Constantine

war2112

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2005, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 27 2005, 01:40 PM)
I don't want to see Keanu play anything.
I do not find him attractive.
He looks stoned most of the time, sounds stoned most of the time and acts stoned most of the time.

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Hell, I'd take Jack Black over him. At least Jack has a personality.

I love Jack Black! smile.gif

I don't care for Keanu.

Way off topic here, but I agree wholeheartedly!

Jack Black is the funniest man on the planet, IMHO.

School of Rock was such a delight and I can watch it repeatedly and it never feels stale; never gets old.

Plus, he can really act - he really can. It's obviously a natural born talent.

Bit of Trivia - He went to high school with Maya Rudolph from SNL. He says that when he saw her perform, he almost gave up his dream of doing what he does for a living. Good for us all that he changed his mind!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 27 2005, 01:44 PM)
If Keanu was a type of food he would be a piece of dry white toast.

laugh.gif You mean a "cracker"?

Constantine - A Most Excellent Adventure

3.5 stars anyway

I just watched this tonight. I was totally entertained. Keanu does a pretty good job in the role. Ms Weiz did a good job as well, althought she is a little too skinny nowadays...she looked better in the Mummy movies.

I think Keanu's lack of acting helped him in this role. He was supposed to be unsure & figuring it out as he went along, so his "acting" skills fit perfectly. biggrin.gif

The story was ok, it reminded me of "Memnoch The Devil" by Anne Rice...God & the Devil fighting for peoples souls...God wating peple to prove they deserved Him. Having been raised as a catholic (recovering now wink.gif) , it's fun to watch these types of interpretations.

ps: I don't think Keanu said "whoa" in this movie. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jul 30 2005, 11:35 PM)
I just watched this tonight.  I was totally entertained.  Keanu does a pretty good job in the role.  Ms Weiz did a good job as well, althought she is a little too skinny nowadays...she looked  better in the Mummy movies.

I think Keanu's lack of acting helped him in this role.  He was supposed to be unsure & figuring it out as he went along, so his "acting" skills fit perfectly. biggrin.gif

The story was ok, it reminded me of "Memnoch The Devil" by Anne Rice...God & the Devil fighting for peoples souls...God wating peple to prove they deserved Him.  Having been raised as a catholic (recovering now wink.gif) , it's fun to watch these types of interpretations.

ps: I don't think Keanu said "whoa" in this movie. tongue.gif

DM...what a FANTASTIC post...you made me do this: z7shysterical.gif

Recovering Catholic... rofl3.gif I'm getting over being Baptist, myself....

And thank you for saying that an actress is too skinny...about time someone spoke up.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2005, 11:10 AM)
Ms Weiz did a good job as well, althought she is a little too skinny nowadays...she looked  better in the Mummy movies.

And thank you for saying that an actress is too skinny...about time someone spoke up.

biggrin.gif

I just watched "Runaway Jury" (2003) the other day, and Ms. Wiesz looked pretty good in that...not quite as thin as she is now. I agree, she looked her best in the "The Mummy."

Too many actresses are getting too skinny when they used to look great with some meat on their bones: Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Jennifer Connelly to name a few. And it's not just their bodies...you see it in their faces, and they almost look like different people now.

A VOLUPTUOUS Jennifer Connelly - YUM........A GAUNT Jennifer Connelly - Not quite as yum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/jconnelly1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/jconnelly2.jpg

Of course, everybody has different tastes. I'm sure some like the thinner versions of these actresses.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 31 2005, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2005, 11:10 AM)
Ms Weiz did a good job as well, althought she is a little too skinny nowadays...she looked  better in the Mummy movies.

biggrin.gif

I just watched "Runaway Jury" (2003) the other day, and Ms. Wiesz looked pretty good in that...not quite as thin as she is now. I agree, she looked her best in the "The Mummy."

Too many actresses are getting too skinny when they used to look great with some meat on their bones: Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Jennifer Connelly to name a few. And it's not just their bodies...you see it in their faces, and they almost look like different people now.

A VOLUPTUOUS Jennifer Connelly - YUM........A GAUNT Jennifer Connelly - Not quite as yum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/jconnelly1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/jconnelly2.jpg

Of course, everybody has different tastes. I'm sure some like the thinner versions of these actresses.

Wow, you're right 1-0-0-1 she definitely looks better in the B&W photo.

Geez, Dweez...Here are 2 of us guys saying we don't like the fact that actresses & some women in general are making themselves too thin & you try to turn it back on us? Making yourself overly thin just for looks or because it's the in thing to do is stupid. Losing weight for health reasons is an entirely different matter.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jul 31 2005, 11:20 AM)

Geez, Dweez...Here are 2 of us guys saying we don't like the fact that actresses & some women in general are making themselves too thin & you try to turn it back on us? Making yourself overly thin just for looks or becasue it's the in thing to do is stupid. Losing weight for health reasons is an entirely different matter.

It was a joke for crying out loud.

I apologize for offending anyone.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 31 2005, 01:23 PM)

Geez, Dweez...Here are 2 of us guys saying we don't like the fact that actresses & some women in general are making themselves too thin & you try to turn it back on us?  Making yourself overly thin just for looks or becasue it's the in thing to do is stupid.  Losing weight for health reasons is an entirely different matter.

I don't think DM was offended. He was just making a point.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 31 2005, 09:23 AM)

Geez, Dweez...Here are 2 of us guys saying we don't like the fact that actresses & some women in general are making themselves too thin & you try to turn it back on us?  Making yourself overly thin just for looks or becasue it's the in thing to do is stupid.  Losing weight for health reasons is an entirely different matter.

Ok, I apologize. smile.gif I guess I missed the scarcasm (one of the problems with "communicating" this way)

**edited to add: no offense taken

Edited by Digital Man

QUOTE (Schro @ Aug 1 2005, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2005, 10:10 AM)

Recovering Catholic...  rofl3.gif  I'm getting over being Baptist, myself....

biggrin.gif

Oh you poor girl!!

Indeed.

cool.gif