Should Rush still be performing live?

chasekratzer

I'm offended that you're offended. Even more so. And more shocked than I was before. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm offended that you're offended that he's offended that we're all offended....

Wouldn't you like to be offended too?

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... :smoke:

• Like 3

nah, you're just too friendly and likable for me to be too much of a prick to.

JARG's a good dude, but he reminds me of a hard rock frasier crane sometimes. I don't think we could enjoy a beer together, let alone a nice glass of sherry

Kumbaya..... :)

I'm offended that you're offended. Even more so. And more shocked than I was before. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I think you need some of my weed!

No thank you. But to annoy you, I liked a few of my own posts.

:o You,you.... :D

I like Rush.

Hush up! What do you know? :madra:

(Now we have another offended TRF member.)

Never. You can't change my mind....you can't none of you change my mind ever!!

Is this thread about Rush performing live? I can't remember anymore.

I had to ask myself the same question: what was this thread about anyway?

Hey the bOObs thread got off track so anything is possible I suppose.... :sigh: :codger:
  • Like 1

Hey the bOObs thread got off track so anything is possible I suppose.... :sigh: :codger:

there's a boobs thread?

there's a boobs thread?

Random Samples...... :drool:
  • Like 1

Maybe we change the thread title to Should boobs still be performing live...in your life? :smoke:
  • Like 1

Maybe we change the thread title to Should boobs still be performing live...in your life? :smoke:

maybe make a new thread...so, what do you think: should Rush still be performing? I say damn right.

I've not seen a single argument, in this thread, that convinced me why they shouldn't. The last tours were all amazing (for me) and I'm thankful that I've seen a lot of good performances by them. Call me a fanboy but I'll take whatever they'll deliver 'cause my Rush history is too long to ignore any possible future live encounters. I'm still a fan - :musicnote: sti-hill...I am :musicnote:
  • Like 5

I don't know if I'd call either group "annoying"--people like what they like, and the reasons they like what they like are very complex. Depending on when a person started listening to Rush, he or she will have formed an opinion about what makes them unique. Albums or songs outside of that framework will sound strange, maybe. I think anyone who appreciates the craft of songwriting will likely find something to like if they listen with an open heart.

let it be known that I am not TRULY annoyed by what any rush fan thinks about anything, and I'm not losing sleep over the JARGS and coseytoes out there, or the zumbi's either.

different strokes for different folks, and when I go off on a tangent I'm not hoping that someone will "see the light" and start liking power windows or something. I just like to challenge/argue/be a smartass/etc sometimes.

You're well on your way to being my successor.

• Like 1

I've not seen a single argument, in this thread, that convinced me why they shouldn't. The last tours were all amazing (for me) and I'm thankful that I've seen a lot of good performances by them. Call me a fanboy but I'll take whatever they'll deliver 'cause my Rush history is too long to ignore any possible future live encounters. I'm still a fan - :musicnote: sti-hill...I am :musicnote:

Fanboy.

• Like 2

For everybody that complains and says Rush shouldn't perform live, stop being so selfish. If you don't like it then don't go.

My husband was lucky enough to start seeing the band in the 70's but me, not so much. I didn't see them until 2012 and that was partly my fault because my husband had been trying to get me into them since 2009. But a lot of us younger people are just now getting around to seeing and enjoying them, so if you don't like them, stay home. Meanwhile I'll be using up my vacation days to see as many shows as possible.

• Like 4

For everybody that complains and says Rush shouldn't perform live, stop being so selfish.

You may not be aware of this, but this thread asked for opinions...presumably all opinions are welcome, yes?

• Like 2

For everybody that complains and says Rush shouldn't perform live, stop being so selfish.

You may not be aware of this, but this thread asked for opinions...presumably all opinions are welcome, yes?

The truth of the matter is it could be considered "selfish" to want them to keep touring. A case could be made both ways given their age and the wear and tear on them as human beings. I would love to see them again but not at the expense of hurting them or worse....
  • Like 3

The truth of the matter is it could be considered "selfish" to want them to keep touring. A case could be made both ways given their age and the wear and tear on them as human beings. I would love to see them again but not at the expense of hurting them or worse....

Agreed. One of the common straw men that is trotted out to be used against people like you and I goes something like, "you old fans can't accept that Rush aren't young men anymore -- you want them to be able to perform like they did when they were in their prime, well too bad, they're not", but I don't think that is our position. Our position is, "on the contrary, we do accept that they're not young men any more, that's why we think it's time for them to hang it up".

Duh, and my opinion is that they are selfish.

Agreed. One of the common straw men that is trotted out to be used against people like you and I goes something like, "you old fans can't accept that Rush aren't young men anymore -- you want them to be able to perform like they did when they were in their prime, well too bad, they're not", but I don't think that is our position. Our position is, "on the contrary, we do accept that they're not young men any more, that's why we think it's time for them to hang it up".

Pfffffttttttttttttttttttttttt :moon:

I'm in the camp that thinks Rush should continue performing and I agree with Narp and JARG. There's nothing wrong with their argument. Logically sound.

At this point I really hope you're just trying to troll us :sigh:

I'm in the camp that thinks Rush should continue performing and I agree with Narp and JARG. There's nothing wrong with their argument. Logically sound.

At this point I really hope you're just trying to troll us :sigh:

No dear, I don't troll. :sigh: