17 - Best Song From Vapor Trails

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

Freeze+Earthshine had been tied for first with me since I got the album. Once I saw it live, Earthshine was definatly a highlight, but it made me appreciate Freeze more. Earthshine once I saw it live no longer was my own song, it was everybody's who saw it. I still only have ever listened to Freeze by myself, so I get a completely different feeling from it then I do Earthshine now, or even Earthshine when I first bought it to now.

I just love Freeze.

Vapor Trail is my favorite from this album. My grandmother passed away the day it came out, which was the end of a period of a year and a half when I was experiencing much personal loss (house, girlfriend of 7+ years, dog, teeth, blood, etc). As I followed the lyrics the first time through I actually broke into tears. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2
  • Like 1

Peaceable Kingdom! This song is one of my all time favorite! It is barely behind Cygnus!

One Little Victory because that's what I need to have the power to help as many people that I possibly can.

I gotta say OLV

I mean think of the first time you heard this on the radio before it was released on CD

The force of Neil's drum intro coming back for the first time!

I was in awe when I first heard it

And the first song on the album it was a message WE ARE BACK and oh they were so right!

1022.gif

Edited by HAZMAT001

At first it was Ghost Rider (I was reading Neil's book at the time) then Ceiling Unlimited cause it really rocks ...now it's Secret touch after seeing it live...they really put on a clinic when they did it live.....It's gotta be one of the best Comeback albums ever! Though i like to think they'd never really totally went away....

Title cut for me! ...What other rock song can get away with "Stratuspheric traces of our transitory flight" as the opening lines of a song???...

My sister lost her 19year old daughter a few months before this album came out....For me,this album is about her...It was a difficult time, ..."silence all the songbirds killed by the killing frost., forrests burn to ashes, everything is lost"...This whole album will alway be meningful to me.

There are a lot of great tracks on this album...One Little Victory and Secret Touch amoung them...but I had to go with Ghost Rider...lyrics are fantastic and the music is haunting (no pun intended wink.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 24 2004, 08:00 PM)
Vapor Trail is my favorite from this album. My grandmother passed away the day it came out, which was the end of a period of a year and a half when I was experiencing much personal loss (house, girlfriend of 7+ years, dog, teeth, blood, etc). As I followed the lyrics the first time through I actually broke into tears.

Hey dude.... somewhat new to the Forum, and I just read your entry. Sorry you had such a tough year. VT stands out to me as one of strongest tracks from the CD and now it has even more meaning. Thanks for sharing that, bro.

I think I'll go with the Stars Look Down. It was a hard choice though. The entire album was great. One Little Victory and Ghost Rider are also stand outs tracks.