Ace Frehley: New Album SPACE INVADER - Ace Enlists KISS 'Destroyer' Cover Artist KEN KELLY

treeduck

It's great! Ace's voice sounds amazing on every track and he sounds YOUNG, like he's 25. The songs do sound very like his first solo album and there's some different stuff too. It's a pretty powerful album as well, the guitars are particularly riff-heavy during TOYS which is like something from Creatures of the Night, like an Ace song from that album if he never left the band. It's a pretty metallic album, well produced too. The Steve Miller cover the Joker is better than the original in my opinion. There's many good songs on there, no clunkers really either, including plenty of space-themed tunes and an instrumental at the end. You need the album!! And get the deluxe edition the logos are cooler and the package is better!
  • Like 3

I have my copy!! I HAVE IT!! :banana: :yay:

The deluxe edition with poster and much cooler logos plus extra tracks! :banana: :banana: :banana: :guitar: :NP: :blaze:

I have mine ordered through Amazon so it'll be here next weekend. ..maybe ?

Great review Treeduck, thanks!

Nappy...if you ordered it through Amazon, it comes with "Autorip", which means you can download (a free digital copy in addition to your physical copy) it from Amazon on Tuesday.

Oh cool ..I've had a few that way , but didn't remember that this one was that way.

:7up:

Great review Treeduck, thanks!

Nappy...if you ordered it through Amazon, it comes with "Autorip", which means you can download (a free digital copy in addition to your physical copy) it from Amazon on Tuesday.

Got an email this morning and listening now. :dweez:

It's great! Ace's voice sounds amazing on every track and he sounds YOUNG, like he's 25. The songs do sound very like his first solo album and there's some different stuff too. It's a pretty powerful album as well, the guitars are particularly riff-heavy during TOYS which is like something from Creatures of the Night, like an Ace song from that album if he never left the band. It's a pretty metallic album, well produced too. The Steve Miller cover the Joker is better than the original in my opinion. There's many good songs on there, no clunkers really either, including plenty of space-themed tunes and an instrumental at the end. You need the album!! And get the deluxe edition the logos are cooler and the package is better!

Holy crap you're high...! :D

Holy crap you're high...! :D

Do you like the album? :unsure:

It's not a competition to me, but I will say this: Ace is like Ringo. Ringo is great as a drummer and singing a song on a record, but he's better in The Beatles. Ace doesn't need to be the only songwriter, singer, frontman, etc. Ace is like a good SNL skit...perfectly funny and charming over five minutes, but that magic is lost when instead that perfection is stretched into a 90 minute film. 12 Ace Frehley solo tunes is 9 too many....and I LOVED him in Kiss.

It's not a competition to me, but I will say this: Ace is like Ringo. Ringo is great as a drummer and singing a song on a record, but he's better in The Beatles. Ace doesn't need to be the only songwriter, singer, frontman, etc. Ace is like a good SNL skit...perfectly funny and charming over five minutes, but that magic is lost when instead that perfection is stretched into a 90 minute film. 12 Ace Frehley solo tunes is 9 too many....and I LOVED him in Kiss.

Gene and Paul don't want him in KISS though, and haven't for decades, what's he supposed to do retire?

Oh sure, his 78 Kiss album is awesome. Nothing he's done since comes close to this. I can make ONE excellent record of the best tracks in his post Kiss solo career.

And no, he shouldn't retire...but he's better as a player in a band where he's the compliment and not the front man....and thus my Ringo or "in small doses' comment.

Oh sure, his 78 Kiss album is awesome. Nothing he's done since comes close to this. I can make ONE excellent record of the best tracks in his post Kiss solo career.

And no, he shouldn't retire...but he's better as a player in a band where he's the compliment and not the front man....and thus my Ringo or "in small doses' comment.

It's a bad comparison Ace is more like George, Ringo wrote about one or two Beatles tunes and they both sucked and he couldn't sing for shit. Ace wrote a good many cool KISS tunes and his contribution to KISS is way bigger than Ringo's contribution to the Beatles. If Ringo had not ever been in the Beatles would the Beatles have been much different? i doubt it.

Except that George had the full talent to front a band. ;)

As a KISS fan I'm surprised you're not an Ace fan. I suppose you see things the way Gene and Paul see things and you're loyal to the KISS founder members.

And for the record Ace Frehley's band is every bit as good as any of George's bands. George was more talented as a guitarist and a song writer but i don't remember his bands being all that good or lasting that long either.

I recieved the LP+CD Bundle of the album today and listen to it right now. I love it!!! It's completeley amazing!! Ace Frehley as solo musician is, in my opinion, FAR better than Kiss of today!

I still support Kiss , but wish Ace was in the band. I happy at least that Eric Singer is there.

Ace's new one is getting better with each listen and I can honestly say I like much more than Monster.

• Like 2

BB Kings in NYC on 24 & 25 November!

Any TRFers up for night out in the city?

