Photography thread

LittleRushmonkey

Following are some photos I took last week at Algonquin Park, Ontario.

Driving back up north from the canoe trip, 4 nights with my big Bro, I thought about posting them here in TRF.

What do I see but some pics from Algonquin last year from Union 5-3992.

It was truly wonderful, with the covid restrictions the parks only opened up last week and the sites were so pristine.

No surprise piles under the bushes, no flies (except the natural horse/deer flies and other bugs) and all the winter dead fall from tree branches were ripe for the taking, crisp and dry from many days of hot, sunny weather.

The cliff diving pic was a "paddle-by" but posted for Union to enjoy.

The rest of them, hope you all enjoy them.

Nikon - D 3200, different lenses.

My brother was a bit irritated at times with me switching lenses, but the rewards were worth it!

(Edit: Thank you Union 5-3992 for the posting assistance).

Algonquin Park 2020
Edited by Bahamas

7DRRqJH.jpg Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 2

Fyuh1SI.jpg
  • Like 2

kYbA5iO.jpg
  • Like 2

A few more...

bHtzq5w.jpg

zQe4Q6f.jpg

CDxthqa.jpg

lxDsnil.jpg

MELzvcA.jpg

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 1

As I said above, it was just a "paddle by" shot, I don't know if there are any buildings on top, but it is Joe Lake (Or Little Joe, Baby Joe...the route before the last portage back into Canoe Lake).

But since we are the only ones who care about nature photography right now, I want to respond and perhaps we can continue the discussion in private?

What a place, I can't stop thinking about it, Union! What route did you take and how often have you been there?

I need to do some quality photography for a book project I'm working. A lot of shooting outdoors. I decided I wanted to go the iPhone route. The latest is a 12 Pro? Starting from scratch what gear to I need beside the phone?

Thanks...

I can't remember if this is where we post these type of photos, but here goes. We had that horrible line of storms pass through this evening (not too bad here luckily). and then these appeared. The first one was so bright!

7vFRswcl.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

Easter was Lorraine's hope - it could be a spiritual bridge crossing?? :7up:
  • Like 1

Just after sunset in the west tonight!  This is Jupiter and Venus (Venus on the right looking larger and brighter because it is closer to Earth.). Tonight's the night!  This is the closest they will be in the next nine years!  Tomorrow, Venus will be higher in the sky and continue to rise more each night.

3ah4sb6l.jpg

• Like 3

We were looking at them last night, apparently even with good binoculars you can see some moons of Jupiter (good luck holding them steady enough!), but yes Venus was very bright!

It's a great thing, sky stuff - we can often see the same thing from many parts of the continent and share a moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

Just after sunset in the west tonight!  This is Jupiter and Venus (Venus on the right looking larger and brighter because it is closer to Earth.). Tonight's the night!  This is the closest they will be in the next nine years!  Tomorrow, Venus will be higher in the sky and continue to rise more each night.

Totally overcast here…..:angry:

On 3/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, blueschica said:

3ah4sb6l.jpg

That was awesome! I saw that in Lemberg Saskatchewan that night.

Great find and post!

• Like 1

My long time good friend Mary Ann scored a deluxe apartment in the sky, on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River.

zLXv35X.jpg