Should Rush still be performing live?

chasekratzer

Segue, this is just the thread to pull you out of your funk! We can really liven it up.

I feel like burning all the cupcakes.

Did you notice that I am the only savvy member here that caught your deja vu funny?

...caught your deju vu funny?

Remember Segue. When you need a good laugh, come here. This place is good for a laugh.

I have trouble hearing Geddy struggle so much live now. They can still play, but its painful to hear him. I'm not sure if that means they should stop touring though.

I almost feel if it was any other band, and i heard the singer struggle as much as geddy does, i would be horrified.,..but cause its :rush: , they get a free pass.

• Like 3

My thought is that your signature pictures are ridiculously big.

I am still trying to make them smaller and smaller! Next time I change it it will be a smaller.

Don't worry that wasn't aimed at you but the OP. You're getting the hang of it.

You wouldn't happen to have any cupcakes by any chance?

• Like 1

I am still trying to make them smaller and smaller! Next time I change it it will be a smaller.

Don't worry that wasn't aimed at you but the OP. You're getting the hang of it.

You wouldn't happen to have any cupcakes by any chance?

Yes! Cheese, onion and red onion marmalade dressing!

O...that's a sandwich

Yes they should be performing live.

If you disagree, then do not buy tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

I hate this stupid thread. I would murder my mum for a chance to see them live! (Ok...maybe not...). For all of you who saw them first time round when they were young GOOD FOR YOU. As for young fans like myself, we make do with what we have AND APPRECIATE IT REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.

Why are Rush fans so friggin' critical of the live performances of men nearing their sixties in the fourth decade of their career?

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

I agree with you on this one for sure!

What are your thoughts on rush still performing live at this point in time?

They're quite a few years past their "sell by" date as far as live shows go.

When would you have put their "sell by" date? Not mad, just curious for opinion. A lot of people think they should've stopped after Hold Your Fire.

When would you have put their "sell by" date? Not mad, just curious for opinion. A lot of people think they should've stopped after Hold Your Fire.

Vapor Trails was the last tour where I left thinking "they still got it".

Vapor Trails was the last tour where I left thinking "they still got it".

They've still got "it", whatever "it" is. I mean really, chicks are just now coming to their shows

For the most part they still put on a solid show. Ged's voice isn't what it once was but he more than makes up for it with his great and still improving bass playing abilities. Al and Neil still sound very good as well. I know I wasn't around for the 70's and 80's tours but I've heard various bootlegs and all of the official live stuff from that time. They've definitely still got it,.
  • Like 1

Of course they should perform!

I can't think of one other band that consistently plays at such high a level.

Criticize all three: Geddy is straining, Alex is sloppy, Neil is slower... All marginal claims. They play their hearts out and always give a monster show.

Well rounded, loud, fun and passionate.

What more could we ask for?

• Like 4

And yours looking like something from Jaws..... :D-13:

This is why I have all signature pictures turned off.

I do too. Especially with dial-up.

To me they're annoying and I've always hated reading forums where people have huge sig pictures. You have to wade through the pics to find their posts. I don't mind a line or two of text but pics? No.

• Like 1

Had a nice sleep.

Woke up still loving thd idea of seeing Rush live.

If you disagree, then do not but tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

I hate this stupid thread. I would murder my mum for a chance to see them live! (Ok...maybe not...). For all of you who saw them first time round when they were young GOOD FOR YOU. As for young fans like myself, we make do with what we have AND APPRECIATE IT REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.

Why are Rush fans so friggin' critical of the live performances of men nearing their sixties in the fourth decade of their career?

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Bollocks.

So they should all retire for the rest of their lives, avoid making the most of their still good health because a bunch of whingy fans cannot cope with the fact their heroes are no longer twenty seven years old? I suppose if Peart ever gets arthritis we will proclaim him a seriously disappointing live drummer, and as Geddy ages we should just proclaim his voice complete garbage and hail some younger rock wannabe the new hero around town as if 39 previous good years are equal to a mere flash in the pan.

And if Lifeson starts...

You get the picture.

They are having the time of their lives in the wake of a major resurgence of public interest in their music, and after an incredible album we still feel it is good to complain that they are to old to tour because, for goodness sake, they no longer perform like they did on All The Worlds A Stage.

Go shoot Joan Collins for not looking as attractive as she did thirty five years ago.

I don't think you could possibly have missed the point quite so spectacularly.

It's not about how old they are. It never was. Age simply isn't the issue.

It's about how bad they are playing live.

Please try to grasp that distinction.

They still have plenty of gas in the tank!,

Compared to a lot of bands from their era they blow most out of the water. They will make the call when the time is right. The problem that some people don't realize is that we are spoiled by them. They are so damn good we expect them to go on forever and don't take that in to account. I told my self years ago to just go with the flow and hope they can still dish it out as time goes by. Take the last few tours, I go in with the mind set that it's not the 70's,80's, 90's ect. So I never get my hopes up to much. I know that they will play at there highest level at this point of there career and that's all one can ask for. Asking for to much at this point is meaningless. :cool: :7up: :rush:

• Like 4

If you disagree, then do not but tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Bollocks.

So they should all retire for the rest of their lives, avoid making the most of their still good health because a bunch of whingy fans cannot cope with the fact their heroes are no longer twenty seven years old? I suppose if Peart ever gets arthritis we will proclaim him a seriously disappointing live drummer, and as Geddy ages we should just proclaim his voice complete garbage and hail some younger rock wannabe the new hero around town as if 39 previous good years are equal to a mere flash in the pan.

And if Lifeson starts...

You get the picture.

They are having the time of their lives in the wake of a major resurgence of public interest in their music, and after an incredible album we still feel it is good to complain that they are to old to tour because, for goodness sake, they no longer perform like they did on All The Worlds A Stage.

Go shoot Joan Collins for not looking as attractive as she did thirty five years ago.

They're not playing "bad" live. Worse? Sure, maybe a little bit

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Bollocks.

And if Lifeson starts...

You get the picture.

They're not playing "bad" live. Worse? Sure, maybe a little bit

Me miss the point?

Neverrrr!

• Like 2