17 - Best Song From Vapor Trails

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

I like them all but my favorite is defintely Earthshine

Earthshine is my favorite of all, but peaceable kingdom is fanatastic too.

I was surprised that Earthine is the leading song in the vote. BTW I really do not like OLV very much at all, but the reast of this cd is great EPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE THE REMASTERED AND reEQed version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Every song is great, it's probably their most consistently great album ever!!! The production issues made it hard for me to get into when I first bought it and it does take a few listens to take it all in, but once you do you realise it's a masterwork.

Going back to the production, the rhythm guitars rule the recording so much that they drown everything else out a little. The separation between the instruments isn't as pronounced as it should be.

However I've totally got used to it and don't even use the special graphic EQ setting I used to use for it... I'll buy the remaster when they finally put it out though...

It's a monster album!!

Every track is a cracker!!

I've already said something like that already haven't I? hmmm...

I voted for Ceiling Unlimited, but I could vote for all 13 if i did this a post like this every day for two weeks. Having said thatIi have to mention, Secret Touch, Sweet Miracle, Ghost Rider, Freeze, Nocturne, Out of the Cradle, One Little Victory, Earthshine...

Peaceable Kingdom

Although, I love pretty much every song on here... common001.gif

A huge fan of How It Is.... to me it is in many ways a similar message to The Pass, but much more uplifting and upbeat.

I typically think "Earthshine" will be the lasting favorite, but I can't get that driving bass from the intro to "Freeze" out of my head, and Geddy's fantastic layered vocals near the end. There are indeed a number of great tracks on the disc. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (skyswing @ Oct 30 2006, 11:32 PM)
I typically think "Earthshine" will be the lasting favorite, but I can't get that driving bass from the intro to "Freeze" out of my head, and Geddy's fantastic layered vocals near the end. There are indeed a number of great tracks on the disc. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif

2.gif

Earthshine

I hate to say this because the boys have really never made any music that I didn't "like", but at first I really had a lot of trouble warming up to Vapor Trails. wtf.gif

Then...R30 concert...Geddy looked like he REALLY digs this song...I could see that he was having a good time singing and playing it...I liked that about it...and since then, I've found that I can listed to the album all the time... cheer.gif

2.gif

I wasn't walking on water

I was standing on a reef

When the tide came in

Swept beneath the surface

Lost without a trace

No hope at all

No hope at all

sad.gif

Another Rush album suffering from bad sound. angry.gif I've read that many people doesnt like this album. That is just because they are too lazy to listen to the quality of the songs. There are NO FILLERS on VT! 1022.gif

But the sound....... wacko.gif