Most famous chain restaurants by state

We have 5 guys down here now and they do make a great burger. We also have burger21 which is a hipster version of 5guys.

We had a bunch of whataburgers open down here a few years back and they all seem to have closed. Pretty good burgers and seasonal pies were nice.

You'd think a state as large as Illinois would have a chain that would be known outside of the Midwest.

You'd think a state as large as Illinois would have a chain that would be known outside of the Midwest.

:huh:

how long have you known me? :huh:

I was kidding. What could be more absurd than the notion of the largest damn chain on the damn map not be know outside of the Midwest? ;)

By the way, the first McDonalds is only a few blocks from the church that my wife and I were married in. :)

how long have you known me? :huh:

I was kidding. What could be more absurd than the notion of the largest damn chain on the damn map not be know outside of the Midwest? ;)

By the way, the first McDonalds is only a few blocks from the church that my wife and I were married in. :)

That's what I thought...but I'm a little slow sometimes.

And, hey, it's nice that you could walk right to your reception!

• Like 2

As a resident of Florida I'm baffled by Burger King being especially associated with our state.

Notice its (the banner) located in the central to north part of Florida? Right where all the worlds rednecks live. They should make every county above Palm Beach part of GA. Even GA would most likely reject that part of the country.

As a resident of Florida I'm baffled by Burger King being especially associated with our state.

We should be known for HOOTERS. started right down the road in Clearwater Florida. I know it's not fast food but outback also started here in Tampa.

BK's is headquartered in MyJamMe. hence the FL connection.

OMG, I worked in a BK just outside of Detroit in 1970, It did pretty good biz, especially being across the highway from a White Castle. Of course back then it was a good deal for good food> Defimitely not that now.

Right now the best chain down here is Tijuana Flats-good Mexican food for the price. big sevings, and their giant serve yourself hot sauce bar.

Edited by pjbear05

whataburger.......rock solid

DQ in MN? Thats a Texas chain, there are more DQs than burger kings down here

DQ is headquartered in MN.

So is Old Country Buffet.

DQ>>>>OCB

Not if you're over 80 years old. :LOL:

DQ>>>>OCB

Or weigh over 300 lbs.

Its amazing to see the size of some of the people who graze at OCB! :o

DQ>>>>OCB

Or weigh over 300 lbs.

Interesting OCB fact...there are none of them in Wisconsin; they tried to open a few there but couldn't find a way to make a profit.

• Like 1

We should be known for HOOTERS. started right down the road in Clearwater Florida. I know it's not fast food but outback also started here in Tampa.

BK's is headquartered in MyJamMe. hence the FL connection.

OMG, I worked in a BK just outside of Detroit in 1970, It did pretty good biz, especially being across the highway from a White Castle. Of course back then it was a good deal for good food> Defimitely not that now.

Right now the best chain down here is Tijuana Flats-good Mexican food for the price. big sevings, and their giant serve yourself hot sauce bar.

Did not know about BK but would still prefer hooters. Tijuana flats? I eat there at least once a week. Love the sauce bar Nd they have the best fresh jalapeños of any place I've ever tried. I can't eat those nasty pickled peppers at the movies any more. My go to item is the steak chimichanga loaded and a side of salsa for the chips.

DQ>>>>OCB

Or weigh over 300 lbs.

Interesting OCB fact...there are none of them in Wisconsin; they tried to open a few there but couldn't find a way to make a profit.

:LMAO:

• Like 1

DQ>>>>OCB

Or weigh over 300 lbs.

Must be a group of John Pinnette wannabees.

Edited by pjbear05

Utah gets... Arctic Circle. An absolutely terrible, run-down joint to eat a terrible hamburger. It's everything that is wrong with fast food.

They might have good shakes - I don't partake - but their burgers are remarkably bad.

Maid-Rite for Iowa?

Sounds about right. They're really nothing special. They know how to make loose meat sandwiches like every other high school concession stand. I guess they make some pretty good homemade pies.

It's Iowa. Don't expect much I guess. Meanwhile I'll be eating some of that delicious Taco Bell...

I've yet to experience 5 Guys. There just isn't one anywhere near my area.

Family's possibly taking a vacation back over to Virginia next summer after I get back to England for some Busch Gardens and naval base funsies, so maybe I'll get to try some while I'm over there.

• Like 1

Sbarro in NY? That's not even one of the more popular pizza chains here.

It's funny you never see a Sbarro outside of a Shopping Mall or Airport, you would think they could make it big with options like delivery like most American pizza franchises but, no. Apparently they want to keep that business model. :wtf: Edited by Thebuckeye2112