Fly By Night

erm2020

I generally liked the review, but I had two big issues with it:

1. The nerd/Rush connection has been done a million times

2. The nerd/Rush connection was very poorly described

I also have some more minor criticisms (Rivendell is great, the Geddy voice cliches are still cliches, and the criticism of Anthem/Rand was definitely not worthy of someone who is a self-professed gifted nerd.

Still, the album part was largely enjoyable, and even the nerd part was interesting (though far too whiny for my taste).

That blog sucked so hard that it literally made me want to sh*t on my computer.

Rivendell is cool. So is the "philosophical bullsh*t" of Anthem.

Phruck your stereotypical apologies for Geddy's voice of that era as well as Rush's subject matter...and your absolutely lame overused trite unoriginal descriptions.

I don't even think msnbc would hire you...no matter how stereotypically left-wing your blogging style. And, remember...those are the same doo-chez that hired Al Sharpton. "Resist we much"...

Immense failure.

Is this really fair considering everything you said could equally compare with your dire and childish comment about Presto in another thread?

Seriously dude...this blog is by another fan and he had fun writing it!

Yes it's fair, because you can NOT "equally compare" Fly By Night and Pissto...one is great and one has two or three OK songs. You just simply cannot compare "In the End" to "Available Sh*t" as simply contemplating doing so causes a hungry child in a 3rd world country somewhere to be attacked by a rabid polar bear who is upset over global warming.

You're an angry dude, aren't you?

Or maybe you're just 12 years old?

Not a bad review at all, although the Ayn Rand bashing was pretty lame, and completely unnecessary.
  • Like 2

Not a bad review at all, although the Ayn Rand bashing was pretty lame, and completely unnecessary.

Ayn Rand bashing is never unnecessary.

• Like 2

Ayn Rand bashing is never unnecessary.

http://www.anunews.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/aa-liberal-brain-of.jpg

Spaghet, thanks for the laugh! :LOL:

Hi, all -

Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate you giving it a shot, even if you hated it! As a Rush fan, I expected brutal honesty from other Rush fans, and I was NOT disappointed.

I started doing this because I find so much rock criticism (and criticism of arts in general) too impersonal. My kids are getting older, I have free time and I like music and writing, so it seemed like it would be a good hobby.

If you liked it, keep reading! If you hated it, read something else!

erm2020

• Like 3

If you liked it, keep listening! If you hated it, listen to something else!

erm2020

Much can be said for Rush.

Hi, all -

Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate you giving it a shot, even if you hated it! As a Rush fan, I expected brutal honesty from other Rush fans, and I was NOT disappointed.

I started doing this because I find so much rock criticism (and criticism of arts in general) too impersonal. My kids are getting older, I have free time and I like music and writing, so it seemed like it would be a good hobby.

If you liked it, keep reading! If you hated it, read something else!

erm2020

I think we critiqued as self styled writing experts more than rush fans. I took no issue with your opinions of the album which is interesting.

• Like 2

Phruck your stereotypical apologies for Geddy's voice of that era as well as Rush's subject matter...and your absolutely lame overused trite unoriginal descriptions.

I don't even think msnbc would hire you...no matter how stereotypically left-wing your blogging style. And, remember...those are the same doo-chez that hired Al Sharpton. "Resist we much"...

Immense failure.

Looking at your avatar made me want to shit on my computer. :wacko:
  • Like 1

Immense failure.

What do you have against Ross Halfin? That pic is straight from his website...I'm sure Mr. Halfin and Mr. Lee are strong enough in their masculinity that a hugely muff'd naked man standing closely right next to them is no threat. Can you say the same? :wacko:

Here is a link, as you probably don't believe me: http://www.rosshalfi...h-colour55.html

Here's another one of Ross Halfin's pictures that might make alot of people uncomfortable...this time, Mr. Lee is gettin' down with the backside: http://www.rosshalfin.com/rush/rush-bw01.html

Geddy seems fine with it...so don't go poopin' on your computer just yet. That might give Mr. Halfin ideas for the next photo shoot!

Edited by Spaghetti Lee

Immense failure.

Reading that made me poop in laffter

Immense failure.

What do you have against Ross Halfin? That pic is straight from his website...I'm sure Mr. Halfin and Mr. Lee are strong enough in their masculinity that a hugely muff'd naked man standing closely right next to them is no threat. Can you say the same? :wacko:

My masculinity is fine. I also don't need to act like a troll in order to feed a desire for attention. ;)

I don't understand how the image of a naked man makes you two want to defecate so badly. Maybe you misheard the lyrics to "Best I Can" as:

"I like big chests

I made brown breasts

I'm an impatient scat"

I never thought there was such disdain for Ross Halfin.

I don't understand how the image of a naked man makes you two want to defecate so badly. Maybe you misheard the lyrics to "Best I Can" as:

"I like big chests

I made brown breasts

I'm an impatient scat"

I never thought there was such disdain for Ross Halfin.

I don't understand how someones views torwards Fly By Night makes you want to defecate so badly. :huh:
  • Like 1

Immense failure.

Is this really fair considering everything you said could equally compare with your dire and childish comment about Presto in another thread?

I'm afraid I must agree with the Trolltard. The review is excruciating.

Edited by Tony R

Immense failure.

Well color me surprised.

• Like 1

Immense failure.

Well color me surprised.

Meaning what homeboy?

But still a cute squirrel picture.

http://www.zentastic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/dead-squirrel.jpg

Agreed.

• Like 1

Immense failure.

Well color me surprised.

Meaning what homeboy?

Meaning that I'm not at all surprised that you agree with him. Not sure how that wasn't clear. :huh:

Can everybody just put Spaghetti Lee on their ingore lists already?

This.

• Like 1