Tour beginning in three months?

traeplien

So it does look like they definitely will be busy next year aka touring. For those of you who don't know, Gump (Neil's drum tech) tweeted about him working with Steely Dan and said that next year he'd still be working with NP... Take a look!!! https://twitter.com/...975192435625984

Well that sounds pretty concrete!

:dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:

Edited by losingit2k

Personally, I'd rather they just tour without any new stuff. this way they can include all of my favorites in their set list. I will have only one chance to see them in my life. Unless my ship comes in.

How do you know that their new stuff might not become a favorite. I know most of Clockwork Angels has hit my favorite RUSH Section now.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the least if they did absolutely nothing from CA the next tour. Not that I dislike the album, but because there are songs that mean a lot to me that I'd rather have them do rather than waste time on CA stuff. Again, just my opinion. I never "bonded" with CA.

We need AT LEAST half the album.

I hope that's a joke

I think half the album's too much. Maybe 2 or 3 songs. Definitely Headlong Flight, and perhaps Caravan and the title track.

And The Anarchist, and Carnies! I LOVE that album!

I love the way those two run into each other. Pure magic. I hope they always play them back to back!

:codger:

• Like 1

Personally, I'd rather they just tour without any new stuff. this way they can include all of my favorites in their set list. I will have only one chance to see them in my life. Unless my ship comes in.

How do you know that their new stuff might not become a favorite. I know most of Clockwork Angels has hit my favorite RUSH Section now.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the least if they did absolutely nothing from CA the next tour. Not that I dislike the album, but because there are songs that mean a lot to me that I'd rather have them do rather than waste time on CA stuff. Again, just my opinion. I never "bonded" with CA.

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I want mostly The Anarchist and Carnies again, and would love Headlong Flight and The Garden. Caravan and BU2B would be good to hear also, maybe the title track.

• Like 2

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I want mostly The Anarchist and Carnies again, and would love Headlong Flight and The Garden. Caravan and BU2B would be good to hear also, maybe the title track.

I bet we'll get the title track, Headlong Flight, and The Garden. Maybe BU2B since they didn't play it last tour
  • Like 2

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I bet we'll get the title track, Headlong Flight, and The Garden. Maybe BU2B since they didn't play it last tour

Most likely, but I think they will probably also do at least The Anarchist. That song is just perfect, as well as Headlong Flight.

• Like 1

I only want two songs from Clockwork Angels.

BU2B2

and

The Garden

and then they can instead play lots of songs from Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails!

If I have the runs that night then that will work.... :)
  • Like 1

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

Most likely, but I think they will probably also do at least The Anarchist. That song is just perfect, as well as Headlong Flight.

I think Caravan, The Anarchist, and Headlong Flight are all we are going to get next tour. I don't think they would bother playing The Garden without a string section.

• Like 2

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

I'd be happy with that.

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Would suffice!

Probably not. Caravan and Headlong Flight are pretty much given. The Garden or The Anarchist maybe… :sigh: Shame, though—CA rocks!

• Like 1

Yeah, all good points but any news other than the unthinkable (retirement, long hiatus, etc) is good news. I am hoping they bypass doing a new album and concentrate on the setlist which needs to be totally revamped imo.

It will most likely not be a full album but an "Extended EP"

Something along the lines of 3-6 new songs they can showcase on the upcoming tour.

I would like Rush to release an EP. Releasing 2 songs for the Time Machine Tour was underwhelming, and led to a big wait for the album proper. I'd say releasing a "half album" would make for great new listening, and solid new tour material! It's not like too many people want to hear all of a new album on tour anyway - (Any big fans of the 9 or so S&A songs played during that tour?)

Yeah, all good points but any news other than the unthinkable (retirement, long hiatus, etc) is good news. I am hoping they bypass doing a new album and concentrate on the setlist which needs to be totally revamped imo.

It will most likely not be a full album but an "Extended EP"

Something along the lines of 3-6 new songs they can showcase on the upcoming tour.

I would like Rush to release an EP. Releasing 2 songs for the Time Machine Tour was underwhelming, and led to a big wait for the album proper. I'd say releasing a "half album" would make for great new listening, and solid new tour material! It's not like too many people want to hear all of a new album on tour anyway - (Any big fans of the 9 or so S&A songs played during that tour?)

Honestly at this point I would be happy to get whatever we get. I would love to hear some new stuff but I think an entire album would be too much, though I wouldn't be surprised if they do release one or two new songs.

I'm still not convinced Peart wants to tour again. In fact, I think they would be starting a tour this fall, but Peart won't do it.

The dates will coincide with decent motorcycling weather i.e.spring.

This is decent motorcycling weather north of the 45th parallel.

If you're going to a concert and if you can't hold it until after the concert... Then you shouldn't go. Doesn't matter what song it is, you may not like it but grow up and sit the hell down if you don't like if.

I only want two songs from Clockwork Angels.

BU2B2

and

The Garden

and then they can instead play lots of songs from Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails!

TROLL!! Burn him at the stake!! Lol

Kidding Zumbi! (..What's a Zumbi?)

• Like 1