New Slash album with Myles Kennedy expected September 2014

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!
  • Like 1

Didn't AlterBridge just release a new album sometime within the last 6 months? Did they tour behind it?

They did, and I was mighty impressed with it! And as for more Myles and Slash...we are being spoilt!

My only gripe is that I still feel AB should be putting more effort into promotion for Fortress, it seems to have been largely forgotten already when it is such a beautiful rock album!

But more Myles is always good news...

• Like 1

By the way, if you like his work with Slash, you should find plenty to enjoy with Alter Bridge, if you haven't already.

Didn't AlterBridge just release a new album sometime within the last 6 months? Did they tour behind it?

Alter Bridge hasn't really done much touring yet in the US for the new album and they'll probably be doing festivals in Europe this summer. So it might be a little while before Myles heads out with Slash again.

Alter Bridge hasn't really done much touring yet in the US for the new album and they'll probably be doing festivals in Europe this summer. So it might be a little while before Myles heads out with Slash again.

I was more wondering if Alter Bridge was touring for their new album, when Myles would have had time to work on this album with Slash.

I was more wondering if Alter Bridge was touring for their new album, when Myles would have had time to work on this album with Slash.

Well, the timeline was this. Bear with me here. Fortress came out in October, AB did a headlining tour in Europe (did seven arena shows, with six of them in the UK, and various music halls) in October/November. Myles/Slash/Conspirators, then, started pre-production out in December/January. I heard rumors that AB was going to do a West Coast tour, earlier in the year, (which would have me a very happy man), but that did not pan out well. Instead, they were slotted to do South America/Japan/Australia around February/March. Allegedly, the South America tour did not pan out due to promoters/agents not agreeing and crap like that, but they did get to go to Australia for Soundwave and did four shows in Asia (two in Japan).

Afterwards, AB took most of March off and Myles went to record with Slash/Conspirators with Michael Elvis Baskette (Alter Bridge producer) as the producer. They got everything in the recording process done around early April. AB went back to do a short headlining tour (11 shows) in the US along with some US Festivals. They will head to Europe to do summer festivals (including doing the Download Festival in the UK where they are 2nd on the top of the bill, right behind Aerosmith for the day).

AB will do two small festival shows in the US in July, but for the most part, Slash/Myles/Conspirators will tour July/August/parts of September with Aerosmith and will do a few headlining gigs in the US. The album will be out in September, they may play headlining shows in Europe in late Fall.

As for Alter Bridge in the rest of 2014? I have no idea, honestly. I'm hoping they will head to the West Coast in early fall and play a show in LA where I can finally go see them for the 1st time and do Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Chile, etc.) since, well, those fans there, as the fans that they should be in that area, are frothing and want to see them as well.

That was a mouthful to say.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

Well, the timeline was this. Bear with me here. Fortress came out in October, AB did a headlining tour in Europe (did seven arena shows, with six of them in the UK, and various music halls) in October/November. Myles/Slash/Conspirators, then, started pre-production out in December/January. I heard rumors that AB was going to do a West Coast tour, earlier in the year, (which would have me a very happy man), but that did not pan out well. Instead, they were slotted to do South America/Japan/Australia around February/March. Allegedly, the South America tour did not pan out due to promoters/agents not agreeing and crap like that, but they did get to go to Australia for Soundwave and did four shows in Asia (two in Japan).

Afterwards, AB took most of March off and Myles went to record with Slash/Conspirators with Michael Elvis Baskette (Alter Bridge producer) as the producer. They got everything in the recording process done around early April. AB went back to do a short headlining tour (11 shows) in the US along with some US Festivals. They will head to Europe to do summer festivals (including doing the Download Festival in the UK where they are 2nd on the top of the bill, right behind Aerosmith for the day).

AB will do two small festival shows in the US in July, but for the most part, Slash/Myles/Conspirators will tour July/August/parts of September with Aerosmith and will do a few headlining gigs in the US. The album will be out in September, they may play headlining shows in Europe in late Fall.

As for Alter Bridge in the rest of 2014? I have no idea, honestly. I'm hoping they will head to the West Coast in early fall and play a show in LA where I can finally go see them for the 1st time and do Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Chile, etc.) since, well, those fans there, as the fans that they should be in that area, are frothing and want to see them as well.

Damn, I wonder if Myles sometimes forgets what band he's playing with and what part of the world he's in. The mans plate is as full as it can be.

Pretty thorough detective work.

What's amazing is that all the songs (if memory serves) on Apocalyptic Love were credited to Slash and Kennedy. If this album is the same, and assuming the songs on the AB album are credited at least in part to Myles, when does he find time to write?

^^ On the road, I presume. The guys like Mark Tremonti, Myles, Slash, those are the guys that are really driven by playing the guitar on the road, in their off-time, etc. and that the ideas would come naturally which I presume is the reason why Slash/Myles/Conspirators would want to do an album so soon after doing Apocalyptic Love, two years ago.

^^ On the road, I presume. The guys like Mark Tremonti, Myles, Slash, those are the guys that are really driven by playing the guitar on the road, in their off-time, etc. and that the ideas would come naturally which I presume is the reason why Slash/Myles/Conspirators would want to do an album so soon after doing Apocalyptic Love, two years ago.

I think it's pretty clear Slash is in the process of stealing Myles from AB. I listened to Apocalyptic Love on the train ride home today. Damn I love that album. I'd put Standing in the Sun up there with anything Slash did with any other vocalist.

