x1yyz

Here's the money shot

my adobe flash plugin is out of date so I can't see that. I have a hunch that's a good thing.

Put it to you this way...it's not a bull castration

someday the courage will find me

Still love the album, in spite of its alleged sonic flaws (which I am blessed not to hear/be bothered by). I waited 30 years for Rush to unpack and dust off their 70s souls to create the kinds of sounds that made me fired up for them in the first place.
  • Like 4

Still love the album, in spite of its alleged sonic flaws (which I am blessed not to hear/be bothered by). I waited 30 years for Rush to unpack and dust off their 70s souls to create the kinds of sounds that made me fired up for them in the first place.

I don't hear the supposed flaws either. All I hear is awesome.

Also, mmm, donuts.

• Like 2

I really like this album, easily a top 10 for me. But I do notice how it sounds on my stereo and it hurts my ears after a little bit. The vinyl fixes this issue for the most part so it's pretty awesome if you can listen to it that way

I really like this album, easily a top 10 for me. But I do notice how it sounds on my stereo and it hurts my ears after a little bit. The vinyl fixes this issue for the most part so it's pretty awesome if you can listen to it that way

Can you explain the "hurts your ears" part? I don't understand exactly what that means.

Or maybe a lifetime of listening to amplified music has damaged my hearing ;)

"Hurts your ears"which i am sure is referring to the "loudness war"which has been dicussed a zillion times here there and eveywhere.Love the album better than the last two,VT and SAA,but the production is a bit of overkill.Phil Spector has a lot to answer for,and i am not refering to any cimes he has committed.
  • Like 1

"sucks bumholes"...? Talking about the album that has Ceiling Unlimited and Earthshine? I remember buying Vapor Trails at the record store, opening it outside at a bench, putting it in my discman, and walking back to work. One Little Victory I had already heard on the radio. When Ceiling Unlimited came on I stopped dead. People had to go around me and I didn't care. I may have been hit by a bus or something, I can't remember. I didn't care. All I knew was that my Rush was back.

Ceiling Unlimited is top tier Rush in my book. Tremendous song. Much of VT is in the same boat for me. Earthshine, Vapor Trail, How It Is, Secret Touch, Freeze are all classics to me.

Love Vapor Trails, a top 7 album for me with Hemispheres, Pictures, Waves, Windows, Angels and Counterparts.

I'd buy a "cleaner" remix, still think it's a better than average Rush album.

It's better than an average Rush album.

It isn't better than a great Rush album.

Clockwork Angels came out almost exactly two years ago. I loved it at first listen and must have heard it 25 times in the couple weeks that followed. At the time I considered it to be in my top 5 Rush albums, and possibly in my top 3, but I did wonder if it would stand the test of time.

I listened to CA a lot in the months after it was released and although I've heard individual songs as they've popped up on iTunes it's been 6-12 months since I've listened to it in its entirety. (I'll often take a break from albums after hearing them 10, 50, or 100 times so I don't get burned out.) This last weekend I travelled to visit a friend and thought this would be a good time to revisit CA and see if it stood the test of time. You know what? It did, for me at least. I listened to the album 5 or 6 or 7 times and I was still excited about it. I think it's a phenomenal album.

What about you? Have you listened to Clockwork Angels lately? Has it stood the test of time for you?

Good Lord!

I can't stand it now. Every song sounds the same. ACRUSHDC

Horrific.

"Snakes And Arrows" has withstood the test of time.

"Test For Echo" and "Vapor Trails" are like CA.

You are three out out! TIME TO PUNT!

Signed,

The Oakland Raiders

• Like 1

I can take it or leave it not one of their classics, last decent album was Roll The Bones.

Wow Lock! You've got Caress Of Balls Syndrome. I'm impressed with that pick.

That's not for me but I love it. Oxymoronic?

The last great Rush album is "Counterparts."

"Snakes And Arrows" perhaps.

Signed,

"We Hold On"

Why the hell they never played that song I will never know.

Same with "Available Light." Damn.

Can't have it all!

Oh shit man, I always wanted "Alien Shore" live.

Fuckked again but in love.

That's gonna be my new song.

8 of 12 songs on here are very good. Still loving it.

Caravan, BU2B, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, Carnies, Halo Effect, The Wreckers, and Headlong Flight are the 8.

• Like 2

8 of 12 songs on here are very good. Still loving it.

Caravan, BU2B, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, Carnies, Halo Effect, The Wreckers, and Headlong Flight are the 8.

I also really like SSOG. Always been one of my favorites on the album. The Garden is ok, you had to close with it. Sometimes you need a song that waps everything up and the Garden does that.

I beleive it sounds good but it is a challenge to listen to. Not exhausting like VT But a challenge. There are lots of dynamics there. The concept though, I dont get it and prbably never will. But I dont care its a very good album.

Joining this thread late. When CA came out, I listened to it constantly. Over time, like every album, I have filtered it down to my faves:

In no particular order.

CA

BU2B

Headlong

Wreckers

Anarchist. -my favorite by far.

Anarchist is the song that made me pick up the bass again after 20 years. It's the song that made me feel excited about the band again, after the mess of SNA. Anarchist.... I said on the CA tour that it would be an opener. There you go. The song is pure gold in my opinion..... as of today 657 plays in iTunes. That solo part when Geddy jams on the Taurus Pedals never gets old....

BU2B is right behind it at 548. (I actually like the single version of this song better... the keyboard part in the mix works for me).

But overall CA is a great album, IMHO. The most 'Rush-like' record since CP, and a great comeback after SNA.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I dig most of the album. Love Headlong Flight, Anarchist, Caravan, BU2B, Carnies, and the title track. Halo Effect, Seven Cities, Wreckers, and Garden fall into the just okay group for me. Wish Them Well is the only song I just don't like.
  • Like 1