TRF members as Rush Album Ambassadors

RushBoingo

Ambassador's rule book, page 3

8. No blasphemin'

9. No ageism

10. Seriously, no beatin' on people with a mallet until their eye gets all fucky.

p.s., how come I can write "fucky" and get away with it?

This is what I think of your rule book. :bang bang:

The only thing that rules around here is Hemispheres! :smoke: :cool: :ebert: :clap: :Alex: :yes:

What about Signals? :huh:

I think a three day 24/7 seminar is in order in the art of being a Rush ambassador. :yes:

I dont have time for that shit, I'm too busy listening to Hemispheres trying to figure out what the hell people think is so go aboot it.

• Like 1

I think a three day 24/7 seminar is in order in the art of being a Rush ambassador. :yes:

I dont have time for that shit, I'm too busy listening to Hemispheres trying to figure out what the hell people think is so go aboot it.

Are you Canadian, eh?

We have a problem. The ambassadors are too laid back and lethargic in their ambassadorshipping.

If it involves continuous listening to the album for which I am an ambassador, then I'm definitely in.

• Like 1

Oh, and I forgot to say...

:o :o :o :o :o

:wacko:

I think you're just messing with us. Again.

Are you Canadian, eh?

I go aboot using the word aboot here at TRF to bond with the band's home nation and its fine citizens.

• Like 1

Where are the Hemisphere ambassadors?

One is defending ATWAS and young Geddy's voice on another thread. The red vinyl ambassador is never around when you need him. And the other one is a fly by night.

Don't pay Mr. Rogers any mind. He's, well, you know. . . :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Rush - Your Lion

Fly By Night - LABT

Caress of Steel - BigBobby

ATWAS - Narps and Troutman

2112 - Syrinx, Geddylennon

A Farewell To Kings - Entre Perpetuo

Hemispheres - EagleMoon and KennyLee

Hemispheres - Toymaker (Red Vinyl Ambassador)

Permanent Waves - Dr. Sheldon Cooper, John Rogers

Moving Pictures - Disk98

Signals - Lorraine

Grace Under Pressure- Van Squalen

Power Windows- RushBoingo

Hold Your Fire - Blue J and Geddy's Soul Patch

A Show of Hands- RushBoingo

Presto - Mick and Segue

Roll The Bones - Led Rush (watch out for this guy)

Counterparts - 2112FirstStreet

Test For Echo- Digital Dad

Vapor Trails- x1yyz

Snakes & Arrows - BowlCity

Clockwork Angels - Canadianice

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ****Emotion Detector is available to be the co-ambassador for the following: Power Windows, Counterparts, Snakes & Arrows, Caress of Steel, Grace Under Pressure****

If you have to "figure it out" then I guess there's just no helpin' you. Do you not hear that bass? Do you not hear that drumming? Do you not hear that guitar playing? Do you not hear that singing? Did you put beans in your ears when you were younger even when you were told not to? Did those beans get stuck in there? You know what's so "go aboot" Hemispheres? F***ING EVERYTHING, MAN!

If any other ambassadors would like to weigh in, please do so.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 5

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.
  • Like 6

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.

So . . . our jobs as ambassadors do not entail trying to force people to like what we like? It's purely defensive? Where's the fun in that?

• Like 1

I'm watching Exit...Stage Left right now. They're just finishing Tom Sawyer. I could cry at what they were. I'm sure they feel bad too when they watch their young selves with so much energy.

Eagle, you mentioned Alex's spirit being broken during the eighties. You might be right.

Edited by Lorraine

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

• Like 1

I'm watching Exit...Stage Left right now. They're just finishing Tom Sawyer. I could cry at what they were. I'm sure they feel bad too when they watch their young selves with so much energy.

Eagle, you mentioned Alex's spirit being broken during the eighties. You might be right.

Yeah It really seemed like it at the time. His guitar tone got wimpy and thin, and he became a rhythm guitarist behind Geddy's lead bass playing.

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

My sister is the same way. I don't know if maybe you have to be in a particular place and time in your life to really "get" Rush, kind of like with certain books and movies? It's like some people just understand what they're all about and others just shake their heads and don't understand.

Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music.

Absolutely.

This is why I'm having a hard time finding the words (or even nailing down all the thoughts and emotions I have), with regard to their retirement. Whether it's at the end if this year or some other time, it isn't going to be too much longer.

But we'll always have the music.

• Like 3

Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music.

Absolutely.

This is why I'm having a hard time finding the words (or even nailing down all the thoughts and emotions I have), with regard to their retirement. Whether it's at the end if this year or some other time, it isn't going to be too much longer.

But we'll always have the music.

There's nothing we can do about that. It happens to us all sooner or later - getting old.

Pop in ESL. At the very beginning, watch the bounce in the step of both Alex and Geedy as they are walking out to go on stage.

Fast forward to CA. Go to the end of the intermission. Watch Alex, Neil and Geddy walking through the halls to come back on stage.

Edited by Lorraine

Yeah It really seemed like it at the time. His guitar tone got wimpy and thin, and he became a rhythm guitarist behind Geddy's lead bass playing.

Not so much the bass,

It was the keyboards and Alex went along with it. He disapproved of it over time and they got back to some basics as time went by. Thats why I love Rush! They push the limits of music/talent and could care less of what others expect from them. Its the way they have always been. They strive to get the most out of each other as a band.

• Like 3