TRF members as Rush Album Ambassadors

RushBoingo

p.s., how come I can write "fucky" and get away with it?

:unsure: :unsure:

So basically if you use the four-letter f bomb, or the gerund version (I'm not sure about the past participle), it will be automatically altered with asterixes, but if the f-word is used in a compound (e.g. bugfuck) or any other less usual form (as above), it won't get altered. I see other people finding ways around this censorship (Zumbi, for example, is pretty good at it).

I'm watching Exit...Stage Left right now. They're just finishing Tom Sawyer. I could cry at what they were. I'm sure they feel bad too when they watch their young selves with so much energy.

Eagle, you mentioned Alex's spirit being broken during the eighties. You might be right.

Yeah It really seemed like it at the time. His guitar tone got wimpy and thin, and he became a rhythm guitarist behind Geddy's lead bass playing.

Not so much the bass,

It was the keyboards and Alex went along with it. He disapproved of it over time and they got back to some basics as time went by. Thats why I love Rush! They push the limits of music/talent and could care less of what others expect from them. Its the way they have always been. They strive to get the most out of each other as a band.

Yeah the keyboards too. He felt like he had to find a place to fit in, and the keyboards took center stage. I think Alex is just too nice of a guy to really complain that much. He lets Geddy have the limelight.

• Like 1

Ambassador's rule book, page 3

8. No blasphemin'

9. No ageism

10. Seriously, no beatin' on people with a mallet until their eye gets all fucky.

This is what I think of your rule book. :bang bang:

The only thing that rules around here is Hemispheres! :smoke: :cool: :ebert: :clap: :Alex: :yes:

Ambassador's Rule Book, second edition:

1. Hemispheres rules

2. All other rules are found to be irrelevant as long as rule 1 is taken as given

2a) if rule one is not understood as given, non-believers may be subject to "adjustments," including but not limited to:

:smash: :bitchslap: :bang bang: :tsk: :poke:

• Like 2

There's nothing we can do about that. It happens to us all sooner or later - getting old.

Oh, I know, I'm aware of that. I'll consider myself lucky to get old. I consider myself lucky right now.

But this reminds me of another thread here not too long ago where someone was talking about how Rush needs to keep going until they're 70, or even longer. I don't suffer that delusion; I know it's going to be time, and that's as it should be. They should quit whenever they want to, and are completely entitled to do so.

Pop in ESL. At the very beginning, watch the bounce in the step of both Alex and Geddy as they are walking out to go on stage.

Fast forward to CA. Go to the end of the intermission. Watch Alex, Neil and Geddy walking through the halls to come back on stage.

I know what you're talking about...I don't think I'm going to do that, though.

Edited by Blue J

Ambassador's rule book, page 3

8. No blasphemin'

9. No ageism

10. Seriously, no beatin' on people with a mallet until their eye gets all fucky.

This is what I think of your rule book. :bang bang:

The only thing that rules around here is Hemispheres! :smoke: :cool: :ebert: :clap: :Alex: :yes:

Ambassador's Rule Book, second edition:

1. Hemispheres rules

2. All other rules are found to be irrelevant as long as rule 1 is taken as given

2a) if rule one is not understood as given, non-believers may be subject to "adjustments," including but not limited to:

:smash: :bitchslap: :bang bang: :tsk: :poke:

That about sums it up in a nutshell! :)

Not really. I have a bunch of outtakes from recording sessions. Without Alex, most of the songs die. Not all of them, but most.

Wouldn't that be the case with any of them? Take any one of them out of the equation and the songs die.

• Like 3

Attention all Rush Ambassadors. No more slacking. These are not ceremonial titles only. You have responsibilities. This is a call to employ the full stock of your diplomatic and impassioned rhetoric and sum up the qualities of the recorded music that you represent.

Red vinyl Hemispheres has all of the glory and majesty of the regular "black vinyl" Hemispheres, with the added bonus that when it spins on a turntable, it is hypnotizing. All that beautiful, beautiful red . . . just spinning, spinning, spinning. I have memory and awareness, but I have no shape or form . . .

. . . where am I?

• Like 1

Not really. I have a bunch of outtakes from recording sessions. Without Alex, most of the songs die. Not all of them, but most.

Wouldn't that be the case with any of them? Take any one of them out of the equation and the songs die.

I'm only giving my opinion. And I don't think so. I listened to versions of a song without drums, without bass, and without guitar. One of the few songs it doesn't seem to matter is Tom Sawyer.

Again, my opinion. It won't get anyone far. Not even me. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Attention all Rush Ambassadors. No more slacking. These are not ceremonial titles only. You have responsibilities. This is a call to employ the full stock of your diplomatic and impassioned rhetoric and sum up the qualities of the recorded music that you represent.

Red vinyl Hemispheres has all of the glory and majesty of the regular "black vinyl" Hemispheres, with the added bonus that when it spins on a turntable, it is hypnotizing. All that beautiful, beautiful red . . . just spinning, spinning, spinning. I have memory and awareness, but I have no shape or form . . .

. . . where am I?

I think a few of the ambassadors need to be replaced. They're slackers. You know - fair weather ambassadors.

So basically if you use the four-letter f bomb, or the gerund version (I'm not sure about the past participle), it will be automatically altered with asterixes, but if the f-word is used in a compound (e.g. bugfuck) or any other less usual form (as above), it won't get altered. I see other people finding ways around this censorship (Zumbi, for example, is pretty good at it).

I was under the impression this board was self-censoring? As in, the mods (and users) didn't want it to degrade to the point it sounded like a bunch of juvenile delinquents, but rather like a group of upstanding citizens *straightens top hat and adjusts monocle*

• Like 2

I was under the impression this board was self-censoring? As in, the mods (and users) didn't want it to degrade to the point it sounded like a bunch of juvenile delinquents, but rather like a group of upstanding citizens *straightens top hat and adjusts monocle*

This is just a censorship test: please don't be offended by the language (I just want to see what gets autocensored):

f**k

f***ing

f***ed

fucky

fuckbrain

bugfuck

unbefuckinglievable

This is just a censorship test: please don't be offended by the language (I just want to see what gets autocensored):

f**k

f***ing

f***ed

fucky

fuckbrain

bugfuck

unbefuckinglievable

You just like to use profanity. "Censorship test." Right! :sarcastic:

:LOL:

• Like 1

f**k

f***ing

f***ed

fucky

fuckbrain

bugfuck

unbefuckinglievable

You just like to use profanity. "Censorship test." Right! :sarcastic:

:LOL:

I do think some swear words are fun to say. I try not to use them in hurtful ways (e.g. "F--- you, you f---! F--- off and die" etc.). They are great for when you stub your toe, get your fingers caught in a door, and other things that hurt and don't hurt.

Whatever algorithm/program is being used to auto-bleep the swear words, though, is limited in its search, it seems. So, if I can write "bugfuck," which contains the offending word, I guess it doesn't make much difference if the word on its own is allowed. Shit. Dogshit. What's the diff?

edit: I guess shit is okay.

Edited by toymaker

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

Just out of curiosity, which artists is he partial to?

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

Just out of curiosity, which artists is he partial to?

He was never a great music lover like I was. I know he likes to listen to classical and spanish guitar music. Other than that, I cannot tell you. We don't discuss it.

. . . where am I?

We're ambassadors, not Rush Witnesses. We don't have to go around and knock on people's doors. The music does that for us. :D

• Like 2