Limelight on next tour

YYZumbi

I just heard this song from Canada '81 (a soundboard bootleg from Moving Pictures Tour) and I have never really think about it before, but Limelight is a really awesome song! I hope they play it on next tour!

Limelight is not awesome it has epic status.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Limelight is not awesome it has epic status....

Agreed. I consider it overplayed, although I don't dislike it the way I do Tom Sawyer (which is also overplayed).

• Like 1

Agreed. I consider it overplayed, although I don't dislike it the way I do Tom Sawyer (which is also overplayed).

I agree. I think they're both overplayed but they are good songs.

• Like 2

I agree. I think they're both overplayed but they are good songs.

Well, they're overplayed simply because everyone that isn't a super-fan will come to the concert to hear those songs. Even if I hated both songs (which I don't) I'd be incredibly confused and paranoid leaving a concert without hearing them. The two have virtually become staples!

• Like 2

I would actually be disappointed if I went to a Rush concert and they didn't play Tom Sawyer/TSOR/Limelight. To me that's like eating Thanksgiving dinner and there's no mashed potatoes.
  • Like 2

They didn't play it last tour...so why won't you want to hear it?

There was about a 50% chance you were gonna get Limelight on the CA Tour. Otherwise you were gonna get either Middletown Dreams or Body Electric.

I'm not a huge fan of Limelight. That one and Freewill are the "big hits" that I can take or leave for the most part. I'm not really sure why that is. They are both fine songs, but I just don't really care about them too much.

I still haven't gotten sick of Tom Sawyer though. I still really love that song.

• Like 1

Limelight if they play it, this forum will be split. about half the people on here will bitch and the other half will be ok with it, give or take a few. :LOL:

I think that goes for any song of theirs! :P

• Like 1

Limelight if they play it, this forum will be split. about half the people on here will bitch and the other half will be ok with it, give or take a few. :LOL:

I think that goes for any song of theirs! :P yeah there is times I cant figure out if this is a rush fan site or anti rush site lol, maybe they can put their brilliant minds together and make ged's voice to their liking and neil mr. social guy so they can all thumbs up on facebook and while they're at it take care of alex's sausage fingers ( I am pretty sure I seen that on here somewhere not too long ago)

Limelight should return. YYZ is the song from MP that should take a rest this tour. Replaced with an Extended version of Mal-Nar!

Aaahhh!! NOOOO!!! Leave YYZ alone!

Edited by Disk98

Limelight should return. YYZ is the song from MP that should take a rest this tour. Replaced with an Extended version of Mal-Nar!

How about they just play both...?

Or better yet, replace MalNar with The Main Monkey Business.

• Like 1

We've heard YYZ on the last three tours. In everyway imaginable.. Give some of the other Instrumental a chance. Mainly Limbo, Mal-Nar and TMMB. Actually I would prefer if they recorded two new Songs / Instrumental for the 2015 tour (ala TTMT).

:drool:

We've heard YYZ on the last three tours. In everyway imaginable.. Give some of the other Instrumental a chance. Mainly Limbo, Mal-Nar and TMMB. Actually I would prefer if they recorded two new Songs / Instrumental for the 2015 tour (ala TTMT).

I might trade YYZ for La Villa Strangiato, but that's about it.

• Like 1

I'm Ok with that as long as its the entire version with Acoustic intro. I have always felt it we be great if they would play all of LVS after an acoustic Solo by Alex.

I'm Ok with that as long as its the entire version with Acoustic intro. I have always felt it we be great if they would play all of LVS after an acoustic Solo by Alex.

That's not a bad idea. I think it'd work as one of the last three songs after the drum solo, y'know, where they put their crowd-pleasers. Sandwich it between Natural Science and Tom Sawyer or something.