What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

After watching The Good the Bad and the Ugly tonight I remembered there's a scene near the beginning where Angel Eyes is eating a meal right before he kills this guy. That scene always makes me hungry, and I've often watched it in the past thinking about creating my own Angel Eyes meal! So tonight I have! it consisted of green pepper, large organic mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, ginger and salmon. And I ate it in a bowl like Angel Eyes did and with a wooden spoon, and I sat like that and I stared at an imaginary guy I was about to assassinate. That was a great meal. I'm now waiting for my $500 dollars AND my $1000! And where's that guy's hot wife?? :smoke:
  • Like 1

Hard to explain. It's like a delicate thin dumpling that's in the shape of a crescent. About 5" to 6" long and approximately 3" wide, filled with mashed potatoes, ground beef, herbs, raisins and onions. My next door neighbor is Kurdish and from northern Iraq. Everything she makes is so incredible. The flavors are gentle, yet layered and complex. I'm hooked on Kurdish food. It's outstanding. Healthy and delicate.
  • Like 3

After watching The Good the Bad and the Ugly tonight I remembered there's a scene near the beginning where Angel Eyes is eating a meal right before he kills this guy. That scene always makes me hungry, and I've often watched it in the past thinking about creating my own Angel Eyes meal! So tonight I have! it consisted of green pepper, large organic mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, ginger and salmon. And I ate it in a bowl like Angel Eyes did and with a wooden spoon, and I sat like that and I stared at an imaginary guy I was about to assassinate. That was a great meal. I'm now waiting for my $500 dollars AND my $1000! And where's that guy's hot wife?? :smoke:

Yeah,

Makes me hungry as well. :D

• Like 1

Funny, but I thought that it looked tasty too when Angel Eyes is eating it.

Perhaps called The Last Stew.

That sexy widow to be was Chelo Alonso

http://www.peplums.info/images/38emil/38f.jpg

http://www.archiviofotografico.com/Alonso_Chelo/RM30477.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

She's hot yeah, good research JB! :hail:

• Like 1

Pretty sure I've never seen her in anything else. But when you mentioned her I had to find out who she was mainly because she's hot! Half Cuban / half Mexican dancer born in Cuba. After films she started a cat breeding business and opened a 4 star hotel. She's apparently still kicking and is 82 and lives in Siena, Italy.

Hard to explain. It's like a delicate thin dumpling that's in the shape of a crescent. About 5" to 6" long and approximately 3" wide, filled with mashed potatoes, ground beef, herbs, raisins and onions. My next door neighbor is Kurdish and from northern Iraq. Everything she makes is so incredible. The flavors are gentle, yet layered and complex. I'm hooked on Kurdish food. It's outstanding. Healthy and delicate.

It can be such an eye opener tasting food from different cultures. We have adopted something similar into danish food culture. It looks like this:

(sorry about the large image size, but it was the best I could find)

14183331747_1087c1063a_b.jpg

My mom used to make them for lunch for me when I was in primary school :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 2

It can be such an eye opener tasting food from different cultures. We have adopted something similar into danish food culture. It looks like this:

Looks damn tasty. They look like empanadas. What I had yesterday was more dumpling like but not as heavy as a dumpling. It's really hard to explain.

I have some life long friends that are Mexican and I used to love to eat at their Grandmothers' houses. Homemade Mexican is so damn good.

The Kurdish food I've been eating the last few months fits my style. Other than a nice steak or some game, I lean to lighter food. I work with some Iranians too and their food is pretty similar to the Kurdish food I've been eating lately. You can tell they have been cooking for centuries. It's been perfected.

A pretty common shape and filling among different cultures. Taste of course varies. Closest thing in the Philippines might be empanadas.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I've never seen her in anything else. But when you mentioned her I had to find out who she was mainly because she's hot! Half Cuban / half Mexican dancer born in Cuba. After films she started a cat breeding business and opened a 4 star hotel. She's apparently still kicking and is 82 and lives in Siena, Italy.

Even better research! This wins you the TRF Alien award :AlienSmiley: for research that reaches alien levels! :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

A pretty common shape and filling among different cultures. Taste of course varies. Closest thing in the Philippines might be empanadas.

That's a pastie in Michigan. But don't try sticking it on your boobs.

I just ate a Lamb Curry of some description i made (or rather F'd-up ) earlier ..bunged too much meat in the pan at once (stewing) with the sauce having too little onion, too much yoghurt and spicing out of ratio, still, managed to polish-off most of it. Must have done something right as one isn't flatulating profusely as one should be by now !
  • Like 1

Salmon with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, radish, ginger and banana slices.

Just had some butternut squash & chestnut ravolis. Dressed them with lemon olive oil, a little pumpkin spice balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese.

:drool: :drool:

• Like 3