Presto Poll

Distant Signals

If they HAVE to play something from Presto, the title track. The Pass is good but they did that last tour.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Available Light would go over well live? People talked about Mission being a crowdkiller on the Snakes and Arrows Tour but I think this one would be 10x worse.

Mission didn't kill the crowd nearly as much as Middletown Dreams, Territories, or most of the synth stuff from the first set on the last tour. In fact, Mission played quite well live.

• Like 1

Well, it all depends on how quickly you want to clear the room.

The only song that anyone who isn't more than a casual fan will possibly know is "Show Don't Tell" or (very slightly) possibly "The Ass." The most fun to hear would actually be "Chain Lightning" as it actually isn't that bad (make sure you get the Geddy-sat-on-his-sack "nya nya nya's" right) and would be a fun surprise to hear.

Absolutely avoid "Poopycumdickd'er" unless your audience likes Tears for Fears and embraces their more feminine side.

And, if you want to make the audience wish they were at a seminar on the logistics of insuring plowing equipment in Kansas, play "Whore Taint."

But, if you wish to make the audience think that you're 'in' on the "we can play crappy Rush too" joke, then by all means play "Ass-a-grab (for Man-Ho)" as there are not many finer examples of pure horsesh*t than that steamin' pile.

However, if you want to play songs for the military to give them ideas for songs they can torture terrorist prisoners with, then you can't get much better than either "Red Mountain Fresh Tide with Bleach" or "Ass Insert Fist" as both of those songs will turn ANY brain to drone-like mush.

If you want to please group-think bandwagon fanboys, then by all means bust out an extended version of "Available Sh*t" while the singer cries during the ending.

I don't agree with any of it, but damn it that was a funny read :D

Not really. Sounds like something a semi-erudite high school junior would write while thinking he was being witty.

Maybe I'm missing the humor?

Idk; the existence of a phrase like "group-think bandwagon fanboys" reeks of a newer Rush fan desperate to distance himself from the very identity he's railing against.

Anyhow, to address the OP, see if you can pull off "Scars". Barring that, "War Paint".

SpaghettiLee is a one trick donkey, and that trick is performed in a mexican red light district.

• Like 1

The only song that anyone who isn't more than a casual fan will possibly know is "Show Don't Tell" or (very slightly) possibly "The Ass." The most fun to hear would actually be "Chain Lightning" as it actually isn't that bad (make sure you get the Geddy-sat-on-his-sack "nya nya nya's" right) and would be a fun surprise to hear.

Absolutely avoid "Poopycumdickd'er" unless your audience likes Tears for Fears and embraces their more feminine side.

And, if you want to make the audience wish they were at a seminar on the logistics of insuring plowing equipment in Kansas, play "Whore Taint."

But, if you wish to make the audience think that you're 'in' on the "we can play crappy Rush too" joke, then by all means play "Ass-a-grab (for Man-Ho)" as there are not many finer examples of pure horsesh*t than that steamin' pile.

However, if you want to play songs for the military to give them ideas for songs they can torture terrorist prisoners with, then you can't get much better than either "Red Mountain Fresh Tide with Bleach" or "Ass Insert Fist" as both of those songs will turn ANY brain to drone-like mush.

If you want to please group-think bandwagon fanboys, then by all means bust out an extended version of "Available Sh*t" while the singer cries during the ending.

Not really. Sounds like something a semi-erudite high school junior would write while thinking he was being witty.

Idk; the existence of a phrase like "group-think bandwagon fanboys" reeks of a newer Rush fan desperate to distance himself from the very identity he's railing against.

Anyhow, to address the OP, see if you can pull off "Scars". Barring that, "War Paint".

SpaghettiLee is a one trick donkey, and that trick is performed in a mexican red light district.

Agreed. Get lost and go to the wrong forum? Douche.

I dig The Pass. Title track is very cool and I love Available Light. A lot of emotion in that song and a great chorus. I do agree that it will most likely take the crowd out of it a little. JMO

• Like 1

Chain Lightning
  • Like 1

If they HAVE to play something from Presto, the title track. The Pass is good but they did that last tour.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Available Light would go over well live? People talked about Mission being a crowdkiller on the Snakes and Arrows Tour but I think this one would be 10x worse.

Mission didn't kill the crowd nearly as much as Middletown Dreams, Territories, or most of the synth stuff from the first set on the last tour. In fact, Mission played quite well live.

Can't say for Middletown, I got Limelight at my show. At my show, the crowd actually went apeshit when they played Territories and Analog Kid (especially Analog Kid), though they were pretty calm with The Pass. After Analog Kid and Territories I don't think the crowd went nuts again until Lerxst brought out the 355 for Far Cry.

I agree with you about Mission being played well live, I definitely enjoyed it, but from my experience any Hold Your Fire song that gets played with the possible exception of Force Ten hasn't received much crowd response.

Bring back Lock and Key and maybe that'll get the crowd going!

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

Can't say for Middletown, I got Limelight at my show. At my show, the crowd actually went apeshit when they played Territories and Analog Kid (especially Analog Kid), though they were pretty calm with The Pass. After Analog Kid and Territories I don't think the crowd went nuts again until Lerxst brought out the 355 for Far Cry.

I agree with you about Mission being played well live, I definitely enjoyed it, but from my experience any Hold Your Fire song that gets played with the possible exception of Force Ten hasn't received much crowd response.

Bring back Lock and Key and maybe that'll get the crowd going!

At the shows I went to, Territories was greeted with a "what the f**k is going on?" by the audience. They just didn't get why they were getting their 5th synth song in a row. There was a muted response for "better beer", but more people were getting beer than were interested or at all involved in the song.

The response to the Pass was also muted, but people were engaged, at least.

I didn't know your mami was Mexican...she didn't even clean the room afterwards!!!

:)