Paul McCartney - Early Days

The Cat 3

Great new video from Macca...

“The idea was inspired by the chance meeting in 1957 that would change Paul, John, George, and Ringo's lives forever,” explains L.A. director Vincent Haycock. The proposal Vincent wrote for ‘Early Days’ simply begins, “This film is a poetic homage to the legendary beginnings of Paul McCartney and John Lennon’s relationship.”

Shot between L.A., Natchez, Mississippi and Faraday, Louisiana, Vincent spent almost a month in total working on the video.

Paul recorded his parts in L.A. over two days and the story unfolds around an intimate performance with just him and an acoustic guitar. By the end of the video Paul is playing with a group of blues guitarists, including his friend Johnny Depp. Johnny, no stranger to a McCartney video and an accomplished guitar player too, stopped by on the day for a jam.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

5 in the morning, Macca singing the blues, what else should make my day! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:
  • Like 1

Just coming towards of the end of Tune In , The Beatles by Mark Lewishon and it`s the finest book ever written about the Beatles and it`s only Vol 1.

Gives you the real story of John , Paul , George and Ringo in those Early days . :)

Edited by By Tor
  • Like 1

Very well done. :ebert: A nice homage to their early days and a touching reference to John. :(
  • Like 1

I really enjoy his latest album...and this video.

I agree. His latest album is wonderful - his best in years, I think.

Sir Paul :notworthy:

• Like 1

Hey CG. Hope all has been well with you.

I like New too, but I think McCartney has actually been on a roll with solo albums since the late 90s and Flaming Pie to be honest.

• Like 1

I like New too, but I think McCartney has actually been on a roll with solo albums since the late 90s and Flaming Pie to be honest.

Hey Rick :) :hi:

Yes, I liked The Fireman quite a bit but his latest reminds me more of his 70s material (my favorite McCartney solo era).

Things are well and summer's been good - could the weather be any better? Off to Maine for a two week vacation in about ten days :yay:

You?

• Like 1

Hey Rick :) :hi:

Yes, I liked The Fireman quite a bit but his latest reminds me more of his 70s material (my favorite McCartney solo era).

Things are well and summer's been good - could the weather be any better? Off to Maine for a two week vacation in about ten days :yay:

You?

I was in Maine the week after July 4th. Enjoy yourself. But you're right about the weather. It has been an amazing summer.

My favorite McCartney solo album by far is Tug of War. After that, maybe Flowers in the Dirt.

• Like 1

5 in the morning...

strange that it happens again, but NEW is brilliant.

I don't believe in Zimmerman... :smoke:

Bob Dylan on Paul McCartney:

"I'm in awe of McCartney. He's about the only one that I am in awe of. He can do it all. And he's never let up. He's got the gift for melody, he's got the rhythm, he can play any instrument. He can scream and shout as good as anybody, and he can sing a ballad as good as anybody. And his melodies are effortless, that's what you have to be in awe of. . . . He's just so damn effortless. I just wish he'd quit."

Link: http://www.rollingst...20110511?page=5

• Like 3

"I'm in awe of McCartney. He's about the only one that I am in awe of. He can do it all. And he's never let up. He's got the gift for melody, he's got the rhythm, he can play any instrument. He can scream and shout as good as anybody, and he can sing a ballad as good as anybody. And his melodies are effortless, that's what you have to be in awe of. . . . He's just so damn effortless. I just wish he'd quit."

The interviewer was annoying as hell

The interviewer was annoying as hell

Take a deep breath and let it go! ;)