Your second favorite band?

YYZumbi

Rush will always be my number one. I'm not going to drop them for some other band I listen to for a while, since I always come back to Rush. No other band has made me feel the way Rush has and still does, so they'll always be at the top.

All that said, I don't even know who I'd put second. Artist-wise, I'd probably say Tom Waits. But I don't know about bands...

• Like 3

Sadly, I have to say Rush. It is unfortunate, because the band in the #1 slot went down the tubes thirty years ago, but they played such a key role in my teens and twenties.

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

I bought one of their albums recently. Really good stuff!

• Like 1

Sadly, I have to say Rush. It is unfortunate, because the band in the #1 slot went down the tubes thirty years ago, but they played such a key role in my teens and twenties.

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

I see you like a lot of classical music. If you don't already have it, get Days of Future Passed or a DVD of the concert they did in 1991 or 1992 at Red Rocks - I think the name of it is The Moody Blues at Red Rocks. Isn't that an original title? :)

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

I see you like a lot of classical music. If you don't already have it, get Days of Future Passed or a DVD of the concert they did in 1991 or 1992 at Red Rocks - I think the name of it is The Moody Blues at Red Rocks. Isn't that an original title? :)

Ok. I bought On The Threshold Of A Dream. Its quite a beauty!

• Like 2

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

I have the same #1 and #2 as you!

• Like 1

If I were to go by the current scrobble count on my Last.fm, it should be Katatonia, but in reality it's Steven Wilson (this includes his work as Porcupine Tree obviously, and practically everything else he's done period). After him and :rush:, ranking favorites ceases to become relevant to me the older I get and the more I find myself discovering too much "new" music that I could possibly indulge in at a time.
  • Like 1

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

I have the same #1 and #2 as you!

I didn't think I would find a counterpart here.

Who is number one?

The Moody Blues

Wasn't expecting that... at all.

I was, I think she's mentioned it before

I can't even settle on a first favorite band these days. Rush will probably always be near the top for me, I just keep going back.

Right now, I'm unhealthily obsessed with St. Vincent. Next week, who knows?

thought that said saint vitus and got excited

Excited?

Did you clear the room and drop your drawers?

:LOL:

I was in the process of that anyway, regardless of dscrapre's post

in all seriousness though, st vitus is awesome. me and EW77 (who doesn't really post anymore) are the only people here who like them/seem to know who they are. most TRFer's wouldn't like them though, their production's not very pristine and they've never played with steve vai, mike portnoy or steven wilson so they're not on anyone's to-listen list. ;)

I am not a massive fan of Steve Vai, Mike Portnoy or Steven Wilson.

So I will try some St. Vitus and promptly get back to you!

I am not a massive fan of Steve Vai, Mike Portnoy or Steven Wilson.

So I will try some St. Vitus and promptly get back to you!

I won't..... :codger:
  • Like 1

St. Vitus: didn't blow me away first listen but not too bad...I can see why you love them Bathory! Great riffs, decent vocalist, and I quite like the shoddy production.
  • Like 1

St. Vitus: didn't blow me away first listen but not too bad...I can see why you love them Bathory! Great riffs, decent vocalist, and I quite like the shoddy production.

Another Segue Myles review brought to you by the members of The Rush Forum!

Remember folks, when in doubt, check with Segue. He won't mislead you.

:)

I have no idea if this is sincere or not. But you are a sweetie pie!

I have no idea if this is sincere or not. But you are a sweetie pie!

Yes she is..... :)