Help Me Make Segue Myles A Queen Virtual Mixed Tape

The Cat 3

OK, so Segue Myles said he can barely listen to one Queen song in response to my current Queen marathon.

My belief is that our little Rush brother just needs a little education and inspiration.

So, I've decided, with your assistance, that we can introduce him properly to this band's great music by posting songs for his consideration.

I have decided to begin with a song from Queen drummer, Roger Taylor's solo album, "Strange Frontier".

A Cover of Bruce Springsteen's "Racing in the Street".

Segue might enjoy side two of Live Killers, come to think about it. Mercury's charisma really shines on those songs.

This is edited, but if you start at 21:40 you get a sense of what I'm talking about.

• Like 3

Sorry, can't help with the queen stuff, but it reminds me that I have to do basically the same thing for him with Daft Punk

If he just listens to A Night At The Opera front to back he should be hooked..... :huh:
  • Like 6

Seeing as his tastes are a little off-beat, or at least eclectic, maybe use Roger Taylor's Fun in Space as a gateway drug. From there he could graduate to Taylor's Queen material (many of my favorite Queen tracks are Taylor's). He'd quickly need to branch out. Plan B would be the above. If he doesn't like the breathtaking A Night at the Opera (the most deft display of shifting styles since The Beatles) it's likely hopeless.
  • Like 1

This is a total non-sequitur, but on my screen the subject lines is split so that it appears to read "help me make segue miles a queen.". It makes me giggle.

(Yes, I'm easily amused.)

• Like 2

This is a total non-sequitur, but on my screen the subject lines is split so that it appears to read "help me make segue miles a queen.". It makes me giggle.

(Yes, I'm easily amused.)

Wow. Lol!

And regarding this thread: later today I am going to sit down and properly give all these songs a try.

And before anyone says anything: yes, I love Toto. And before anyone says anything else: that doesn't affect how I listen to anything else.

OK, so Segue Myles said he can barely listen to one Queen song in response to my current Queen marathon.

My belief is that our little Rush brother just needs a little education and inspiration.

So, I've decided, with your assistance, that we can introduce him properly to this band's great music by posting songs for his consideration.

I have decided to begin with a song from Queen drummer, Roger Taylor's solo album, "Strange Frontier".

A Cover of Bruce Springsteen's "Racing in the Street".

Couldn't resist it: I LOVE THE COVER OF RACING IN THE STREET!

All in all, I live in hope I might be proven wrong...

• Like 1

Well this thread did one thing:

Reminded me how much I love The Show Must Go On. Is Innuendo a good album to try alongside the others mentioned?

• Like 1

Wait, I'm confused. Segue is a citizen of the United Kingdom, correct? I thought all citizens of the U.K. are required to like Queen.

I was born in South Africa. I don't count!!

• Like 1

How can one not like the riff to "Tie Your Mother Down"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4VQ3-NrT0

So, is Brian May the smartest kick-a** guitarist ever, or the most rockin' astrophysicist ever? One or the other.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

Rutlefan,

"Drowse" is way at the top of my list of favourite Queen songs of all time.

It is basically a musical biography of my youth.

Great choice.

Yeah, I think there's something magic and often personal about Roger's songs. Even a simple "car" song like I'm in Love with My Car feels emotionally nostalgic, much like Lakeside Park does. Even though I wasn't a gear head when I was young, and I never worked at a carnival, both songs make me miss my youth.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1