Should Rush still be performing live?

chasekratzer

I think they should stop performing when THEY are ready to stop performing.

Me too...and I hope they want to soon...hell I've been hoping that for about a decade.

Edited by JARG

Me too...and I hope they want to soon...hell I've been hoping that for about a decade.

Nobody is forcing you to go to a show.

• Like 2

I'm so glad they didn't want to stop performing a decade ago, because if they had I would never have become a fan, and I would have missed out on what turned out to be one of the most important bands of my life :yes:

It saddens me that so many can't enjoy the band for what they are now, but I will go to my grave thankful for the persistence of :rush:

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 8

Nobody is forcing you to go to a show.

I'll alert the media.

• Like 1

I'm not sure which is more annoying. rush cultists or the "I've hated this band since 1983 but I still post here everyday" crowd

Are there people who post here who have hated the band since '83? Can you name some names?

• Like 1

I'm not sure which is more annoying. rush cultists or the "I've hated this band since 1983 but I still post here everyday" crowd

Are there people who post here who have hated the band since '83? Can you name some names?

I would like to see that list also..... :huh:
  • Like 1

Are any of the UK crew from the old CP board here now with new names?

Plenty of them hate everything past MP... yet they still trolled CP constantly.

I don't need a list. "Hate" may be an exaggeration but we know what he means..

I was just posing a simple question of which is more annoying - "rush are perfect, rush is god, rush is life, true fans love every album" or "So sad and pathetic to see them up there, struggling to make it through a show. Where are the kimonos? Why can't you sing about fantasy stories you read anymore? My hip hurts!"
  • Like 1

oh come on, crybabies, you know exactly what I mean.

to be honest, lorraine, you're probably closer to a cultist.

I'm too shocked to even reply to that.

You don't even know me.

What drugs have you been doing today?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I don't need a list. "Hate" may be an exaggeration but we know what he means..

Agreed. "Hate" would be overstating it for the vast majority.... :)

before you play the victim yet again lorraine, what I mean is that you show more characteristics of a "fanboy" or "fangirl" than someone like JARG who believes the band should retire. you are enthusiastic, you post rush-related threads often, and from what I've gathered you seem to like most of their albums.

and in JARG's defense, if I'd seen the hemispheres tour, I'd probably be on his side.

and I find the suggestion that a person such as myself might touch a drug quite offensive!

Edited by bathory
  • Like 1

before you play the victim yet again lorraine, what I mean is that you show more characteristics of a "fanboy" or "fangirl" than someone like JARG who believes the band should retire. you are enthusiastic, you post rush-related threads often, and from what I've gathered you seem to like most of their albums.

and in JARG's defense, if I'd seen the hemispheres tour, I'd probably be on his side.

and I find the suggestion that a person such as myself might touch a drug quite offensive!

You talk about getting high often. Unless, of course, it's now your turn to play the victim? Again?

• Like 2

I'm offended that you're offended. Even more so. And more shocked than I was before. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm offended that you're offended that he's offended that we're all offended....

Wouldn't you like to be offended too?

I don't know if I'd call either group "annoying"--people like what they like, and the reasons they like what they like are very complex. Depending on when a person started listening to Rush, he or she will have formed an opinion about what makes them unique. Albums or songs outside of that framework will sound strange, maybe. I think anyone who appreciates the craft of songwriting will likely find something to like if they listen with an open heart.

(Maybe I should edit that last bit...I'm not trying to make anyone throw up.)

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

I don't know if I'd call either group "annoying"--people like what they like, and the reasons they like what they like are very complex. Depending on when a person started listening to Rush, he or she will have formed an opinion about what makes them unique. Albums or songs outside of that framework will sound strange, maybe. I think anyone who appreciates the craft of songwriting will likely find something to like if they listen with an open heart.

let it be known that I am not TRULY annoyed by what any rush fan thinks about anything, and I'm not losing sleep over the JARGS and coseytoes out there, or the zumbi's either.

different strokes for different folks, and when I go off on a tangent I'm not hoping that someone will "see the light" and start liking power windows or something. I just like to challenge/argue/be a smartass/etc sometimes.

• Like 2

let it be known that I am not TRULY annoyed by what any rush fan thinks about anything, and I'm not losing sleep over the JARGS and coseytoes out there, or the zumbi's either.

different strokes for different folks, and when I go off on a tangent I'm not hoping that someone will "see the light" and start liking power windows or something. I just like to challenge/argue/be a smartass/etc sometimes.

At least I wasn't mentioned. Guess because I didn't abandon ship till after Power Windows (which I like)...... :D Edited by Narpski

nah, you're just too friendly and likable for me to be too much of a prick to.

JARG's a good dude, but he reminds me of a hard rock frasier crane sometimes. I don't think we could enjoy a beer together, let alone a nice glass of sherry