TRF members as Rush Album Ambassadors

RushBoingo

Maybe we should consider a dozen or so ambassadors for the albums that take the most severe beatings around here?

Good idea. We'll be fine. Most of the bashers of Hemispheres have already been converted. :)

Or buried. :LOL:

:o

Speaking of Hemispheres' lovers, look who is here! :)

I would have volunteered to be the ambassador for Hemispheres, if it weren't for the first twenty minutes.

Aaaaaand that's why we have it. If you can't see the brilliance... I feel sorry for you. :(

• Like 1

Permanent Waves loves going to parties because it can hang with the 70's burn outs and the 80's cool kids. Signals doesn't get invited to parties unfortunately.

Permanent Waves loves going to parties because it can hang with the 70's burn outs and the 80's cool kids. Signals doesn't get invited to parties unfortunately.

Lorraine, forget what I said. Start swingin'! Heads will roll.

• Like 1

Rush Ambassadorial Rule Book, page 1:

1. No fightin'

2. No bitchin'

3. No pitchin' a fit

4. No pitchforks

5. No pitchin' woo

Page 2

If page 1 doesn't work, then this will :smash:

Damn. I forgot "no beatin' on people's heads with a mallet until their eyeball becomes all loose and weird"

• Like 1

Rush Ambassadorial Rule Book, page 1:

1. No fightin'

2. No bitchin'

3. No pitchin' a fit

4. No pitchforks

5. No pitchin' woo

Page 2

If page 1 doesn't work, then this will :smash:

Damn. I forgot "no beatin' on people's heads with a mallet until their eyeball becomes all loose and weird"

We have an alternative - a diet that works wonders. But some people prefer :smash: to the diet. :)

Edited by Lorraine

HEY! I started this thread long ago as a silly thing during the no tour/album drought, and for a long time, that was the case. But with the tour resurfacing, everyone is taking this super seriously. Whats with that. Anyway, my original intention was that people had to fight to be the ambassador by stating their case for why they are the biggest fan and the best person to explain to a non fan why the album rocks. Now sure, everyone can pick any album and join, but at that point this all turns into a suedo poll for favorite album
  • Like 1

HEY! I started this thread long ago as a silly thing during the no tour/album drought, and for a long time, that was the case. But with the tour resurfacing, everyone is taking this super seriously. Whats with that. Anyway, my original intention was that people had to fight to be the ambassador by stating their case for why they are the biggest fan and the best person to explain to a non fan why the album rocks. Now sure, everyone can pick any album and join, but at that point this all turns into a suedo poll for favorite album

Sorry, sir, may we see your invitation and ambassadorial credentials?

• Like 3

RTB isn't my favorite album, but I think that I could champion it to a non-fan like a mofo.

• Like 1

I guess I have to turn in my sword. Maybe I'll just save it and bring it with to the prom.

prom + sword = bad idea, both literally and metaphorically.

Again, take my above comment as a silly thing. I just find everything funny how this forum basically has two modes, active serious mode, and standby silly mode. And how a forum can take a big tone shift when that happens.

And to Toymaker, my invitation is the sponsored post at the top of this forum, and my credentials include owning two Vinyl copies of Power Windows (in addition to the CD). It's the one Rush album that will NEVER leave my IPod. I am the guy who wants Clockwork Angels Tour Round 3 just to hear more Power Windows material. I have the shirt for the album, and I have learned several synth lines, and analysed the hell out of the album to properly project its greatness onto others.

• Like 1

I guess I have to turn in my sword. Maybe I'll just save it and bring it with to the prom.

prom + sword = bad idea, both literally and metaphorically.

If things got dull, I thought it might be a good conversation piece.

Don't forget to stop by my Signals booth when you're there. I'm handing out key chains with red flashing lights on them. :)

• Like 2

Again, take my above comment as a silly thing. I just find everything funny how this forum basically has two modes, active serious mode, and standby silly mode. And how a forum can take a big tone shift when that happens.

And to Toymaker, my invitation is the sponsored post at the top of this forum, and my credentials include owning two Vinyl copies of Power Windows (in addition to the CD). It's the one Rush album that will NEVER leave my IPod. I am the guy who wants Clockwork Angels Tour Round 3 just to hear more Power Windows material. I have the shirt for the album, and I have learned several synth lines, and analysed the hell out of the album to properly project its greatness onto others.

Your credentials have been accepted. We were going to let you in anyway, since you rented the space.

• Like 1