Tai Shan 2015

I've freaking had it with Alex and Geddy especially; their hatred of one of the most relaxing spa songs of the 1980's has gotten way out of hand. Next tour I want to see Neil put his foot down and demand that this song be played.

I want them to play it, enjoy it, and show pictures of the ocean (because that's just what I want) on the screen in the background while Fortune Cookies fall from the roof of the arena. I want to see traditional Chinese dancers in the background come out with a dragon.

Yeah....

• Like 7

I was all set to say no, but you do make some really good points here.
  • Like 5

I am going to have to Google it and listen to it to see what all the hubbub is about. I have avoided it to this point but feel I can no longer..... :outtahere:

I am going to have to Google it and listen to it to see what all the hubbub is about. I have avoided it to this point but feel I can no longer..... :outtahere:

If you have heart problems, listening to it won't be an issue I can assure you. Nothing to get the heart racing that's for sure.

• Like 2

If you have heart problems, listening to it won't be an issue I can assure you. Nothing to get the heart racing that's for sure.

I made it through the first two minutes. I hope I didn't cut it off to soon and miss the "good" part. I knew there was a reason I kind of moved on (musically and with life) after Power Windows. Now it has become abundantly clear to me as to the reason..... :sigh: :|
  • Like 2

Um...I actually really like this song! Buuuut...there are other songs rarely played that I would rather hear (Lakeside Park, Cinderella Man, I Think I'm Going Bald) Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I distinctly remember Lifeson saying he would hurl if he ever had to hear to this song again. That could up the entertainment value.

Pics of the grotesque spectacle would be up on the New World Women board within minutes, with all the girls commenting on how adorable the oaf is when he vomits.

• Like 1

I distinctly remember Lifeson saying he would hurl if he ever had to hear to this song again. That could up the entertainment value.

Pics of the grotesque spectacle would be up on the New World Women board within minutes, with all the girls commenting on how adorable the oaf is when he vomits.

We'd all talk about how we need to help him hold his hair... oh wait... nevermind.

• Like 1

We'd all talk about how we need to help him hold his hair... oh wait... nevermind.

Last I saw his bald spot had filled in.....
  • Like 1

(Un)true story. My husband and I were driving down Highway 1 when Tai Shan started playing, at which point my husband fell asleep and almost drove us off of a cliff.
  • Like 2

F*ck that song all to Hell!

Yes, they should definitely use the time they'd allocate to that song to play the far superior "The Garden".

• Like 6

China sang to me. The words were something like "If you keep going to my buffets, you wont live 100 years"

"China said, 'this is all-you-can-eat not you-eat-all.'"

• Like 1

Chynna sang to me...give us our song back, this is cheese pop, Wilson Phillips style, not Rush music.

It happened to come up in iTunes yesterday. It's not a bad song, it's just not a great :rush: song.

Now, Virtuality—that's a crappy Rush song!

• Like 1

It happened to come up in iTunes yesterday. It's not a bad song, it's just not a great :rush: song.

It's not too bad if you ignore the lyrics...

• Like 4

Virtuality has really dated lyrics, but I think it's really good! Better than Tai Shan (although I do really like Tai Shan) Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

It's not too bad if you ignore the lyrics...

My one gripe about people hating on Test For Echo. This isn't the case for a lot of people and I am in no way generalizing, but I really hate it when people take a dump on T4E because they don't like the majority of the lyrics.

The focus of this album was the instrumentation. Back to the classic progressive hard rock they are widely known for from '76-'81 period.

I will say however, that I think Dog Years does suck hard. But man, I do like Virtuality :haz: THAT RIFF

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2