2112 - All The Worlds A Stage

earth2112shine

Just listened to All The Worlds a Stage, especially 2112.

Man that was great, really missed Geddy's vocal Whooo Yeeeaahh during the early part of Overture.

It took me right back to being a kid I first discovered :rush:

Nice little trip down memory lane. Have any old :rush: songs taken you back?

• Like 1

You just listened to the best from the best. They have never recorded anything better than ATWAS. Just one middle aged man's opinion.... :codger:
  • Like 1

Hey Narpski, ATWAS is really good, really raw, great guitar bass n drums Rock

Another middle blokes opinion :codger:

Really, really great in my opinion. The first and best LP I ever bought. I started at the very top..... :codger:
  • Like 1

You just listened to the best from the best. They have never recorded anything better than ATWAS. Just one middle aged man's opinion.... :codger:

It's a strong argument. And, I certainly agree with your statement if I'm only counting their live albums. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon002.gif

:cheers:

• Like 1

I definitely share your love of ATWAS.

I say this often, but ATWAS and Unleashed In The East by Judas Priest are the best live albums known to man.

:codger:

Edited by Rushman14

Still need to hear it

Still need to hear it

Same here. I usually don't listen to live albums. The crowds are annoying unless you're there being one of them.

I say this often, but ATWAS and Unleashed In The East by Judas Priest are the best live albums known to man.

I only think Strangers In The Night even comes close for me. I would put it right behind ATWAS and in front of If You Want Blood You've Got It then JP...... Just my opinion :codger: I have them all
  • Like 1

I only think Strangers In The Night even comes close for me. I would put it right behind ATWAS and in front of If You Want Blood You've Got It then JP...... Just my opinion :codger: I have them all

Strangers is definitely top 5 :haz:

• Like 2

Still need to hear it

Same here. I usually don't listen to live albums. The crowds are annoying unless you're there being one of them.

:o :banghead:

Strangers is definitely top 5 :haz:

You have great taste my brother.... :cheers: For me Yessongs is up there too...
  • Like 1

No. Live and Dangerous , Thin Lizzy is superior IMO.

Those were (and probably still are) my older brother's two favorites. Mine has always been ATWAS and The Song Remains the Same, despite the latter's commonly noted defects (they never bothered me).

• Like 1

2112 on ATWAS is sheer awesomeness.

I will also add that Bytor on ATWAS is spine-tingling and bone-chillingly incredible. Alex + guitar + volume pedal + delay makes Jimmy Page and his bow look like child's play. I honestly think Bytor on ATWAS is one of, if not THE, best live performances Rush has ever recorded.

Edited by dakota2112
  • Like 1

Now this is my kind of thread. Just got off of work and after reading all the posts I feel like they are all mine. :D If it wasn't for ATWAS back in 77' I know for a fact I would not be the fan I am today. :rush: Edited by troutman

No. Live and Dangerous , Thin Lizzy is superior IMO.

I love both but I have to go with Strangers. :cheers:

• Like 1

Hey Narpski, ATWAS is really good, really raw, great guitar bass n drums Rock

Another middle blokes opinion :codger:

Really, really great in my opinion. The first and best LP I ever bought. I started at the very top..... :codger:

It was my first album as well but I recieved mine for free. :D :rush:

• Like 1

" I honestly think Bytor on ATWAS is one of, if not THE, best live performances Rush has ever recorded. "

My feeling exactly. Have always thought this. The feeling of space Alex creates in the atmospheric middle is amazing. And then to follow that with In the End. Can't get any better.

ATWAS was my first taste of Rush not long after it came out. A friend of mine who was prone to playing a snippet of a song, then going "OH, you gotta hear this" then playing another snippet (all freaking night long!!) had this and said "you're a drummer right? you need to hear this guy" then dropped the needle on Working Man and actually let it play the whole way through! I was addicted, and the next day had my mom order it from Columbia House!