Photography thread

LittleRushmonkey

Rough day yesterday... I was snowboarding and minding my own business going down the side of the trail. :D-13: Out of nowhere, a beginner snowboarder shot across the trail, clipped me and spun me and my board around. The result was me catching my heal edge and slamming down on my back with my head bouncing off the snow. I always wear a helmet but my brains did get rattled. I was spread eagle on the slope with planets orbiting my head for about 5 minutes. I finally got up and made my way to the bottom of the mountain.

Here's where I ended up to recover. Beer + Advil. Very sore today but I'll be back out on my board on Tuesday. :codger:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_7212_zpscf402bd9.jpg

• Like 3

This is not my photo but I love it and love how the photographer set it up so simply to get such a great photo.

http://digital-photo...orgeous-result/

https://500px.com/ph...utm_content=web

Great photo but I'm sure some expensive glass has a lot to do with it. I don't get the same clarity with my 50 mm f/1.4 Canon prime ;)

Yeah, probably. I can't get it that sharp with my Sony's 50mm f1.8 either.

I just bought a £400/£500 16-50mm f2.4 but it has a squeaky Autofocus motor so I need to send it back :(

16203339891_a02ae53798_z.jpg

15582812154_31db240ec1_z.jpg

Nice!

Love the first photo. Reminds me of growing up in the 70's. When we were bored of playing sports we would walk the tracks and throw rocks at hobos when the train passed by. :P

I was pushing the vintage vibe on the first photo so I take it that it worked :D

• Like 1

Nice!

Love the first photo. Reminds me of growing up in the 70's. When we were bored of playing sports we would walk the tracks and throw rocks at hobos when the train passed by. :P

I was pushing the vintage vibe on the first photo so I take it that it worked :D

What is that laying inside the tracks on the left side?

Nice!

:ebert:

Nice!

Maybe some type of flower or just a piece of plastic bag. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the tracks are in service.

Nice!

Hopefully not a rubber ;). I think it's just some plastic.

Nice!

Maybe some type of flower or just a piece of plastic bag. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the tracks are in service.

You're right about that. There's a large area of tracks not in service. Had I tilted the camera a few degrees upwards you'd see rows of passenger trains holding. Next time the weather is fine I'm going back for more exploration. Perhaps a little trespassing ;)

• Like 2

Nice!

To be honest, that's what I was thinking. :LOL:

• Like 2

Nice!

To be honest, that's what I was thinking. :LOL:

:LOL:

Nice!

You're right about that. There's a large area of tracks not in service. Had I tilted the camera a few degrees upwards you'd see rows of passenger trains holding. Next time the weather is fine I'm going back for more exploration. Perhaps a little trespassing ;)

We used to do that. Push our luck and go where we knew we shouldn't. If our parents found out there would be hell to pay. :P

Nice!

We used to do that. Push our luck and go where we knew we shouldn't. If our parents found out there would be hell to pay. :P

Most of the times it helps playing dumb.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to trespass. I was so into taking pictures I forgot where I was going" ;)

Edit: And sometimes it helps to point at the camera and say "mind if I take some pictures around here?"

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 2

Nice!

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to trespass. I was so into taking pictures I forgot where I was going" ;)

Edit: And sometimes it helps to point at the camera and say "mind if I take some pictures around here?"

Yep,

I did that last year. We stopped over in Texas to visit family before heading to Florida. I walked about four miles to the university of Texas A&M. They were doing a huge upgrade on the football stadium. As I made my way around the stadium taking pictures. I noticed a gate that was slightly opened but had a no trespass sign on it and didn't see any one around. I decided to go for it and was ready for any encounter. Never saw any one and was able to see the work going on down on the field. I felt like I was fourteen all over again. :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Nice!

Yep,

I did that last year. We stopped over in Texas to visit family before heading to Florida. I walked about four miles to the university of Texas A&M. They were doing a huge upgrade on the football stadium. As I made my way around the stadium taking pictures. I noticed a gate that was slightly opened but had a no trespass sign on it and didn't see any one around. I decided to go for it and was ready for any encounter. Never saw any one and was able to see the work going on down on the field. I felt like I was fourteen all over again. :D

I once contacted a place that services trains and said that I had a school assignment, and asked if I could come by and shoot some pictures. I spend 12 hours there and got to go along several test rides on trains. I think a lot of people will be flattered that you take interest in what they do, and be more than happy to show you around if you ask.

• Like 2

Nice!

Yep,

I once contacted a place that services trains and said that I had a school assignment, and asked if I could come by and shoot some pictures. I spend 12 hours there and got to go along several test rides on trains. I think a lot of people will be flattered that you take interest in what they do, and be more than happy to show you around if you ask.

Oh yeah,

The school assignment route. Never fails. :D