

You hang with the wrong crowd.

Maybe. You mean this crowd?

I love it,

Except I never listen to Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. After ATWAS which I had before COS. The live recording of those two songs blow the studio recording out of the water! :haz: :rush:

• Like 2

"Panacea" f*ckin' rocks. So does "Jim Bacchus Plateau"...

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/tve762-19650206-136.jpg

How does Panacea "rock"? To me it just sort of . . . drifts, or something.

Young man, have you no romance in your soul?

It's COS that's why. :D

Young man, have you no romance in your soul?

Absolutely. I'm the most romantic guy in my area code, guaranteed.

Rush's first truly great album. Every second of the entire album is absolute gold. I agree with Spaghetti whole heartedly, Geddy's vocals were absolutely prime! Listen to him f***ing belt it out in No One at the Bridge, f***ing incredible! Alex's solos are out of this world, especially the first one in the Necromancer and No one at the bridge. Neil's lyrics were starting to get really dope on this one as well, gorgeous lyrics on Fountain. Definitely Rush's best album to have a nice little toke sesh to :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: . Overall, definitely a top 10 album for me :haz: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

I love it,

Except I never listen to Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. After ATWAS which I had before COS. The live recording of those two songs blow the studio recording out of the water! :haz: :rush:

Amen brother. In The End is the same....
  • Like 3

I love it,

Amen brother. In The End is the same....

:LOL:

I knew you would post here backing me up. :haz: :7up: :rush:

• Like 1