watchmojo.com's Countdown for Top 10 Rush songs

yyz211282

I don't know if this was already posted or not :16ton: but if it wasn't, here it is :D

Here's the skinny. watchmojo.com is the world's #1 top 10 site. And a couple days ago, they made a Rush top 10 list. I honestly think it could've been better, but it is what it is. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Well, I'm happy that both The Big Money and Marathon got a nod
  • Like 2

What is the top ten?

Too lazy to watch the vid...but The Big Money AND Marathon?

It has my nod of approval, definitely.

Well, I'm happy that both The Big Money and Marathon got a nod

Too bad Marathon got only an honorable mention, though. That song should be up there with other sports tunes like John Fogerty's "Centerfield".

WatchMojo loves to geek pander, but for this I'm glad. I just wish they hadn't said that Red Barchetta was on PeW. :eyeroll:

I listened and they really didn't say that. She said "building on the radio friendly pew album..." It was awkwardly worded but she was referring to how pm continued on where pew left off.

• Like 1

WatchMojo loves to geek pander, but for this I'm glad. I just wish they hadn't said that Red Barchetta was on PeW. :eyeroll:

I listened and they really didn't say that. She said "building on the radio friendly pew album..." It was awkwardly worded but she was referring to how pm continued on where pew left off.

should have said towards* then.. not on.

watchmojo sucks, if you're going to make a top 10 to be viewed by thousands to millions, then get some f***ing quality control. "the spirit of radio"...

• Like 1

I do not agree that Tom Sawyer is the best Rush song. Not saying it's a bad song, there's many rush songs MUCH better. They probably just judged it on sales.

I agree, but judging on sales and popularity is the safe way to go really. This is not the top 10 rush song list for fans - but for casual listeners who don't get into memorizing the discography. What losers! :eyeroll: ;)

Not at all. Permanent Waves came first. Permanent Waves was building towards Moving Pictures, and Moving Pictures was building ON Permanent Waves.

Not at all. Permanent Waves came first. Permanent Waves was building towards Moving Pictures, and Moving Pictures was building ON Permanent Waves.

Oops :facepalm: ...

(build on after, proceeding, etc.)

What is the top ten?

Too lazy to watch the vid...but The Big Money AND Marathon?

It has my nod of approval, definitely.

Too lazy to remember

• Like 2

Ok I saw the list...not bad but meh
  • Like 2

People always complain about these but they say right at the beginning that the list is based on two things, fan favorites and most commercially successful.. They could even assume that the fan favorites are the ones that made the most money.. Sounds logical to me..

I totally expected a typical "internet list" but it was actually pretty good when you consider their criteria. I mean LaVilla was on there and if you watch they actually show very good clips to make their points when talking about the songs

I think I would have been nore impressed if it included a few more of the special mention tracks. Marathon and Clockwork Angels definitely belong in the top ten...no doubts...and Witch Hunt. But hey, this was not my list!