Rush vs Kansas

Rushman14

Why are people making comparisons to Soringsteen? The two are not alike, so what is the point? I don't have to like Kansas, so I voted for Rush. What is the point of bringing Springsteen into the picture, its just silly?

Didn't say you had to like Kansas. Just stating the fact that I like both compared to your hero. :D

ok...fair enough. Lol I am overprotective of my man The Springster...

Kansas honestly disappointed me. Hoped to be blown away, but it was boring. I played The Point Of No Return.

Hard to judge a band by one song. It's like listening to Rush and only listening to Tai Shan.

I played an entire album! THE POINT OF NO RETURN!!

Arg...i don't like them! Aaaaaaaarg!

Voted Rush. But both bands are awesome.

Ok so I'm confused. Here ya say both bands are awesome. Yet now you really don't like em? Scratching my head. Quit playing with my mind man, lol

Mick

Ok so I'm confused. Here ya say both bands are awesome. Yet now you really don't like em? Scratching my head. Quit playing with my mind man, lol

Mick

Kansas aren't my thing, but I admire their talent and skill so if they won I think I would have little room to complain!

• Like 1

Mick

Kansas aren't my thing, but I admire their talent and skill so if they won I think I would have little room to complain!

oh ok.....I just got major mixed signals there......no pun intended lol

Mick

Mick

oh ok.....I just got major mixed signals there......no pun intended lol

Mick

Thats cool! I will return to Kansas again sometime and see if they grow on me. I just wasn't moved by the album I chose!

• Like 1

Kansas are in my top 5 or at least top 10. Part of me thinks the quality of Kerry Livgren's writing was as good or better than Rush for a short time. Steve Walsh was an amazing singer in his prime but his best performances were not on his own material, but on Livgren's. Kerry and Steve were quite good on piano and organ, respectively. Phil Heart is an excellent rock drummer but not in the same league as Neil, Bruford, etc. They had some very good acoustic and electric guitar playing by Livgren and Rich Williams, but not hall of fame playing. I credit most of their success to Livgren's writing. Robbie Steinhardt saidvthat unless he had a writing credit, his violin part was written out for him to play and I wonder if all the other parts were set in Livgren's compositions. As others have said, Livgren's writing became less interesting when his spiritual search ended, and Kansas lost steam. I enjoy most of the albums from Power onwards, but it' s not the same.

such different bands though. both great in their own way.

Mick.

P.s. I might like Steve Walsh's vocals better though :outtahere:

Mick

Geddy's voice is not just or only unique but that is most of the draw to it. It was for me anyway 38 years ago. His voice is no Steve Perry, Paul Rodgers, Lou Graham, Freddie Mercury etc.... :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Mick.

Mick

Geddy's voice is not just or only unique but that is most of the draw to it. It was for me anyway 38 years ago. His voice is no Steve Perry, Paul Rodgers, Lou Graham, Freddie Mercury etc.... :ph34r:

I agree. Oh no mistaking I love geddy's voice. But I have to be in the mood for it. I enjoy that he toned it down starting with Permanent waves.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick.

Mick

I agree. Oh no mistaking I love geddy's voice. But I have to be in the mood for it. I enjoy that he toned it down starting with Permanent waves.

Mick

That's funny. I prefer it when its balls out like on ATWAS. But I am old I readily admit..... :codger: :D
  • Like 2

Mick.

Mick

Mick

That's funny. I prefer it when its balls out like on ATWAS. But I am old I readily admit..... :codger: :D

That's cool. It just is preference. I'm just inot as big a fan of helium banshee Geddy. But i admire it. boy do i admire it, lol

Mick

• Like 3

Mick.

Mick

Mick

That's cool. It just is preference. I'm just inot as big a fan of helium banshee Geddy. But i admire it. boy do i admire it, lol

Mick

Well, vocals don't have to be traditional to be awesome. Look at your avatar! ;)

• Like 1

Mick.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Well, vocals don't have to be traditional to be awesome. Look at your avatar! ;)

Ah Mr. Waits...yes. and he's my fav artist bar none.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick.

Mick

Mick

How many times do you have to mention ATWAS? We get it

Mick.

Mick

Mick

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

ATWAS

• Like 2

Mick.

Mick

Mick

At least one or a hundred times too many for you at least. Apologies for the annoyance....

Don't apologise!

Just my way. I guess its pretty near impossible to get around here for any decent length of time without annoying at least a few people along the way.... :) Edited by Narpski

Don't apologise!

Just my way. I guess its pretty near impossible to get around here for any decent length of time without annoying at least a few people along the way.... :)

Let people get annoyed! I mention once I don't like Kansas and the whole world sits on my face.

• Like 1

Did someone mention A Farewell To Kings???

Did I ever mention that I happen to like that song Xanadu? :)

Again? Geez!..... :D
  • Like 1