Neils old drum kits, what happen with them?

YYZumbi

Anyway, I know one of the sets, Chromey, was purchased by a fan and I believe he takes it to events and lets fans take their picture and kind of "play" it for a few seconds, Rush also has a huge storage facility somewhere in Toronto and I think a lot of their old instruments are kept there.

The guy who has the Neil's First Rush set is a really great guy named Dean. He tours the set around with the proceeds going to the American cancer society. I managed to actually see it three times and played all of those times.

As for playing it, he gives you about 2 minutes, which is definitely enough to bust out a decent solo if you're so inclined. He doesn't seem to worry about anybody breaking anything. Hell, after I got done playing it the last time he actually asked me to play again, and I hit hard!

A great experience.http://i58.tinypic.com/s48bh0.jpg

• Like 1

I thought I saw the first Tamas (the MP kit) was being played by a guy actually in a tribute band.... which is pretty cool. That guy pretty much wins when discussing equipment with other Rush tribute acts.... "so where did you get YOUR kit from?"

I still wonder where all of the limited edition R30 DW kits went...don't think I ever saw an actual price on them back when they were on sale either, but I imagine it was astronomical...man,I'd love to have one of those... I've only come across one on youtube. Also, the red Tamas can be seen on youtube as well since someone scooped them up at auction not too long ago.

As I recall, the Red Tama Set had been somewhat disassembled by the time of the most recent auction. A shame, really.

I thought I saw the first Tamas (the MP kit) was being played by a guy actually in a tribute band.... which is pretty cool. That guy pretty much wins when discussing equipment with other Rush tribute acts.... "so where did you get YOUR kit from?"

Read the first page of this thread with regard to the first Tama kit.

The red kit is still in possession of Robert Telleria or whatever his name is because the guy who sent them to him for refurbishing couldn't afford to pay for return shipping and some of the touch ups. Dude got in touch with the guy who made the paint for Neil and there was still some left. The reprint was from the original batch at least. Robert tracked Adam down and they've spoken several times in the phone.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2