Ungrateful Friends

Boots

I think someone is lucky enough just to find one, let alone four or five. Four or five is a goldmine.

Agreed. I don't have even one. All my "friends" turned out to be co-workers. Now I am left with nothing....

Mine died thirty-four years ago. Never found another.

Sorry for your loss.
  • Like 1

I think someone is lucky enough just to find one, let alone four or five. Four or five is a goldmine.

Agreed. I don't have even one. All my "friends" turned out to be co-workers. Now I am left with nothing....

Don't discount online friends!

Also, don't give up hope. You both sound like wonderful people, and of course you have fantastic taste in music. Surely there must be someone geographically near you who could turn into a good friend.

• Like 1

Also, don't give up hope. You both sound like wonderful people, and of course you have fantastic taste in music. Surely there must be someone geographically near you who could turn into a good friend.

We are that..... :D
  • Like 2

:hug2:

• Like 1

Indeed! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 3

To be honest, I am starting to get worried about him. Might have to send out an amber alert or an APB.

In the meantime, I am going to a Shania Twain concert.

Edited by Boots

Alright,

It's time for a spread of Corn Dogs & beers all around!!! :dweez: :sundog: :hail: :D

• Like 2

Alright,

It's time for a spread of Corn Dogs & beers all around!!! :dweez: :sundog: :hail: :D

Hold the corn for me please. :codger: I will have a bun, chili, cheese, mustard and a few diced onions on my dog. If not, then I will have sauerkraut and mustard..... :)
  • Like 1

Alright,

Hold the corn for me please. :codger: I will have a bun, chili, cheese, mustard and a few diced onions on my dog. If not, then I will have sauerkraut and mustard..... :)

I'll take the corn dog, but can I have soda instead of the beer? If you don't have soda, water will be fine. Thank you.

• Like 1

Alright,

Ok fine,

Here are a few for you. :hotdog: :hotdog: :hotdog: My special chili that I just made. :D Had a couple of chili dogs earlier. :cool:

Alright,

I'll take the corn dog, but can I have soda instead of the beer? If you don't have soda, water will be fine. Thank you.

Sure. Here ya go..... :d13:

Alright,

Fine,

Beer for me and soda/water for you. Or would you prefer a root beer float? :drool:

Alright,

Fine,

Beer for me and soda/water for you. Or would you prefer a root beer float? :drool:

I don't want to be an ungrateful friend so, since you are offering, I'll take the root beer float? Do you happen to keep Tums handy? :LOL:

• Like 1

Alright,

Fine,

I don't want to be an ungrateful friend so, since you are offering, I'll take the root beer float? Do you happen to keep Tums handy? :LOL:

:LOL:

Well,

Only for a backup. I have my medicine to deal with that. :P

I ran into 2 of his acquaintances. I didn’t know them. They put me through the third degree and gave me a really hard time just for being there.

Next time you encounter these two D-bags, have your Taser with you.....and USE it..... ;)

Finding real friends used to be fairly easy. Not in today's world. So much narcissism, self-centeredness, and eroding social skills.......good people such as yourself are an endangered species. :o

What's wrong with this? And, I'd argue that one gives to make oneself feel better. Also, isn't the OP being self-centered for expecting a thank you card? Of course she is, and that is why she gave in the first place, and I don't see anything wrong with that. No one has friends for altruistic purposes. They have friends to make themselves happy. Hopefully, the friendship is reciprocal, and both parties are happier having friendship with one another.

I'd also argue that if you're looking for virtuous people to be friends with, you'll only find 4 or 5 of those in this entire life.

I would consider myself very lucky, I have a significantly more than 4 or 5 of those people in my life. I think you are being a bit cynical. I have seen way too much good in people in my life. To me, love is wanting what is best for another person. If you are wanting something in return for your deed, that is not necessarily bad, but its not really loving, its more reciprocal like you said.

it's conditional love, not unconditional love...

one of my favourite SAYIN's is:

Plant an expectation, Reap a disappointment.

your disappointment with someone for having not lived up to what you were expecting has nothing to do with them, and everything to do with you.

Call or txt the friend so you know that the gift was received. Be done.

Feel good within yourself for having done something nice and be done.

another good sayin' is:

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want, doesn't mean he doesn't love you with everything he has.

It's not self-centred to expect a thank you once in a while. If you think it is, then there's something wrong with YOU.

I am done looking at this thread. These trolls are only bringing me down and ruining my day.

Not sure who this comment is directed at... no bother. i'll try to explain where i'm coming from further. but no where in my previous post did i say anything about being self centered. All i was trying to convey is that when a persons actions come with any kind of expectation, and the expectation is then not fulfilled, you are then disappointed. those feelings are yours and yours alone. you control those. Not the actions (or lack thereof) of other individuals.

you can avoid said disappointment by not expecting anything from a person when performing any kind of action. Give of yourself freely - out of love, care, concern for humankind, and be content or at peace with yourself that you are a person with integrity, compassion & empathy.

and for the record, i am far from a troll.. i am an (almost) 10 year veteran of this board.

• Like 2

Not sure who this comment is directed at... no bother. i'll try to explain where i'm coming from further. but no where in my previous post did i say anything about being self centered. All i was trying to convey is that when a persons actions come with any kind of expectation, and the expectation is then not fulfilled, you are then disappointed. those feelings are yours and yours alone. you control those. Not the actions (or lack thereof) of other individuals.

you can avoid said disappointment by not expecting anything from a person when performing any kind of action. Give of yourself freely - out of love, care, concern for humankind, and be content or at peace with yourself that you are a person with integrity, compassion & empathy.

and for the record, i am far from a troll.. i am an (almost) 10 year veteran of this board.

I'm pretty sure Boots was referring to someone a little further up.

I am still sort of new to this but when I asked months ago the definition of "troll" (because I heard it so many times) I must have been misinformed. I see nothing in this thread that meets the description I was given..... :sigh:

I am still sort of new to this but when I asked months ago the definition of "troll" (because I heard it so many times) I must have been misinformed. I see nothing in this thread that meets the description I was given..... :sigh:

There are different types of trolls.

Oh. I honestly didn't know. If you care to educate, I would be more than happy to listen. If not, that's ok too....

Oh. I honestly didn't know. If you care to educate, I would be more than happy to listen. If not, that's ok too....

Here's a little video.

Here's a little video.

:blink: