KXM with Dug Pinnick and George Lynch

Rushman14

I haven't bought the first one yet. It's on my radar, just looking for a good source. Can anyone confirm if the copies of their first album on Amazon are the remixed version?

https://www.amazon.c...m/dp/B00I7YGVNG

Just make sure the record label is Ear Music.

The import is also a soft cover. Not positive, but I'm guessing the original US is a jewel case.

I haven't bought the first one yet. It's on my radar, just looking for a good source. Can anyone confirm if the copies of their first album on Amazon are the remixed version?

Just to be clear. Are you looking for a physical copy or mp3? The actual euro copy cd I bought was off eBay so that's what I'm familiar with You want to make sure "UK" or "Import" is in the title description.

I prefer CD, but would settle for FLAC (which most services don't offer). I refuse to pay $10 for a MP3 album. :P

I was mostly wondering how to tell it was the remixed version. Are you saying the import is 100% guaranteed to be the remix?

If it's an import...100%

• Like 1

The import is also a soft cover. Not positive, but I'm guessing the original US is a jewel case.

It looks like it yeah.

If it's an import...100%

Awesome thanks, I'll begin the hunt. The amazon listing is Rat Pack records or something, so likely not the remix (and nothing mentioned in the couple more recent reviews).

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Bought the new album. I went with the autograph cd cover bundle $29 w/ship...nice that they take Paypal. Hope it gets to me on release day.

ratpakrecords.com

Edited by rocket ignites
  • Like 1

Circle of Dolls just arrived. Signed with some extra stuff (pick, stickers). Came at a perfect time, been immersed in the new Big Wreck album (which I'm thoroughly enjoying), so I can turn my attention to KXM until the new Opeth drops. :)
  • Like 2

Circle of Dolls just arrived. Signed with some extra stuff (pick, stickers). Came at a perfect time, been immersed in the new Big Wreck album (which I'm thoroughly enjoying), so I can turn my attention to KXM until the new Opeth drops. :)

I'm waiting for mine. Did it arrive by regular mail? UPS? Fed ex? Never got a shipping or tracking notice, which is rare these days. I ordered the same package deal you did.

I'm waiting for mine. Did it arrive by regular mail? UPS? Fed ex? Never got a shipping or tracking notice, which is rare these days. I ordered the same package deal you did.

USPS

I was surprised, I wasn't exactly sure when I was going to get it.

So far mixed feelings on the music. It's going to take a few more spins to sink in.

Then after Opeth, I'll be digging into KXM's first album which I've only heard a few tracks from Youtube.

Edited by stoopid

USPS

I was surprised, I wasn't exactly sure when I was going to get it.

So far mixed feelings on the music. It's going to take a few more spins to sink in.

Then after Opeth, I'll be digging into KXM's first album which I've only heard a few tracks from Youtube.

They released a video for the song "Time Flies" on youtube a few days ago. So far, with the three songs I've heard so far...I'm not overly impressed. I have my hopes high because Lynch states it's the best album they've done! Hell, no way they're reaching Scatterbrain status, but I just want them to keep making music and hopefully do some live shows someday

Edited by rocket ignites

There's a bit more variety in styles on this one. It's growing on me, but I also doubt it will rank higher than Scatterbrain. But I am liking it the more times I listen. I think Dougs vocal harmonies, when he uses them, get monotonous and I think there might be a better way to get those notes into the music than him basically humming in the background. Later Rush also got criticized for similar backing vocal use, instead of say keyboard parts.
  • Like 1

There's a bit more variety in styles on this one. It's growing on me, but I also doubt it will rank higher than Scatterbrain. But I am liking it the more times I listen. I think Dougs vocal harmonies, when he uses them, get monotonous and I think there might be a better way to get those notes into the music than him basically humming in the background. Later Rush also got criticized for similar backing vocal use, instead of say keyboard parts.

Got my copy today. Now I need to make time to give it a proper listen. :D :haz:

Fully caught up, and JUST in time - Opeth has arrived. :)

The new album (Circle of Dolls) is good. There's a healthy mix of style and a couple standout tracks. I'll return to it in the near distant future for some more earbud/headphone time to really absorb properly (so far have only listened in the car, and I know from past experience sitting with full attention to the music is required for full appreciation).

Their first, self titled album, is a lot of fun. That funky instrumental at the end is great. "Stars" is a really good track but there are several ("Faith is a room" is another that comes to mind). Really solid debut album. I'd put it right behind Scatterbrain on my favorites list. Circle of Dolls is likely to remain third of the three, but that's by no means a bad measure - it's just a reflection of how good the other two are.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

The new one hasn't grabbed me like the other 2 did. The earlier records had some serious hooks vocally. Not feeling that with this one- the melodies meander a lot more.

The production has a sameness too, where the record sounds just like the other ones - the drums have this loud compressed sound that gets annoying. The snare is mixed to sound like this blob of loud white noise.

• Like 2

It's still too fresh to my ears (need a headphones listen), but I've given the new KXM a couple of spins so far. I'd say I'm also in the "needs to grow on me" category. Safe to say it will rank 3rd for me no matter what, but that's perfectly fine! I agree that the first two albums were so hook/melody heavy...I find that missing a bit here. So far, I'm drawn to songs like the title track and "Twice", but I can imagine some others grabbing me soon. It feels like I'm digging awesome guitar sections and drum parts more than songs as a whole.

Scatterbrain - 9.5/10

KXM - 8.8/10

Circle of Dolls - 7/10 at this moment

• Like 1

Okay, sure. And now back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Dokken related. I think it's pretty epic. Ya gotta love old school wrestling like I do to appreciate I guess.

• Like 1