TRF members as Rush Album Ambassadors

RushBoingo

And I'm one of those madmen who actually enjoys the album (well, the first 8 songs anyway) so it's perfect for me!

That actually describes plenty of members here. Find someone who likes the finishing two songs and you have something exceptional ;)

I think its urban legend but I have heard tales that such folks indeed do exist..... :)

I like Tai Shan...:unsure:

And I'm one of those madmen who actually enjoys the album (well, the first 8 songs anyway) so it's perfect for me!

That actually describes plenty of members here. Find someone who likes the finishing two songs and you have something exceptional ;)

I think its urban legend but I have heard tales that such folks indeed do exist..... :)

I refer to them as liars :LOL:

I'm still holding Hold Your Fire by the way.

If not that than Grace Under Pressure, as all the albums I like more than them are going to be war zones.

You won't have any problem with HYF. Well played my friend....

You don't even like the whole album?!? That's preposterous! You don't deserve the honor!

Give me Presto. That poor album.....it's awesome though.

Mick

Seems we are co-ambassadors then. Surprise surprise!

Count me in for Team Presto, as well. I can be the Associate Director Involving Devout Appreciation of Scars (ADIDAS).

If not that than Grace Under Pressure, as all the albums I like more than them are going to be war zones.

You don't even like the whole album?!? That's preposterous! You don't deserve the honor!

^ agreed.

As the ambassador of an album, you must be able to defend each song with your life. That excludes me from each album but Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Grace Under Pressure.

I'm sure all three of those albums could be protected by more knowledgeable members here.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

^ agreed.

As the ambassador of an album, you must be able to defend each song with your life. That excludes me from each album but Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Grace Under Pressure.

I'm sure all three of those albums could be protected by more knowledgeable members here.

I adore the entirety of HYF, I must be ambassador. Decreed by Kubla Khan!
  • Like 1

AFTK is one of my favorites too, along Hemispheres and MP. There aren't really any clunkers on there, and 3 of my favorite Rush songs of all time are on the album (Xanadu, Cyg, Cinderella Man). The reason I didn't pick it was because there was bound to be a whole mob trying to claim it as their own... So I sit here content with HYF. :)

What mob?

*crickets*

Just me! :D

So far.

Not even Segue or Narpski went for it. I think I've got AFTK all to myself.

As much as I love AFTK, I went for Presto has that album needs some lovin'

Wow, a lot more of TRF than I expected claimed Presto... which I consider a good thing :D-13:

Show Don't Tell was the song that introduced me to Rush and Presto was my first :rush: album. I loved Superconductor from the first listen and I'll also tell you to check out Alex's guitar on the fade of Hand Over Fist and the "African" swerve of Scars gets me every time. :7up:

I notice no one has yet committed the heresy of stumping for RTB. I guess we just can't face up to that challenge :outtahere:

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay
  • Like 1

Wow, a lot more of TRF than I expected claimed Presto... which I consider a good thing :D-13:

Show Don't Tell was the song that introduced me to Rush and Presto was my first :rush: album. I loved Superconductor from the first listen and I'll also tell you to check out Alex's guitar on the fade of Hand Over Fist and the "African" swerve of Scars gets me every time. :7up:

I notice no one has yet committed the heresy of stumping for RTB. I guess we just can't face up to that challenge :outtahere:

I will now proclaim that Presto is a top five firm favourite. I prefer it to Hemispheres now. I swear, even Superconductor has some amazing moments, replaying the album last night took it from great to MP-level Great! Seriously...Presto is a masterpiece of pop songwriting! Truly proves they can achieve greatness whatever genre they put before themselves. Just a shame they overegged the pudding with Roll The Bones. That would have made a fantastic EP.

• Like 1

I can.

I will now proclaim that Presto is a top five firm favourite. I prefer it to Hemispheres now. I swear, even Superconductor has some amazing moments, replaying the album last night took it from great to MP-level Great! Seriously...Presto is a masterpiece of pop songwriting!

It's true that Presto is better than Hemispheres, but it isn't as good as other great albums like Snakes & Arrows, Hold Your Fire, and Test for Echo, and it certainly isn't at MP's level or CoS's level.

Speaking of TfE, I'll be one of its defenders or "ambassadors" or whatever.

Ummm, sorry to put it out there, but I'm pretty sure I called for CA before you Tombstone, and I also called for Hemispheres before EagleMoon? Can I at least be like co-ambassador to one of you guys, or something like that?

No problemo...all about sharing the load

Well then I look forward to being a co-ambassador with you on CA

• Like 1

AFTK is one of my favorites too, along Hemispheres and MP. There aren't really any clunkers on there, and 3 of my favorite Rush songs of all time are on the album (Xanadu, Cyg, Cinderella Man). The reason I didn't pick it was because there was bound to be a whole mob trying to claim it as their own... So I sit here content with HYF. :)

What mob?

*crickets*

Just me! :D

So far.

Not even Segue or Narpski went for it. I think I've got AFTK all to myself.

What about Lorraine? You know she wants it. At the very least Xanadu.

She wanted Exit...Stage Left more apparently, so still just me :)

I took Exit...Stage Left for a few reasons, not the least of which is the splendid rendition of Xanadu they did. I think that was one of the last times they ever did the entire song in concert.

Ummm, sorry to put it out there, but I'm pretty sure I called for CA before you Tombstone, and I also called for Hemispheres before EagleMoon? Can I at least be like co-ambassador to one of you guys, or something like that?

You can be the captain. I'll draw the chart.

I guess that means I'm Gilligan.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha. I'm good with being the underdog here. You lead and I'll follow

Cool. Here goes.

Clockwork Angels is the best thing since...sliced bread.

Rush has never so thoroughly, so forcefully, kicked that much ass.

• Like 3

It's sonically awesome, having been masterfully mastered by Nick Raskuellnics (I know I probablyy spelt that wrong, forgive me Nick), and, following Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows, doesn't disappoint. This is Rush's first full concept album, differing from 2112 and Hemispheres as they only had one epic song on the first side. Words cannot describe the intensity and excellence of this album, and Neil Leart's lyrics have never been better. This is truly an album for the ages!

How's that?

• Like 3

It's sonically awesome, having been masterfully mastered by Nick Raskuellnics (I know I probablyy spelt that wrong, forgive me Nick), and, following Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows, doesn't disappoint. This is Rush's first full concept album, differing from 2112 and Hemispheres as they only had one epic song on the first side. Words cannot describe the intensity and excellence of this album, and Neil Leart's lyrics have never been better. This is truly an album for the ages!

How's that?

Excellent. I feel like I've found my brutha from anutha mutha.

What really blows mind is how it packs great song after song. We got 5 all-timers on this thing. They even got a song that isn't a song—and that one still kicks ass. Man I hope they keep Nick. He knowz wuz up!

This album makes all the 70's stuff look like childs play.

When I hit 60, I wanna be that amazing.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

How's that?

What really blows mind is how it packs great song after song. We got 5 all-timers on this thing. They even got a song that isn't a song—and that one still kicks ass. Man I hope they keep Nick. He knowz wuz up!

If this is what this is gonna be like, I see that this is gonna be FUN!

How's that?

I LOVE CA!

But I disagree about it being better than the seventies...

• Like 1

We are the champions my friend

And we'll keep on fighting til the end

We are the champions, we are the champions

No time for losers, cos we are the champions

Of the world

• Like 2