Rush vs Journey

Rushman14

Rush is crushing Journey but vote anyway.

Rush vs. Journey – Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame Semifinals

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-journey-hall-of-fame/

The semifinals of the May installment of the Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame have begun, with Rush taking on Journey for the right to move on to the finals of the 100 percent fan-voted contest.

Every month, our readers will decide which of eight legendary artists or bands will be honored for their contributions to the genre. In the first round, Rush defeated Judas Priest by a very small majority, taking 51 percent of the vote.

Even with one of the most devoted fanbases in rock, Rush will have a tough challenger in Journey. The Bay Area rockers, who made some of the biggest era-defining anthems of the ’70s and ’80s, easily took care of Ted Nugent, 62 to 32 percent.

Both have lead singers with big noses and nice long dark hair. End of comparison.
  • Like 1

Before I was a Rush fan, I was a major Journey fan (and still am). In many ways, this would be a tougher decision for me. And yes, Geddy looks a lot like Steve Perry in "The Trees" video from Chronicles.

Got my vote in! I'm really surprised it's that lopsided. I also do like some Journey songs (for the most part the earlier the better). Also, Neil Schon had a solo album a while back called 'Late Night' that had some pretty good stuff on it. But I certainly agree that comparing Journey to RUSH is pretty laughable.

Don't stop believing in Rush. Though the wheel in the sky keeps on turning, the stars look down. It's Journey between the wheels. Carve away the stone, but don't fall stone in love. A sweet miracle kept us from our separate ways—faithfully faithless. Whose crying now—these tears? We're loving, touching, squeezing no matter which way the wind blows. Both bands are driven, so still they ride through the night. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

The pre Steve Perry prog stuff was cool also.

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/3968/cover_85628102009.jpg

• Like 2

I hate it when two bands I like are up against each other, but I had to go with my Canadian boys and vote for Rush.
  • Like 2

Don't stop believing in Rush. Though the wheel in the sky keeps on turning, the stars look down. It's Journey between the wheels. Carve away the stone, but don't fall stone in love. A sweet miracle kept us from our separate ways—faithfully faithless. Whose crying now—these tears? We're loving, touching, squeezing no matter which way the wind blows. Both bands are driven, so still they ride through the night.

Hold onto that feelin'.

• Like 2

By the way, I don't know the correct terminology to use to ask this question, so forgive me please, but does anyone here know the range of Steve Perry's voice?

Don't know about the range of his voice, but here's a video that shows his range as an actor.

I remember that one from the old MTV days. I never cared for him but I did love that one album Escape. They did to Steve Perry what they wanted to do with Rush in the seventies and what Rush fought against. I remember when I saw Journey in concert, he was prancing around on the stage in a white coat with tails and white pants. Too, too....you know? Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Which Journey is in the running—the pre- or post-Steve Perry band? (Not that I would have voted for either over Rush, for what it's worth.)

I saw Journey live 3 times in the very early 80's. Not gonna lie, I enjoy Journey music. Infinity is their best in my view. Feel'in That Way/Anytime gets me going every time. The vocal combo of Perry and Rolie was damn good.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

I saw Journey live 3 times in the very early 80's. Not gonna lie, I enjoy Journey music. Infinity is their best in my view. Feel'in That Way/Anytime gets me going every time. The vocal combo of Perry and Rolie was damn good.... :)

yeah, on the "Departure" album, they team up again on "Someday Soon" with Rolie leading of course. And I think both Rolie and Schon do vocals with Steve on "People and Places".

Journey is responsible for the greatest music video ever made.

I didn't know Journey was involved in the making of the Superconductor video!! That's crazy

Journey as a band is actually pretty comparable to Rush, as far as the musicianship goes.. Schon and Steve Smith are both monster players.. But they sold their soul .. I enjoy me some Journey, but they aren't on the same level as Rush
  • Like 1