Geddy's Wine Cellar

Cygnus 2112

But have you seen the cellar in Alex's old house? It wasn't nice at all, they just took an old sauna room and put wine racks in. I'm pretty sure Geddy is going to have his renovated soon after seeing Alex's new one.

Yes, Alex just built a new multi-million dollar house a couple of years back. Geddy is (last I heard...not that I am a stalker or anything) still in the same house he and his wife bought back in the mid '80's. I, personally, prefer Geddy's cellar. It just seems more...I dunno...genuine? Like he has it there because he REALLY loves wine and not just so he could look like the upper 1%. Just my humble opinion. :huh:

I confess I am a bit of a snob, I live in the heart of a wine producing region in California and I've seen some beautiful cellars. People who are into wine here take it pretty seriously, I even have a co-worker that shares a house with roommates so he pays for temperature controlled wine storage. Alex's doesn't even look close to what a 1 percenter would have as much as it does the typical custom cellar of a millionaire that really appreciates his wines. So compared to some of the cellars I've seen, Geddy's is really basic, I think he could do his wines more justice by upping his game a bit, especially considering that some of those bottles cost $1,000 and up, he should give them a swanky home, hahaha. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and warm but there is something really sexy and more thought-out about Alex's new cellar.

That could just be the Alex girl in me talking though; he's been slowly wooing me over to his side since late 2012.

You're right, it is. I love that dark wood. His floor is nicer too.

In Geddy's cellar I'd go down and choose a bottle of wine and then go back up to the kitchen, but in Alex's I'd do things naked and drink the wine down there.

You're right, it is. I love that dark wood. His floor is nicer too.

In Geddy's cellar I'd go down and choose a bottle of wine and then go back up to the kitchen, but in Alex's I'd do things naked and drink the wine down there.

I think that would depend on what the rest of the house looked like. :LOL:

• Like 1

Geddy's is cool...

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/coverpics/CityBitesAprMay2005b.jpg

photo-thumb-13554.jpg?_r=1392785864

Why did you crop the wine bottles out of your avatar?

Edited by andreww
  • Like 1

:LOL: Yes, Eagle - we demand to know why you cropped the wine bottles out!

Who the hell is looking at the wine? Any time I'm around Geddy I develop tunnel vision.

• Like 2

Who the hell is looking at the wine? Any time I'm around Geddy I develop tunnel vision.

I'm with you, Gangst, but someone here wants to know why the wine bottles were taken out of the avatar picture.

We'll leave it to Eagle to explain it to him. :rfl:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I'm with you, Gangst, but someone here wants to know why the wine bottles were taken out of the avatar picture.

We'll leave it to Eagle to explain it to him. :rfl:

I see Geddy and my brain is all like "most beautiful man eva, right ahead..." And then I'm pretty sure my eyes get glazed over and I just look like a damn fool.

• Like 2

There was an article not too long ago where charlene gave a tour of their new house with the designer. There is a really nice pool and a carpet made out of ties. I can't locate the article. But it also gives information on his wine room.
  • Like 1

That happens to me at every gig. I try really hard to look at the others at least some of the time, but I seldom succeed. I refer to that as "Geddy-blindness." :LOL:

• Like 2

Would you get a Geddy seeing eye dog? I wonder if insurance would cover that?

Yes, and I wonder if you could get one of those special parking permits as well.

Does that particular permit allow you to park in front of Geddy's house? ;)

• Like 3

Because I drank them all. :LOL:

• Like 2

That's right, and since we didn't want to hurt Geddy's feelings, we used his picture.

I don't think hurt would be the accurate adjective to use for Geddy if you did indeed drink all of his wine.

• Like 1

That's right, and since we didn't want to hurt Geddy's feelings, we used his picture.

I don't think hurt would be the accurate adjective to use for Geddy if you did indeed drink all of his wine.

Well, we couldn't very well show him in a wine cellar with no wine, could we? How would that make him look? It was very thoughtful of Eagle to save Geddy the embarrassment by cropping the picture. :hi:

• Like 3

That happens to me at every gig. I try really hard to look at the others at least some of the time, but I seldom succeed. I refer to that as "Geddy-blindness." :LOL:

I am SO GLAD I am not the only one. I like to take pictures at concerts (when I am close enough) and it's so damn strange that I get hundreds of Geddy and only ten or twelve of the other two guys...what are their names again? :P

• Like 2