If Myles can't be had, I'd be OK with Slash convincing Andrew Stockdale to drop the Wolfmother facade.

All right, I found some official news on this one.

10374208_10203873088373473_1810197360_n.jpg?oh=e74982a737cd7f1f4aa183df852cc0fe&oe=53862868&__gda__=1401313932_2502eec3aaba3db2c00eb008a7be5c9c

Title: World On Fire

Release: Sept 15th

First single "World On Fire" to be released on June 16th

1. World on Fire

2. Shadow Life

3. Automatic Overdrive

4. Wicked Stone

5. 30 Years to Life

6. Bent to Fly

7. Stone Blind

8. Too Far Gone

9. Beneath the Savage Sun

10. Withered Delilah

11. Battleground

12. Dirty Girl

13. Iris of the Storm

14. Avalon

15. The Dissident

16. Safari Inn

17. The Unholy

WORLD ON FIRE is available four weeks in advance of the UK general release as a Classic Rock Fanpack, which consists of

• The Full Album

• 116 page magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Slash, the band, producer Michael Baskette and cover artist Ron English. A Slash and Myles track-by-track breakdown. Exclusive pictures from the recording sessions as well as a brand new shoot, competition and much more.

• Giant double sided A1 poster

• Metal Pin Badge

Source

They got a Europe tour to kick it off.

Mon 10th Nov Dublin, O2 Arena - IRELAND

Wed 12th Nov Paris, Le Zenith - FRANCE

Sat 15th Nov Basel, St. Jakobshalle - SWITZERLAND

Sun 16th Nov Turin, Palaolimpico ' ITALY

Mon 17th Nov Florence, Mandela Forum ' ITALY

Wed 19th Nov Vienna, Stadthalle ' AUSTRIA

Thu 20th Nov Krakow, Krakow Arena ' POLAND

Sat 22nd Nov Munich, Zenith ' GERMANY

Sun 23rd Nov Cologne, Palladium ' GERMANY

Mon 24th Nov Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall ' THE NETHERLANDS

Wed 26th Nov Brussels, Forest Club ' BELGIUM

Fri 28th Nov Manchester, Phones 4U Arena ' UK

Sat 29th Nov Leeds, Leeds Arena ' UK

Mon 1st Dec Birmingham, LG Arena ' UK

Tue 2nd Dec London, Wembley Arena ' UK

Thu 4th Dec Glasgow, Hydro Arena - UK

ALl right, November 10th is the 1st date. Hopefully, AB has got some US shows in late September/October arranaged beforehand so I can go to one.

This is so exciting!

Buuut...I wish Myles would focus on Alter Bridge. Sorry, but his best work is with Tremonti, not Slash.

I prefer Alter Bridge myself, as much as I admire Slash as a player. I think Myles voice just works better with AB's musical style.

But another Slash album with Myles is better than nothing. But yeah...Alter Bridge any day of the week lol!

I prefer Alter Bridge myself, as much as I admire Slash as a player. I think Myles voice just works better with AB's musical style.

But another Slash album with Myles is better than nothing. But yeah...Alter Bridge any day of the week lol!

Oh of course...! Hey, in the age of YEARS between projects, the more often the better baby!

• Like 1

Oh of course...! Hey, in the age of YEARS between projects, the more often the better baby!

Again...I WANT MORE ALTER BRIDGE! Four albums and two DVD's in ten years is not enough to satisfy my AB needs! I do love them.

I will say this, I am not the biggest fan of Myles' vocals on the last Slash album. I can't explain why, it just lacked the emotion that moves me to action with his work The Mayfield Four or AB. I liked it, but for some reason he doesn't seem to connect as much, even though he sounds like he is having a tremendous amount of fun! But I think in spite of this, Slash is lucky he found a voice as great as his to perform his music.

Again...I WANT MORE ALTER BRIDGE! Four albums and two DVD's in ten years is not enough to satisfy my AB needs! I do love them.

I will say this, I am not the biggest fan of Myles' vocals on the last Slash album. I can't explain why, it just lacked the emotion that moves me to action with his work The Mayfield Four or AB. I liked it, but for some reason he doesn't seem to connect as much, even though he sounds like he is having a tremendous amount of fun! But I think in spite of this, Slash is lucky he found a voice as great as his to perform his music.

Interesting. I see it exactly the opposite. I picked up a couple of AB albums after loving Slash's first album and Made in Stoke. Myles is great, but the music sounds pretty uninspired, IMO. Slash is a phenomenal songwriter, and Myles is the kind of talent that really makes the material jump.

I can't wait to see them in NH in July.

Interesting. I see it exactly the opposite. I picked up a couple of AB albums after loving Slash's first album and Made in Stoke. Myles is great, but the music sounds pretty uninspired, IMO. Slash is a phenomenal songwriter, and Myles is the kind of talent that really makes the material jump.

I really disliked AB for two years before the music clicked with me. I thoughtbit was generic until something just made sense and blew me away!

I really disliked AB for two years before the music clicked with me. I thoughtbit was generic until something just made sense and blew me away!

Yeah, that's sort of how it has been for me. There's nothing wrong with AB's material, it just isn't special to me. Part of the problem is probably that Creed did absolutely nothing for me.

Give Slash credit, he's no dummy. People can (properly) hate the way Axl and Weiland conducted themselves, but they were great vocalists in their respective times. Slash knows how to pick great singers to collaborate with.

I hate Creed. Eugh.

Honestly, Alter Bridge are nothing like that...travesty...