"Man on the Silver Mountain" cover

So yeah...shameless promotion of my flesh and blood, but I think he's pretty great.

This is his cover of Rainbow's "Man on the Silver Mountain," my 16 year old, Kerry, on all instruments, recorded, mixed and synced on his laptop.

http://youtu.be/kVh9xmBt1Mw

• Like 12

Reminds me of, um, me! :) I had no video camera when I was 16. Nor the internet. Didn't get a crappy 4 track until I was 18.

Great kid!

Awesome :haz:

I agree! :haz: :)

I saw this right after he finished it, and it's still impressive. Scary good, especially for a self-taught high schooler. It kills me that he's so relaxed and loose on each instrument.

It meant a LOT to him to get your stamp of approval, Uncle 1001. :cool:

Reminds me of, um, me! :) I had no video camera when I was 16. Nor the internet. Didn't get a crappy 4 track until I was 18.

Great kid!

I agree with that too! And that's quite a compliment. :7up:

Oh, and he just used an old iPhone to record the video.

Whoa - wait, he is SELF-TAUGHT on everything? I know he's had some instruction on drums, but that is so impressive! He's seriously gifted. Amazing.

Whoa - wait, he is SELF-TAUGHT on everything? I know he's had some instruction on drums, but that is so impressive! He's seriously gifted. Amazing.

:) He is self-taught, yes. The only instruction he's had in percussion is school band, starting in middle school.

Thanks for watching it. He's never happier than when he's playing.

That is so good! Been a while since I've seen him play. He is growing up so fast! And 1001 is right, he looks so relaxed.

Thx for posting. Great song! I really enjoyed listening.

Good to hear from you!

Holy one-man-band, batman!

He is incredibly talented. It's amazing to me that he is all self-taught. Unbelievable. But, not surprising, given who his mamma is. Super, mega genetics, and all that stuff. :)

Patch and Sunny were glued to the video, and Patch wants to know what his set-up is so he can record like that.

Holy one-man-band, batman!

He is incredibly talented. It's amazing to me that he is all self-taught. Unbelievable. But, not surprising, given who his mamma is. Super, mega genetics, and all that stuff. :)

Patch and Sunny were glued to the video, and Patch wants to know what his set-up is so he can record like that.

:heart:

Thanks sis. :hug2:

Is Patch on FB? If so tell him to friend Kerry so they can talk musician-talk. :haz: I'll tell Kerry to watch out for him.

• Like 1

Wow - that was really impressive!

Thanks man! I think so too! :)

Kerry had to do a school project (after his last summer reading assignment, One Writer's Beginnings by Eudora Welty) about a personal talent and how it's been nurtured, and had to do a "visual interpretation" of same. He came up with this idea and I love it - maybe someday we'll see something like this inside his debut album notes. Ha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/25e058cd-5806-49a9-aff1-f0d42f8acf25_zpsdabd5c59.jpg

Awesome GG. Great tune too. Blackmore needed sidekicks to do that. Just saying.

:haz:

• Like 1