Photography thread

LittleRushmonkey

Took a trip to my local library a week ago to reinstate my library card, show the place to a friend from out of state, and check out Ghost Rider. Thought you all might like photos of it.

1024px-2006_Salt_Lake_City_Public_Library_exterior.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qozCBxy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eP5UQhp.jpg

The Salt Lake City Public Library was constructed at a cost of $84,000,000 and opened in early 2003. As a civil engineer who enjoys architecture, I appreciate that no expense was spared in creating this expression of knowledge and education. It is one of the defining structures of the region. It contains six floors including the roof and basement levels, with a unique curved outdoor staircase leading to the roof, and houses some 500,000 books. Before last week, I had not been here in approximately nine years.

The friend in particular, who had no knowledge of the building, was in awe. Thanks for reading. :)

That is a cool building. And I love the mountains in the distance.

Nice building. So what's a book? Is that like a large PDF file?

Took a trip to my local library a week ago to reinstate my library card, show the place to a friend from out of state, and check out Ghost Rider. Thought you all might like photos of it.

pictures

The Salt Lake City Public Library was constructed at a cost of $84,000,000 and opened in early 2003. As a civil engineer who enjoys architecture, I appreciate that no expense was spared in creating this expression of knowledge and education. It is one of the defining structures of the region. It contains six floors including the roof and basement levels, with a unique curved outdoor staircase leading to the roof, and houses some 500,000 books. Before last week, I had not been here in approximately nine years.

The friend in particular, who had no knowledge of the building, was in awe. Thanks for reading. :)

Nice to have em snow-capped for the shots, but with the trees leafless in the courtyard and park, I think I'm gonna come retake some outdoor shots in a couple months, when spring is in full stride.

Maybe it's because I've always lived in the setting, but I have no interest in moving to flatlands. Mountains provide something beautiful to look at, and a high point to reach and rake in surrounding views. I love em!

• Like 1

pictures

Nice to have em snow-capped for the shots, but with the trees leafless in the courtyard and park, I think I'm gonna come retake some outdoor shots in a couple months, when spring is in full stride.

Maybe it's because I've always lived in the setting, but I have no interest in moving to flatlands. Mountains provide something beautiful to look at, and a high point to reach and rake in surrounding views. I love em!

I understand. I've always lived next to the Pacific Coast Range Mountains, and usually in hilly areas. It's weird going to the Midwest where it's flat for as far as the eye can see.

• Like 1

pictures

I understand. I've always lived next to the Pacific Coast Range Mountains, and usually in hilly areas. It's weird going to the Midwest where it's flat for as far as the eye can see.

Ugh tell me about it. This pretty much describes the midwest.

pictures

The Salt Lake City Public Library was constructed at a cost of $84,000,000 and opened in early 2003. As a civil engineer who enjoys architecture, I appreciate that no expense was spared in creating this exp<b></b>ression of knowledge and education. It is one of the defining structures of the region. It contains six floors including the roof and basement levels, with a unique curved outdoor staircase leading to the roof, and houses some 500,000 books. Before last week, I had not been here in approximately nine years.

Ugh tell me about it. This pretty much describes the midwest.

Corn!

• Like 1

I got into my car the other morning, turned on my XM radio and I see this.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_1408_zpsn8rybu4q.jpg

:haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz: :fury: :haz:

26096621796_c483b555bd_c.jpg

26030058322_577072d29e_c.jpg

26054826241_f4ed3539f7_c.jpg

Tempelhof, Berlins defunct airport. Amazing that they chose to leave that huge area as is. There's something special taking a walk down the runways :)

Walking down runways fit for the largest of aircraft? Sign me up

sounds deep

26096621796_c483b555bd_c.jpg

26030058322_577072d29e_c.jpg

26054826241_f4ed3539f7_c.jpg

Tempelhof, Berlins defunct airport. Amazing that they chose to leave that huge area as is. There's something special taking a walk down the runways :)

Walking down runways fit for the largest of aircraft? Sign me up

sounds deep

It must have been amazing to watch the planes land.

http://www.clique-sued.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tempelhofer-Feld-c-bLichtschwaermer-9607.jpg

• Like 4

David Gilmour MSG NYC, April 11, 2016 9th row to the right.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_2467_zpsdlxnfeer.jpeg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_2421_zpszernkei7.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 6

26149399595_482f110726_c.jpg

Gorgeous! I am a big fan of your work, but this is certainly one of my favourites! Excellent composition, and a rather evocative sense of light :ebert:

Wow, thank you very much. That means a lot :)

You are very welcome! :)

1269336_474753969387905_4919768524855989709_o.jpg

Great composition. You should revisit that place and get the sunset.

Thank you :) . I usually take photos from quite low down but I tried climbing up a hill for this one and it was definitely worth it! Bit windy so (for once) I'm glad my tripod is very heavy. I agree this would be a great sunset location and the sunset would actually be in the right direction. I also think this place would look pretty cool at night.

• Like 1

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/9d667108e40726982c0b4b30dacf7b63.jpg

A now desolate Charles Island in my home city of Milford, CT.

• Like 6

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/9d667108e40726982c0b4b30dacf7b63.jpg

A now desolate Charles Island in my home city of Milford, CT.

Looks like a bunch of hairy men standing there. :LOL:

1269336_474753969387905_4919768524855989709_o.jpg

Great composition. You should revisit that place and get the sunset.

Thank you :) . I usually take photos from quite low down but I tried climbing up a hill for this one and it was definitely worth it! Bit windy so (for once) I'm glad my tripod is very heavy. I agree this would be a great sunset location and the sunset would actually be in the right direction. I also think this place would look pretty cool at night.

You've got to do it then. This has gallery potential if you ask me :yes:

• Like 1