17 - Best Song From Vapor Trails

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/GeddyFinal.gif Earthshine for me, is the great song of this album.

moonmad.

I've got to go with Secret Touch. That song stands out the most, to me. My favs from the CD are Ghost Rider, Stars Look Down, Vapor Trails (huge), ST (of course), Earthshine (HUGE), and Freeze (F'ing HUGE). Nocturne is also amazing, but for some reason I keep jumping over it cause I can't wait to hear Freeze.

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 24 2004, 11:31 AM)
This choice is very hard. I chose "One Little Victory" because it so EMPHATICALLY stated that Rush is back, Neil is healthy and LET'S GET TO ROCKIN'!! 1022.gif

Well said. For awhile there we weren't sure if they'd give us another one from the studio.

QUOTE (DrumDragon @ Apr 22 2005, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 10:57 PM)
What do you think is the best song from this album?

What can I say?! Im a drummer! One Little Victory! moon.gif

Damned straight! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

NeilFinal.gif

One Little Victoryis like a train. It has an amazing intro. It says RUSH rocking and we are going to knock you on your A$$!!! Simple, Pure Power.

Tough choices, But I like secret touch alot. There is a lot there. The music

just says much about the tension and friction and turmoil, ..and willpower. But, I like to that I can almost see each band member go off in their own experiences and ...come back together, sorta. As if being in the same room, but mentally somewhere else..those lingering thoughts

It is truly original.

I have a (probably unpopular) theory that most of the people who love this album are younger kids who got their start with Rush in very recent years, because speaking as more of a Rush old-timer, with the exception of Counterparts, Rush pretty much stopped making great albums after Hold Your Fire - it pains me to say this being a long time fan, but Vapor Trails, at least by Rush standards, is just a terrible album unsure.gif, and the praise heaped upon it is truly a mystery to me.

I admit really liking One Little Victory when it first came out, and was excited about the album. Unfortunately, it was by FAR the best thing on the album. Anyway, take all this for what it's worth, and obviously IMHO.

Peace,

goober