Ace Frehley Anounces Touring Lineup and Fall Tour Dates to be Announced Next Week

http://www.acefrehley.com/ace_news/images/ace-rings-blue.jpg

Hot off the heels of the monster debut of Space Invader, Ace Frehley has announced his touring lineup for the first leg of tour dates, his first U.S. shows in four years, which will be announced next week. Frehley adds comment:

"I can't wait to hit the road again with this new lineup. I'll be performing Ace classics as well as songs off my new CD 'Space Invader' for the enjoyment of the fans. Let There Be Rock!"

The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee has tapped none other than Richie Scarlet, who rode shotgun performing rhythm guitar and vocal duties on Ace’s “Trouble Walking” platter in 1989, and will do so again on stage. Ritchie toured with Ace in 1984 and 1985 and periodically from 1989 through 1995 and was also known for touring with Sebastian Bach.

On bass and vocals Chris Wyse from Queens, NY will man the post. Previously recording with Ozzy Osbourne and playing on Mick Jagger's 2001 solo album, Chris is well known as the bass player from The Cult since 2006. Chris can also be heard on Frehley's new release, Space Invader on select tracks. He also covers bass duties in his current band, Owl.

Finally, Scot Coogan will be behind the drum kit for Frehley's upcoming tour. An Ace Frehley touring band veteran in his own right, Scott was also a member of Nikki Sixx’s Brides of Destruction recording and touring band in 2004 and Lita Ford’s touring drummer in 2012.

Ace Frehley recently made history with his new album Space Invader, which debuted at #9 on the Top 200 Chart in its week of release. The LP scored the highest charting position of ANY Kiss solo album ever, and marks Frehley's first return to the Top 10 since KISS's 1998 Pyscho Circus reunion album. Internationally, Space Invader has debuted #1 on the Independent Chart and #16 on the Top 200 Chart in Canada, Top 40 in Switzerland and Sweden, and hit a historic benchmark for the first time ever as a solo artist in Germany.

Space Invader, Frehley's first studio album in five years, has also received praise from critics. Rolling Stone wrote, "Gene Simmons has claimed Ace Frehley doesn't deserve to wear Kiss' Kabuki clown paint, but the former Spaceman's first solo LP in five years says otherwise," while Associated Press hailed, "...the original Kiss lead guitarist has recorded his best solo album since his groundbreaking self-titled album in 1978." Paste also confirmed, "Space Invader is a good rock album, and it’s an even better guitar record."

Frehley stopped by The Tonight Show prior to his album release to sit in with legendary house band The Roots to perform his classic hit "New York Groove." Watch here.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

BB Kings in NYC on 24 & 25 November!

Any TRFers up or night out in the city?

Ace Frehley Anounces Touring Lineup and Fall Tour Dates to be Announced Next Week

http://www.acefrehley.com/ace_news/images/ace-rings-blue.jpg

Hot off the heels of the monster debut of Space Invader, Ace Frehley has announced his touring lineup for the first leg of tour dates, his first U.S. shows in four years, which will be announced next week. Frehley adds comment:

"I can't wait to hit the road again with this new lineup. I'll be performing Ace classics as well as songs off my new CD 'Space Invader' for the enjoyment of the fans. Let There Be Rock!"

The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee has tapped none other than Richie Scarlet, who rode shotgun performing rhythm guitar and vocal duties on Ace’s “Trouble Walking” platter in 1989, and will do so again on stage. Ritchie toured with Ace in 1984 and 1985 and periodically from 1989 through 1995 and was also known for touring with Sebastian Bach.

On bass and vocals Chris Wyse from Queens, NY will man the post. Previously recording with Ozzy Osbourne and playing on Mick Jagger's 2001 solo album, Chris is well known as the bass player from The Cult since 2006. Chris can also be heard on Frehley's new release, Space Invader on select tracks. He also covers bass duties in his current band, Owl.

Finally, Scot Coogan will be behind the drum kit for Frehley's upcoming tour. An Ace Frehley touring band veteran in his own right, Scott was also a member of Nikki Sixx’s Brides of Destruction recording and touring band in 2004 and Lita Ford’s touring drummer in 2012.

Ace Frehley recently made history with his new album Space Invader, which debuted at #9 on the Top 200 Chart in its week of release. The LP scored the highest charting position of ANY Kiss solo album ever, and marks Frehley's first return to the Top 10 since KISS's 1998 Pyscho Circus reunion album. Internationally, Space Invader has debuted #1 on the Independent Chart and #16 on the Top 200 Chart in Canada, Top 40 in Switzerland and Sweden, and hit a historic benchmark for the first time ever as a solo artist in Germany.

Space Invader, Frehley's first studio album in five years, has also received praise from critics. Rolling Stone wrote, "Gene Simmons has claimed Ace Frehley doesn't deserve to wear Kiss' Kabuki clown paint, but the former Spaceman's first solo LP in five years says otherwise," while Associated Press hailed, "...the original Kiss lead guitarist has recorded his best solo album since his groundbreaking self-titled album in 1978." Paste also confirmed, "Space Invader is a good rock album, and it’s an even better guitar record."

Frehley stopped by The Tonight Show prior to his album release to sit in with legendary house band The Roots to perform his classic hit "New York Groove." Watch here.

Are you going?