x1yyz

Okay so, Clockwork Angels is definitely in my top 5, if not higher. Personal favourites are as follows:

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

Carnies

but I absolutely love all of them!

Apart from The Garden, Wish Them Well and BU2B2. Sorry but these last three don't do much for me :ph34r:

• Like 4

Okay so, Clockwork Angels is definitely in my top 5, if not higher.

Good answer! ;)

Personal favourites are as follows:

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

Carnies

Apart from The Garden, Wish Them Well and BU2B2. Sorry but these last three don't do much for me :ph34r:

Interesting...

Well, I love them all! Pound for pound, it's their best album in 25 years.

In my opinion. :cool:

• Like 4

Clockwork Angels came out almost exactly two years ago. I loved it at first listen and must have heard it 25 times in the couple weeks that followed. At the time I considered it to be in my top 5 Rush albums, and possibly in my top 3, but I did wonder if it would stand the test of time.

I listened to CA a lot in the months after it was released and although I've heard individual songs as they've popped up on iTunes it's been 6-12 months since I've listened to it in its entirety. (I'll often take a break from albums after hearing them 10, 50, or 100 times so I don't get burned out.) This last weekend I travelled to visit a friend and thought this would be a good time to revisit CA and see if it stood the test of time. You know what? It did, for me at least. I listened to the album 5 or 6 or 7 times and I was still excited about it. I think it's a phenomenal album.

What about you? Have you listened to Clockwork Angels lately? Has it stood the test of time for you?

well, so far it has. May 8th was my 1st exposure.

Look , I have a signature now! And look what else I can do!

:rose: :musicnote : : angel:

• Like 2

Clockwork Angels came out almost exactly two years ago. I loved it at first listen and must have heard it 25 times in the couple weeks that followed. At the time I considered it to be in my top 5 Rush albums, and possibly in my top 3, but I did wonder if it would stand the test of time.

I listened to CA a lot in the months after it was released and although I've heard individual songs as they've popped up on iTunes it's been 6-12 months since I've listened to it in its entirety. (I'll often take a break from albums after hearing them 10, 50, or 100 times so I don't get burned out.) This last weekend I travelled to visit a friend and thought this would be a good time to revisit CA and see if it stood the test of time. You know what? It did, for me at least. I listened to the album 5 or 6 or 7 times and I was still excited about it. I think it's a phenomenal album.

What about you? Have you listened to Clockwork Angels lately? Has it stood the test of time for you?

well, so far it has. May 8th was my 1st exposure.

Look , I have a signature now! And look what else I can do!

:rose: :musicnote : : angel:

• Like 1

I beleive it sounds good but it is a challenge to listen to. Not exhausting like VT But a challenge. There are lots of dynamics there.

Lots of dynamics? More like no dynamics.

>>> http://dr.loudness-w...lbum/view/71503

I'm not talking about the DR values of the mastering. I'm speaking of dynamics in the traditional sense.

Can't agree on that either. I think they were playing it pretty safe with this album. Very traditional songwriting, hardly any challenges taken, whether compositionally or instrumentally. But then again they haven't really been ambitious for decades, with the slight exception of Vapor Trails. That was different, that wasn't just Rush like usual, they took a risk to change their sound again. Sure, it's not a masterpiece or anything, but at least it was fresh and modern sounding, not like an old band doing a throwback album like Clockwork Angels. That never works, because it's never as great as the classics.

Okay so, Clockwork Angels is definitely in my top 5, if not higher. Personal favourites are as follows:

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

Carnies

I agree that CA is great, but.....dude....not liking The Garden? It is the biggest goosebump song on the whole record:)

My favs are Caravan, BU2B, Anarchist, Headlong Flight, Garden. I also really like Wish Them Well.haha!

• Like 1

To be honest I was so exited the first bunch of times I listened to it and The Garden and Halo Effect really stood out. There is some good stuff there but honestly the more I heard it the less I thought of it overall. The difficulty with the production and just "listening" being the main problem. 75% of the material is good too and the two songs I mentioned are all timers. I really did want to love it too... Edited by Narps

I still like it. Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist and Headlong Flight are up there as some of the best songs they've written, and the rest (aside from Wish Them Well & BU2B2) are good to great.

Although... I think The Garden is a decent song, but if the album was just 9 songs and ended with Headlong Flight it would have been a better whole package. Either way, the best album since Power Windows.

• Like 1

Either way, the best album since Power Windows.

I sort of agree with this although excluding the last 2 songs I think HYF is better and a much more pleasant "listen". Beyond that certainly agreed...

Still top 5 for me. Have had a "Rush month" listening to all the albums again and CA is still a solid top 5 for me... Hemispheres, Pictures, Waves, Windows, Angels.

Mine would probably be: Waves, Pictures, Signals, GUP, Angels, VT Remix, Windows.

• Like 1

I don't know if i am the only one who thinks this, but BU2B seems really over hatted here, favorite song off the album.

I love it. From the time they first released the first two singles, I always thought it reminded me of GUP in the solo section. The intro they added later made it even better.

• Like 2

I don't know if i am the only one who thinks this, but BU2B seems really over hatted here, favorite song off the album.

Yeah, it's a song of many hats
  • Like 3

There is not a single moment on this album that isn't a win for me.

I'd say that about Vapor Trails (original) and Snakes and Arrows too.

I can almost say that about those albums. I do love them, there are a few things to nitpick but overall very solid for me.

• Like 1