Rush vs Kansas

Rushman14

Dust In The Wind was my high school senior class song. I am torn on this one... :codger:

Don't Look Back was ours. And so many of those same f*ckers who voted for that song wind up going to every last goddamn class reunion!

I can't remember what ours was, but I do know that I wanted Deja Vu and it didn't win.

I have no idea ours either, but I do know our prom was Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. Seriously.

You young showoff..... :)

Dust In The Wind was my high school senior class song. I am torn on this one... :codger:

Don't Look Back was ours. And so many of those same f*ckers who voted for that song wind up going to every last goddamn class reunion!

I can't remember what ours was, but I do know that I wanted Deja Vu and it didn't win.

I have no idea ours either, but I do know our prom was Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. Seriously.

You young showoff..... :)

In our defense, we did have it in the main pavilion at the Milwaukee County Zoo :)
  • Like 2

Kansas saved me from hair metal bondage . I was never the same after hearing Glimpse of Home. They are actually my true favorite band . Sorry RUSH you're no Kansas .Truely a spectacular band up unto 1982.

Kansas saved me from hair metal bondage . I was never the same after hearing Glimpse of Home. They are actually my true favorite band . Sorry RUSH you're no Kansas .Truely a spectacular band up unto 1982.

You shitthead

• Like 1

You shitthead

You've disgraced the name of Rush forever...get the f*ck off this site

• Like 1

You shitthead

Sorry...got a little carried away there

• Like 1

You can't be serious… Kansas had a few outstanding albums that I like very much, but their body of work does not even come close to approaching any legitimate comparison to the greatest band ever.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

You can't be serious… Kansas had a few outstanding albums that I like very much, but their body of work does not even come close to approaching any legitimate comparison to the greatest band ever.

You are right. I can't be.... :D
  • Like 1

I am not torn. Just another bad match up. I never vote for this kind of stuff any way.

BTW, "The Wall" is my favorite Kansas tune! :cool:

That's a very good song, but "Nobody's Home" is my fav Kansas tune.

I'm sure all of the folks on the Kansas Forums would be happy to hear that. :bitchslap:

I would have guessed it was Blowing In The Wind.

Or Three Coins in a Fountain.

or 9th symphony 4th movement...

or 9th symphony 4th movement...

Good1... :LOL:

I am not torn. Just another bad match up. I never vote for this kind of stuff any way.

BTW, "The Wall" is my favorite Kansas tune! :cool:

That's a very good song, but "Nobody's Home" is my fav Kansas tune.

Yeah,

That's a good tune. But "The Wall" has an emotional attachment that will never go away. :cheers:

• Like 1

Come Sail Away came in second..... :)

My class song was stairway to heaven, which is ironic since it was announced today Zeppelin is being sued for plagiarizing it.

That's so funny. It was mine too.

• Like 1

Rush will win the poll and no matter how many attack me for posting my love for the band Kansas. Kansas to me is a better band . Sure they have been basically over as a band since 1980 and tried in vain to recapture their former glory .But as a band the truth is I listen to them WAY more then I listen to RUSH.

Rush will win the poll and no matter how many attack me for posting my love for the band Kansas. Kansas to me is a better band . Sure they have been basically over as a band since 1980 and tried in vain to recapture their former glory .But as a band the truth is I listen to them WAY more then I listen to RUSH.

Yes, but these are the RUSH forums, not the Kansas forums. The difference is that here, nobody really gives a rat's arse how much you do or don't listen to Kansas.

• Like 2

Yes, but these are the RUSH forums, not the Kansas forums. The difference is that here, nobody really gives a rat's arse how much you do or don't listen to Kansas.

I don't think he's serious. Do you? I do agree with him though that there is little worse than watching a band trying to recover a glory they once had.

• Like 1

I don't think he's serious. Do you? I do agree with him though that there is little worse than watching a band trying to recover a glory they once had.

I think he's serious. He's allowed to like another band more than Rush, and is allowed to state as much -- even here on a Rush board. But a person opens themselves up for criticism if they state those "other band more than Rush" opinions in a trollish manner -- which I do not think patjnev is doing up there. However, we have the following:

You shitthead

patjnev, remember what I just said about stating things in a trollish manner? "Sorry RUSH you're no Kansas" is an opinion you're allowed to have, but you had to know the reaction it would get when you typed that on a Rush board. You're allowed to state that opinion, but others are allowed to call you out for it as long as they don't go over the top -- like yyz211282 did in the above exchange.

yyz211282, nice of you to offer that little apology there at the end, but it doesn't erase what preceded it, which was uncalled for and far more trollish than anything patjnev said. You're not allowed to talk to people like that here, and you don't have the right tell anyone to "get the f*ck off this site."

• Like 1

I think he's serious. He's allowed to like another band more than Rush, and is allowed to state as much -- even here on a Rush board. But a person opens themselves up for criticism if they state those "other band more than Rush" opinions in a trollish manner -- which I do not think patjnev is doing up there. However, we have the following:

You shitthead

patjnev, remember what I just said about stating things in a trollish manner? "Sorry RUSH you're no Kansas" is an opinion you're allowed to have, but you had to know the reaction it would get when you typed that on a Rush board. You're allowed to state that opinion, but others are allowed to call you out for it as long as they don't go over the top -- like yyz211282 did in the above exchange.

yyz211282, nice of you to offer that little apology there at the end, but it doesn't erase what preceded it, which was uncalled for and far more trollish than anything patjnev said. You're not allowed to talk to people like that here, and you don't have the right tell anyone to "get the f*ck off this site."

Can you darn them to heck?
  • Like 4