Should Rush still be performing live?

chasekratzer

What are your thoughts on rush still performing live at this point in time?

Only when they're not in the studio recording new music.

• Like 6

You are a very brave man.

:ph34r:

Seriously brave. All of the sudden I'm feeling a bit pissy. :banghead:

i don't care either way. I pretty much can't stand live shows anymore.

Don't enjoy the experience anymore.

Mick

May I ask why you don't care for live shows anymore? I am surprised that someone as young as you are would feel this way.

• Like 1

As long as they limit 70's material to just instrumentals, they can pretty much handle their catalog. I prefer latter day material than their earliest work. Ged was laying it down on CA songs.

Instrument wise—no problemo! So yes, they should still get out there and kick ass.

• Like 4

Since Geddys voice is going downhill so quickly I have mixed feelings about this. If he was still able to sing like he could before I'd say heck why not. But since he can't I'm not real sure. I definitely still want to see them live but if it's a matter of him hurting himself or something I'd say no.
  • Like 3

i don't care either way. I pretty much can't stand live shows anymore.

Don't enjoy the experience anymore.

Mick

May I ask why you don't care for live shows anymore? I am surprised that someone as young as you are would feel this way.

Well I have Cerebral palsy.....not that that makes it hard to get a seat or anything. It's the people. Constantly find myself battling to see over people. Not that i blame them they're there for good time. but i can't tell how many times i've muttered the phrase please sit down Even in the handicapped section. I've seen rush 2 times and DVD'S are just fine, lol Again i'm not complaining, i've just retired from live concerts.......unless somebody really special pulls me out.

Mick

• Like 2

Since Geddys voice is going downhill so quickly I have mixed feelings about this. If he was still able to sing like he could before I'd say heck why not. But since he can't I'm not real sure. I definitely still want to see them live but if it's a matter of him hurting himself or something I'd say no.

For me, it's not just Ged's vocal decline that's the problem. It's the slapdash performances the band has been turning in for years now.

They truly are a shadow of their former selves.

Mind you, Rush did have much further to fall than the majority of their contemporaries, so the decline is far more pronounced.

Yes they should be performing live.

If you disagree, then do not buy tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

I hate this stupid thread. I would murder my mum for a chance to see them live! (Ok...maybe not...). For all of you who saw them first time round when they were young GOOD FOR YOU. As for young fans like myself, we make do with what we have AND APPRECIATE IT REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.

Why are Rush fans so friggin' critical of the live performances of men nearing their sixties in the fourth decade of their career?

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 11

If you disagree, then do not but tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

I hate this stupid thread. I would murder my mum for a chance to see them live! (Ok...maybe not...). For all of you who saw them first time round when they were young GOOD FOR YOU. As for young fans like myself, we make do with what we have AND APPRECIATE IT REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.

Why are Rush fans so friggin' critical of the live performances of men nearing their sixties in the fourth decade of their career?

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Bollocks.

• Like 1

If you disagree, then do not buy tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Um segue......little over the top. lol. it is a legit topic

I say that as your pal, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

If you disagree, then do not but tickets. Do not buy the live album/DVD. Play your favourite records. And shut up.

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Bollocks.

So they should all retire for the rest of their lives, avoid making the most of their still good health because a bunch of whingy fans cannot cope with the fact their heroes are no longer twenty seven years old? I suppose if Peart ever gets arthritis we will proclaim him a seriously disappointing live drummer, and as Geddy ages we should just proclaim his voice complete garbage and hail some younger rock wannabe the new hero around town as if 39 previous good years are equal to a mere flash in the pan.

And if Lifeson starts...

You get the picture.

They are having the time of their lives in the wake of a major resurgence of public interest in their music, and after an incredible album we still feel it is good to complain that they are to old to tour because, for goodness sake, they no longer perform like they did on All The Worlds A Stage.

Go shoot Joan Collins for not looking as attractive as she did thirty five years ago.

• Like 4

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Mick

Sorry bad day...really bad day...

• Like 1

DUMB STUPID THREAD.

Mick

Yeah I agree. Even though it sounds like it upsets you I understand where you're coming from. For those of us who were around and going to concerts when they were young it's the disappointment in the decline over the years. I don't claim to speak for others here but for myself in particular they were so high above anybody else so now to see how Geddys voice is deteriorating, how both Alex and Neil can't play quite as well as they used to, it's a little sad and scary. They still have it in spades on the albums but when it comes to live performances things are slipping. If I were just now getting into the band and had never seen them in years past I would feel like you do.

• Like 1

Go shoot Joan Collins for not looking as attractive as she did thirty five years ago.

Now why would anyone do that? She wasn't even attractive back then.

I just lol'd so hard I accidentally shot the wrong Collins sister!

• Like 1

Beat me to it...
  • Like 2

No wonder Linda Evans wanted to beat the crap out of her. :LOL:

• Like 1

I just lol'd so hard I accidentally shot the wrong Collins sister!

:scared: