Leaving TRF

hobo73

I will no longer be an active poster on the forums. I have had it with so-called friends, and people who will find any reason to insult others. Not just insults towards me, but to others on here.

However, I will keep my account because there are people on here I love dearly, with every ounce of my being and not all those people have facebooks.

I apologize if people misread my posts, but I will never apologize for criticizing others when they asked for it by posting something hurtful in a public forum.

If anyone wants my facebook or email, PM me as I will check it daily.

I leave this place confident in myself, happy in how I stood my ground, and by saying.....I wish you all the best, and I hope some serious reflection will take place at some point for some of you.

I hope some serious reflection will take place at some point for some of you.

You first. Seriously.

Definitely.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen this much projection from one person.

• Like 3

I will no longer be an active poster on the forums. I have had it with so-called friends, and people who will find any reason to insult others. Not just insults towards me, but to others on here.

However, I will keep my account because there are people on here I love dearly, with every ounce of my being and not all those people have facebooks.

I apologize if people misread my posts, but I will never apologize for criticizing others when they asked for it by posting something hurtful in a public forum.

I leave this place confident in myself, happy in how I stood my ground, and by saying.....I wish you all the best, and I hope some serious reflection will take place at some point for some of you.

Aww...please don't. Sometimes things are said, often in context, often taken out of context, that are harsh, but regrettable. I am sure those who have offended you feel they have a right to say what they did, but perhaps regret the things said or how they said it, knowing they have hurt you.

I have depression and OCD which means oftentimes I over analyse everything people say to or about me, and often it causes me great pain. But who amongst us can put our hands up and say we are blameless? And who truly joined this forum looking to fall out. We all have a great love of Rush, various types of other music, individual personalities, nationalities and backgrounds. I can honestly say, we all get annoyed. Heck, I got overly annoyed by the Toto bashing at one point, but then again, I mock those who hate Caress Of Steel!

Fair enough, minor complaints, but individuals who have offended you very likely felt the heat of the moment.

Please don't leave over arguments, after all, Rush fans are practically best buds! You are my musical buddy...even if it is true Springsteen makes your skin crawl...

• Like 4

Hi Hobo, I haven't looked into that thread that upset you but try not to get emotionally involved on here, it never works, communication is a bitch! Always try to keep a sense of humour and keep it lite is usually the best policy. It's true there are a few on here that like to push buttons but you soon learn how to handle them. Anyway, once you've let the dust settle a while I hope you make it back. I've always liked your enthusiasm and have enjoyed your posts, you will be missed if you decide to sever.

• Like 3

Hi Hobo, I haven't looked into that thread that upset you but try not to get emotionally involved on here, it never works, communication is a bitch! Always try to keep a sense of humour and keep it lite is usually the best policy. It's true there are a few on here that like to push buttons but you soon learn how to handle them. Anyway, once you've let the dust settle a while I hope you make it back. I've always liked your enthusiasm and have enjoyed your posts, you will be missed if you decide to sever.

I think you got it partially right. Nobody was pushing any buttons, but she definitely needs to learn how to have an adult conversation.
  • Like 3

Steevo always threatens to leave the forum after another argument about which is the best Priest or Maiden album! :joker: :smoke: :hi:

• Like 3

Steevo always threatens to leave the forum after another argument about which is the best Priest or Maiden album! :joker: :smoke: :hi:

...or when anyone says Zep were shit live! :LOL:!! :ph34r:

• Like 2

:LOL:

• Like 1

:LOL:

:16ton:

• Like 2

Nobody was pushing any buttons, but she definitely needs to learn how to have an adult conversation.

Granted, I don't know what conversation or thread sparked the original post, but this comment seems uncalled for. If the OP is upset because of a comment made elsewhere then telling her "to have an adult conversation" does not help anything; it is condescending and is not the way to have a proper an adult conversation.

Before you make any more comments, it would be best if you read the through the threads in question. Seriously.

• Like 4

I am going to take one last shot at this because I think you deserve it. I being new to the whole internet thing I am surprised still all the time and this is no different. As I believe Steevo said something about your enthusiasm got my attention when I first joined here. I thought we were friends and everything seemed ok to me. Truth is the more posts of yours I started to read the more I was questioning what you were about. This was over a few months. That fateful day when you were in the SOCN digging deeper and deeper about not judging, I as a person who likes you and thinks of you as a "friend" figured I better try to help you. I couldn't agree with you because in my view (and of course many others) you were wrong on so many levels. I tried to post in and help you to stop the bleeding but you ignored me too and kept on going. You have done the same since more than once and of course Monday and today. I hope you read this and really think long and hard about whats happened and why. These folks here don't hate you and want the worst for you. I truly believe they want to help and you but you are just to stubborn to allow it or admit that you are flawed as we all are. Your comments have gotten to the point were they almost seem like a put on because it seems no rational person could think this way. You don't have to respect your elders I guess just because they are your elders but you might want to just consider maybe they know more than you because of their life experiences. Some people like myself really just want to help and have no agenda. Seems you won't allow it however. Good luck to you either way.... :rose: :( Edited by Narpski
  • Like 8

Whenever a thread like this one pops up, I'm always at a lost as to what happened. Anyway, I offer a sincere good luck.

That's because you and John your brains are slowly coming out of your nose on the end of those tweezers.

Brains coming out with tweezers up the nose = lack of forum awareness

http://beatlesnumber9.com/johnanimated.gif

Nobody was pushing any buttons, but she definitely needs to learn how to have an adult conversation.

Granted, I don't know what conversation or thread sparked the original post, but this comment seems uncalled for. If the OP is upset because of a comment made elsewhere then telling her "to have an adult conversation" does not help anything; it is condescending and is not the way to have a proper an adult conversation.

Before you make any more comments, it would be best if you read the through the threads in question. Seriously.

Agreed. X1yyz you might want to read the material in question and use your own judgement. This is not some rogue asshole member calling names. I certainly know the difference because its happened to me here before. As hard as it is to believe, not everybody here likes me either.... :D Edited by Narpski

Whenever a thread like this one pops up, I'm always at a lost as to what happened. Anyway, I offer a sincere good luck.

That's because you and John your brains are slowly coming out of your nose on the end of those tweezers.

It's possible, I guess.

Okay, I just read the other thread and deleted my comment.

Sorry to get caught up in drama :(

• Like 4

I am going to take one last shot at this because I think you deserve it. I being new to the whole internet thing I am surprised still all the time and this is no different. As I believe Steevo said something about your enthusiasm got my attention when I first joined here. I thought we were friends and everything seemed ok to me. Truth is the more posts of yours I started to read the more I was questioning what you were about. This was over a few months. That fateful day when you were in the SOCN digging deeper and deeper about not judging, I as a person who likes you and thinks of you as a "friend" figured I better at try to help you. I couldn't agree with you because in my view (and of course many others) you were wrong on so many levels. I tried to post in and help you to stop the bleeding but you ignored me too and kept on going. You have done the same since more than once and of course Monday and today. I hope you read this and really think long and hard about whats happened and why. These folks here don't hate you and want the worst for you. I truly believe they want to help and you but you are just to stubborn to allow it or admit that you are flawed as we all are. Your comments have gotten to the point were they almost seem like a put on because it seems no rational person could think this way. You don't have to respect your elders I guess just because they are your elders but you might want to just consider maybe they know more than you because of their life experiences. Some people like myself really just want to help and have no agenda. Seems you won't allow it however. Good luck to you either way.... :rose: :(

Well said...nuff said

• Like 2

Hobo. Some people with very high moral fiber have given you some very sound advice. You can run away and pretend that it's everyone else who has a problem, or you can read what was written, reflect, and see if you can become a better person for it.

I made a challenge to you in the Admitting You're Wrong thread. It saddens me that you didn't rise to that challenge. :(

• Like 2

It's possible, I guess.

Hey wait a sec it's a bottle, for some reason I've always seen it as tweezers! :o Maybe my brains are coming out my nose too! :boohoo: :blink: :hi:

It's possible, I guess.

Hey wait a sec it's a bottle, for some reason I've always seen it as tweezers! :o Maybe my brains are coming out my nose too! :boohoo: :blink: :hi:

He's sniffing coke. Get it?!

I'm just one of the two-faced jerks that only calls people out because I'm apparently having a bad day.

It's possible, I guess.

He's sniffing coke. Get it?!

Yeah I was seeing it with my nose!